News "News" More Burton media dribble

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

How about you fuck right off Frothfield. I mean its been great to have a bulldogs player getting lots of hype, but this **** has to put a negative spin on it. Not that i expected differently. Just annoying.

Plus as much as i love Bomber Burton right now and think he could carry us to a premiership, if he doesnt want to stay when we offer him very reasonable money (more than what hes on now obviously), then he can also go! The club needs a loyal committed contingent thats getting their fair money. Gus will do the best he does and im believing for now, but our history doesnt bode well in letting go of guns. Anyways ive been sucked into the media trap i know. Ill stop.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep agreed. Pure dribble

Why the fuck are we going to find it tough to keep him ???

1. We gave him his crack as a starting number 6 ;
2. He got a significant pay increase when we signed him ;
3. We have shitloads of cap space for 2024 and beyond ;
4. He has made origin this year whilst playing with us

Absolute rubbish again from Rothfield

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We probably have more cap space than most when it's time to extend him so not overly concerned about the money. Would only be concerned about the roosters and storm but would rely on them giving up on keary and munster.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I said it last year he’d be the kangaroos number 6 within 24 months. Buzz is right he’s value has gone up after last night. 800k minimum with backended deal

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can we stop posting Buzz’s dribble and negative article insights on here? No one likes the **** so why should we give him so much attention and shares.
Exactly have said this before if it looks and smells like shit why post and babble on about it..we all know he is a dickhead why let him get under your skin.
It means NOTHING to our great club and what we do, Gus wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need to name a coach or at least tell Burton who the coach will be. The luxury we have is we could upgrade him for next year and no one else can.
Give him another 300k for next year and 850-900 for the next 3 years after.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to name a coach or at least tell Burton who the coach will be. The luxury we have is we could upgrade him for next year and no one else can.
Give him another 300k for next year and 850-900 for the next 3 years after.
you think they don’t know who the coach is already? They def know but instructed not to say a single word to anyone.. they know but won’t tell us yet until it’s sufficient we have things in place to announce it.

Just remember kikau was signed out of the blue and they regret it being leaked. Now whenever they are ready we will announce it. Tigers haven’t got anyone yet so who knows maybe we will know once origin is finished so players can focus on club game after.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we stop posting Buzz’s dribble and negative article insights on here? No one likes the **** so why should we give him so much attention and shares.
Sorry i know the rule re buzz i just fell for it lol

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend Taylor works for news Corp. by clicking on and article they make money. From advertisements etc that’s why the titles of headlines are click bait . So don’t give them a inch, they are grubs. They write stories for clicks cause they can be commission based writers. He hates us and i hope our 6 stays, maybe Fittler being coach is the draw card. Who knows

Malla

Reaction score
Looking forward to 40 mins on 360 tonight where they talk more about how Burton is now worth 1.5mil a year and Dogs are in one or more of the following scenarios;
a. in trouble because he will get offers from other clubs and theyll struggle to keep him
b. will need to gut their team to offer burton the money he needs
c. burton does not deserve more than a mil because he has shown in origin he is one of the best centres in the comp but an average 5/8
d. penrith need to get him back!

Have i missed any plots?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Besides Roosters, and even they dont have the roster they once had, which other team could he go to that can

a) afford him and
b) have a premiership winning roster

Panthers cant afford him, Storm have Munster, Parra have Dylan Brown. Souths have Walker. Sharks cant afford him.

All other squads are shit like ours. At least we are on the up with Kikau and Mahoney coming. Plus our juniors like Kiraz and schoupp coming good etc

Safe to say, he will be get offers from other clubs if he tests the market but he will end up staying with us long term

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Article now updated
Million dollar Burton

He famously shifted to Canterbury to play five-eighth on $400,000 – but Matt Burton is rapidly heading towards being the NRL’s next million-dollar superstar.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you imagine those cts on their program tonight??? Piece’s of sh!t will be like a pack of dogs over a raw bone with the “Burton on the market” commentary

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Besides Roosters, and even they dont have the roster they once had, which other team could he go to that can

a) afford him and
b) have a premiership winning roster

Panthers cant afford him, Storm have Munster, Parra have Dylan Brown. Souths have Walker. Sharks cant afford him.

All other squads are shit like ours. At least we are on the up with Kikau and Mahoney coming. Plus our juniors like Kiraz and schoupp coming good etc

Safe to say, he will be get offers from other clubs if he tests the market but he will end up staying with us long term
Burton can build his own legacy here. If you were a footy player would you rather be at Penrith playing centre under Clearys shadow or be the star at the dogs with a good paying contract and fans that love you. Not to mention the quality side were building Burton has all you could want here.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a huge advantage in being able to upgrade this year's contract and next year's contract plus market rate.

Plus if he likes being here that is all the more reason to re sign, money means nothing if your in a place where you are unsettled.

I believe he knows he can play his best footy here and be an integral part of something great.