Next few years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, if you trust in the system and believe the board, we'll be pushing for an 8 spot next year. Unless this team goes through a massive shake up and hypnosis or therapy to repair years of hasler syndrome, I just can't see it sadly.

I hope to god I'm wrong though
You are not wrong. At this stage with no decent singings we have a lock on 16th for 2019.
Biggest unknown is Foran, I was supportive of his signing but it has been a fail so far, unless he comes back fully fit and firing we will be keeping the spoon we get this year.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't you try plugging in your crystal ball night light, instantly the future should look brighter. But I understand it is difficult to be positive if you blood type is B-negative.
Crystal ball
B-negative

Geez you’re more creative then our halves

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To all those knocking Lewis because he is still developing his game and is not rated by some here on the Kennel, it is not a crime to be stupid but it should be. If all our current players shared his passion, guts and determination we wood win more games than what we lose. Lachland may not be our Saviour and I for one don't expect the kid to walk on water but he is the best we have at the moment and the flicking light that most on the kennel need due to this dismal season.

Renoylds played with passion and I think he lost us more games then what he won us.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It is a talent.. Now add a sublime right and left passing game. Add a great power kicking game. Add a great defensive game. Add a great talking game.

What does he need to work on?

His vision? Its not to bad for 4 games...

His short kicking game? Definitely...

His ability to kick the **** in front of him when he should be getting the ball? Fcuk yeah.

His not the quickest nor the most agile but plenty of character and attributes to work off... Definitely worth toiling with the kid.
You insanely overrate Lewis, most key areas required in a halves game are dead average at best with him.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having a dig is what every first grader does, having talent in the halves is what we have not got.. good kicking game that’s as far as it goes
He isn't a first grader yet. Probably 2 years off it. But like i said, he's been put in a spot where he has to step up and help us out in the top grade.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Renoylds played with passion and I think he lost us more games then what he won us.
Hence the lack of discipline and ability to control himself # Brainfarts. Where Lachland seems to be more level headed.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Short memories with some. Not even last year we had no-one who could kick or try and create something, then a young kid steps up for his chance and can kick long, short and tactically and he's not good enough. He tackles like the axe, balls of steel standing in front of the games biggest forwards and has the time to asses the situation. Good players create time and he does this without panicking. He has short falls but he's in like game 3 of his career. He's the best half we have had in 6 years and I'm not saying he's that good....just that we have had that bad. I'm backing him and I hope he is our fulltime half for next year! People keep forgetting the situation we are in and it's like talking to forest gump.

We are the bulldogs, this means we don't get to release a Ferguson and sign a Hall & Morris in his stead without questions being asked. The NRL makes sure we do it the hard way and our previous traitors nailed our coffin shut!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You insanely overrate Lewis, most key areas required in a halves game are dead average at best with him.
Dead average... You insanely underrate him.

By the way I didn't allocate a position for him yet... I'll wait to see him take control of a team and have a decent half outside him before I make that judgement.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Short memories with some. Not even last year we had no-one who could kick or try and create something, then a young kid steps up for his chance and can kick long, short and tactically and he's not good enough. He tackles like the axe, balls of steel standing in front of the games biggest forwards and has the time to asses the situation. Good players create time and he does this without panicking. He has short falls but he's in like game 3 of his career. He's the best half we have had in 6 years and I'm not saying he's that good....just that we have had that bad. I'm backing him and I hope he is our fulltime half for next year! People keep forgetting the situation we are in and it's like talking to forest gump.

We are the bulldogs, this means we don't get to release a Ferguson and sign a Hall & Morris in his stead without questions being asked. The NRL makes sure we do it the hard way and our previous traitors nailed our coffin shut!
Did you just say we aren’t like the roosters? Why can’t we be like the roosters? We are one of the wealthiest clubs commercially?

Lewis does not create, numerous times on last tackle our forwards were getting the ball on last... he should be screaming for it...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did you just say we aren’t like the roosters? Why can’t we be like the roosters? We are one of the wealthiest clubs commercially?

Lewis does not create, numerous times on last tackle our forwards were getting the ball on last... he should be screaming for it...
Obviously missed Hoppa literally standing 1m in front of Lewis whose waiting for the ball... Lichaa wouldnt give Lewis the ball. His 4 games old and not in a position to slap anyone.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously missed Hoppa literally standing 1m in front of Lewis whose waiting for the ball... Lichaa wouldnt give Lewis the ball. His 4 games old and not in a position to slap anyone.
he should be slapping people around, he’s meant to want the ball and take control... isn’t that what everyone wants or they want him to be babied around the field.. if someone is in the way he’s gotta tell em get the fuck outta my way, get here go there this is what we are doing

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
he should be slapping people around, he’s meant to want the ball and take control... isn’t that what everyone wants or they want him to be babied around the field.. if someone is in the way he’s gotta tell em get the fuck outta my way, get here go there this is what we are doing

Your a classic. His 4 games old! You try telling Klem and the leadership to get the eff out of your way. Its a shit position to be in, even for the coach.

Plus if you watch the game again its weird, Its like they either didn't want him to get the ball or they just wanted to do shit themselves.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

Because the Roosters cheat and it is allowed by the NRL and we cannot. You do realise he has played like 3 FG games hey.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Your a classic. His 4 games old! You try telling Klem and the leadership to get the eff out of your way. Its a shit position to be in, even for the coach.

Plus if you watch the game again its weird, Its like they either didn't want him to get the ball or they just wanted to do shit themselves.
Desball runs deep with these guys, will take awhile for the forwards to realise again that they are required to get the fuk out of the way after their run. Perfect example was when we were on the attack yesterday on their try line and Tolman (from memory) and Klemm take "settlers" on tackles 3 & 4....1 metre from Parra's tryline only for tackle 5 to go the backs. Apparently Lewis is expected to be a 5 year halves veteran by now from some on here. I like what I am seeing from him.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

As a halve who they’re trying to get behind they should listen. Just because their in the leadership group that doesn’t give them override in set plays

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because the Roosters cheat and it is allowed by the NRL and we cannot. You do realise he has played like 3 FG games hey.
You’re telling me knownother clubs cheat? Broncos, sharks, eels got done...

Point is we are big club and have the financial backing to compete with any clubs for signings, this crap about we aren’t the roosters is non sense we have the funds to sign who we want

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
when will everyone realise that resigning Lewis is not really a good thing, just a fill in to a position that he won’t even fill in.. he’s not our saviour and never will be... JMK, I feel embarrassed having league conversations with people and having to say that JMK should be our utility, he’s not first grade standard... but that’s all we got... Nu brown came to play five eight and after 17rounds played more then 20mins yesterday... he’s not the answer also, people are looking forward to cogger, if cogger has a bright future knights wouldn’t have signed Pearce, they’ve proven that they weren’t afraid to blood youth.. which leaves me with Foran, a cripple who has been quoted to me by players as being hit by a truck who can’t walk after games.... not the answer... nick meaney, average at best... we have no hooker that’s capable of steering a team around...

Ohhh it’s not all negative, remis smith, I see good things in, as do I see in ofa

it dark days ahead boys... but this optimistic crap about Lewis, JMK, meaney... stop being so blinded, they aren’t the answer.
no, no, no dude. You have to believe that Lewis is our future. He shows great potential because he is a great defender and executes excellent 5th tackle options !

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no, no, no dude. You have to believe that Lewis is our future. He shows great potential because he is a great defender and executes excellent 5th tackle options !
Great defender?????? Are you serious!!!! That’s what you want your halve to be.... gee whiz

Status
Not open for further replies.