Next few years

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
You’re telling me knownother clubs cheat? Broncos, sharks, eels got done...

Point is we are big club and have the financial backing to compete with any clubs for signings, this crap about we aren’t the roosters is non sense we have the funds to sign who we want
My point isn't that all clubs don't cheat, my point is the NRL choose who they decide to find cheating while others are never questioned.

Bronc's - certain staff member quits and refuses to answer questions about the club so the NRL moves on
Eels - given light sentence so they can still compete that very year and points deduction allows them to still make the finals if they are good enough
Sharks - another club that has grown questionable in the last few years with their buying power...also appears to be NRL sanctioned
- penalty for peptide use was back dated so players found guilty serve 3 match bans, the only kid with integrity is forced out of the game until now.

Although I don't know for sure, I am thinking that our TPA power is low right now after dikhead walked away and took his toys. We will need to build that up again so we can make signings that don't feature mainly on our Salary Cap.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You insanely overrate Lewis, most key areas required in a halves game are dead average at best with him.
You were right about pay, I've given you that.
But I think you're wrong about lewis.

Only time will tell though

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As a halve who they’re trying to get behind they should listen. Just because their in the leadership group that doesn’t give them override in set plays
We'll its a issue within the team. They were good in the first half but its like they just lost their minds once fatigued kicked in.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewy does not deserve to get shots fired at him! He’s there because we have no one else an for a young guy 4 games into the big time he has done well..

Yes it comes in short bursts an he can’t maintain it consistently for the full 80 mins an it breaks down but it takes time an he is learning an will be better for it next year after another off season .

I’m glad we signed him because at the moment we don’t have a lot.

Give him a break and more time to prove himself an see how he goes next year and then make your decision.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dead average... You insanely underrate him.

By the way I didn't allocate a position for him yet... I'll wait to see him take control of a team and have a decent half outside him before I make that judgement.
Not at all, i'm just actually rating him on things that are actually on display.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You were right about pay, I've given you that.
But I think you're wrong about lewis.

Only time will tell though
There's literally nothing special about his game as half, people are just seeing things that aren't there. I wanted him to have a spot in the halves to start the season, but i never viewed him as anything more than average.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lewis is nothing special and never ever ever ever will be. End of story. Ppl are blind as a fucking bat if they think this kid has got what it takes.

You can't even compare his determination to Reynolds. Lewis has nothing.

Foran and Cogger halves next year barring injury, and that's depressing saying that as well.

Our whole squad next year pretty much is useless besides a select few. And with Pay as coach then its even worse.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There's literally nothing special about his game as half, people are just seeing things that aren't there. I wanted him to have a spot in the halves to start the season, but i never viewed him as anything more than average.
I disagree. He's solid defensively and has a decent passing game. Obviously he isn't a game manager and I think his kicking needs a lot of work but that should come given time. He's either a five-eighth or a lock at worst, but I see potential. You clearly don't, and that's fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I disagree. He's solid defensively and has a decent passing game. Obviously he isn't a game manager and I think his kicking needs a lot of work but that should come given time. He's either a five-eighth or a lock at worst, but I see potential. You clearly don't, and that's fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion
No i definitelysee potential as a ball playing lock, but as a half he looks average at best.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great defender?????? Are you serious!!!! That’s what you want your halve to be.... gee whiz
i'm being sarcastic!!! It seems like so many people are basing his ability on his defensive quailties...what about being able to organise a team?

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To all those knocking Lewis because he is still developing his game and is not rated by some here on the Kennel, it is not a crime to be stupid but it should be. If all our current players shared his passion, guts and determination we wood win more games than what we lose. Lachland may not be our Saviour and I for one don't expect the kid to walk on water but he is the best we have at the moment and the flickering light that most on the kennel need due to this dismal season.
So well said and so true i.m watching our team nowa days just to see him tackle and he can think and pass the ball

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Passion, guts, determination... sounds like you're describing Reynolds qualities...
Josh was a great bloke but had no brains for the position hasbeen wanted him to play in

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Short memories with some. Not even last year we had no-one who could kick or try and create something, then a young kid steps up for his chance and can kick long, short and tactically and he's not good enough. He tackles like the axe, balls of steel standing in front of the games biggest forwards and has the time to asses the situation. Good players create time and he does this without panicking. He has short falls but he's in like game 3 of his career. He's the best half we have had in 6 years and I'm not saying he's that good....just that we have had that bad. I'm backing him and I hope he is our fulltime half for next year! People keep forgetting the situation we are in and it's like talking to forest gump.

We are the bulldogs, this means we don't get to release a Ferguson and sign a Hall & Morris in his stead without questions being asked. The NRL makes sure we do it the hard way and our previous traitors nailed our coffin shut!
Every word a gem

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a halve who they’re trying to get behind they should listen. Just because their in the leadership group that doesn’t give them override in set plays
Unfortunately our leadership group look and act as if they are stupids and thats because I think they are

Status
Not open for further replies.