Newcastle should release Cogger

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tightasses not releasing Cogger

The sooner we get the kid in our system, training with us, the better for us..

Between the 3 of JMK, Frawley, Cleeland (injured) we still arent guarenteed in finding our longterm partner for Foran..

Getting our hands on Cogger asap and seeing if hes the partner in crime for Foran is ideal, it will also help us decide whether or not we hit the market for another half

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Between the 3 of JMK, Frawley, Cleeland (injured) we still arent guarenteed in finding our longterm partner for Foran..

Getting our hands on Cogger asap and seeing if hes the partner in crime for Foran is ideal, it will also help us decide whether or not we hit the market for another half
We’ve found him mate..
his name is JMK!

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's not their job to help us out. What if Cogger comes over, kills it and we make the 8 and they come 9th, how stupid would they look or if Pearce goes down with injury?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Whats wrong with Jmk he was outstanding for such a young kid. Played with a lot of confidence and great footwork...keep him at 6. Nu brown was fkn useless but

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At this stage I'm not that concerned about them keeping Cogger for this season. We get the chance to see who among our current crop deserves to be retained. Cogger can hopefully work on his skills and build more muscle and maybe work at playing against some physically tougher oppositions before we bring him over. Pay has shown in a few rounds that he's willing to experiment with player rotation so maybe it will inspire our lower grades to fight hard to break into the team.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd prefer Knights keep him this season and let him grow.

No need to complicate things bringing him over early. That gives Cleeland/Frawley/Lewis/Brown/JMK a chance to state their claim.
Hey o missed the game last night.. Anyone know where I can watch a replay?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Tbh im not jizzing about cogger coming at all. Not that hes useless, more im not sure we need him.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Not sure I understand all this hype with Cogger, so good that we was 3rd string of the Knights even before Pearce?

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not sure I understand all this hype with Cogger, so good that we was 3rd string of the Knights even before Pearce?
Cogger was a really highly rated junior but I think part of the reason why he was so good in juniors was because strategically and mentally he was ahead of most of the kids his age as his dad was a pretty decent halfback (160 odd games for Wests) and so he most likely would've gotten some useful one on one coaching growing up that most of kids his age don't get.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Coming up Cogger and Lamb were the starting for every junior rep team there was and were considered future stars, he then made his first-grade debut and whilst he has some flaws he showed some glimpses of star quality. Then he did suffer a pretty bad injury and that gave Lamb control of the team and the time to cement his position.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Long term partner for Foran? I'm more worried about who our long term half is going to be when Foran is gone in two years. We need a first class number 7 to see us through the next 10 years not half (no pun intended) fixing the problem for the next three.
We have some big dollars to spend in the next two years and we need to go for the likes of Nathan Cleary or Michael Morgan or anyone else available who are off contract this year or next.

JMK, Cogger, Lewis etc are young kids. Who is going to nurture these guys when Foran is gone that have played in the NRL consistently? Yes Cleary is young but he is a leader and a rare talent and he will be even better in years to come. Oh and goal kicking...say no more.

Last edited:

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They don't have to release him by any means but they are certainly hurting him by keeping him in reserves. JMK is making a huge play for the 6.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Im calling by the time Cogger gets here, JMK or Lewis will be locked in partnering Foz, and Cogger will be depth.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis and Benji Marshall the second are the 2 stand outs for me.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis and Benji Marshall the second are the 2 stand outs for me.
Agree
Watching Frawley yesterday in ISP he is barely up to that standard. Next year Foran JMK Cogger Lewis Brown will be the halves we will go with. Unless Cleeland gets a chance and shines I think Cleeland and Frawley won’t be resigned.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbh im not jizzing about cogger coming at all. Not that hes useless, more im not sure we need him.
If he turns out to be as good as all the experts predict he will,
We will be very lucky to have him

Status
Not open for further replies.