Official Newcastle withdraw three-year extension freeing Kalyn Ponga to sign with Dolphins

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
any truth to this or just hoping?
hopeful at best, but it makes sense to me with Storm losing both Bromwich boys and Storm having limited cap space after re-securing some big contracts - they can’t offer 1M+ to Munster.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
why would any club take on ponga and have to always be dealing with his father, since day 1 his father has been an issue, just wait now for the big union offer to be mentioned

ponga to dolphins I say no, munster I say done deal

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ponga (much like Reece Walsh) really hasn't kicked on like expected.

Not suprised Knights may have pulled this offer.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're gonna get this sort nonsense when players have their daddy as their manager. Maybe now him and his daddy can piss off to rugby

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ponga (much like Reece Walsh) really hasn't kicked on like expected.

Not suprised Knights may have pulled this offer.
Reece Walsh is a freak, he looks dangerous every time he touches the footy. Ponga is class, Munster creates something from nothing and demands excellence - never forget that he gave Cheese a serve for a bad pass, that’s the type of leadership and accountability we need - there’s some solid talent available in 2024.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Always thought Ponga was overrated. Sure he has his moments but he is so injury prone.

Munster shits all over him, he’s the man you want.

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharks have a lot of cap space being freed up this year. They could build a super team.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
With any luck, there’s a swap deal being negotiated: $800k Thompson > Storm / $1M Munster > Bulldogs - Bulldogs tipping in 200k - equivalent of buying Munster for $400k
We'll still have no halfback, and two 5/8ths, unless Munster can play at 7.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We'll still have no halfback, and two 5/8ths, unless Munster can play at 7.
They should be interchangeable this day and age but for mine, you want your best player getting the most touches - Munster could slot in at 7 in that regard

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
With any luck, there’s a swap deal being negotiated: $800k Thompson > Storm / $1M Munster > Bulldogs - Bulldogs tipping in 200k - equivalent of buying Munster for $400k
Why on Gods green earth would Storm pay 800k for Thompson lol. Also will take more than 1 million to get Munster out of Melbourne imo

Also, you think Dogs have already given up on the Burton at 6 idea 6 rounds in? He just got here.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why on Gods green earth would Storm pay 800k for Thompson lol. Also will take more than 1 million to get Munster out of Melbourne imo

Also, you think Dogs have already given up on the Burton at 6 idea 6 rounds in? He just got here.
Maybe you missed the part where I added we would tip in 200k - that makes Thompson a 600k prospect for the Storm.

No, I don’t believe we have given up on Burton at 6 and why would we?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe you missed the part where I added we would tip in 200k - that makes Thompson a 600k prospect for the Storm.

No, I don’t believe we have given up on Burton at 6 and why would we?
being a bit generous with how much we'll have to chip in, 300-400k's more likely. Munster's available for 2024 anyways, Thompson will be off the books by then (unless extended for much less). Munster could transition into a 7 at this stage of his career imo.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
being a bit generous with how much we'll have to chip in, 300-400k's more likely. Munster's available for 2024 anyways, Thompson will be off the books by then (unless extended for much less). Munster could transition into a 7 at this stage of his career imo.
It’s all hypotheticals regardless… some people are still losing their sh!t ffs.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As predicted the complete opposite of what the media reported just two days ago happened. The media in Rugby League are the worst..