NEWCASTLE RL | Lakes United winger Toa Mata'afa signs with the Bulldogs

frogdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lakes United winger Toa Mata’afa is poised to quit the club at the end of the season after signing a second tier contract with the Canterbury Bulldogs.

The former Wests Tigers lower grader linked with the Seagulls this season and made a couple of appearances for the Knights in the NSW Cup without making a big impression.

But Lakes coach Todd Edwards said he is not surprised his big winger will get another chance to earn higher honours at the Bulldogs.

“I rate him and I know Jason Taylor rated him when he was coaching at the Tigers,”Edwards said.

“Hopefully, he has a couple of more games to go for us before he finishes up.”

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's good we're signing prospects but can we sign at least 1 decent first grade quality winger or centre.

I hope Pay doesn't plan to give a spot to Montoya but I fear he is going to.

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
hopefully he develops into a first grade winger.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is probably the end of Tom Carr if they have signed this guy.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
When I clicked on the highlight video I noticed it was 5 mins long and thought, "Nice, here we go". Yeah nice step back on the inside, does his job as a winger finishing tries, looks like he tackles ok around the legs as a FB. He looked to play better at FB actually with the ball in hand creating stuff. Cool, see how he goes and maybe in a couple of years see if he kicks on.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would not get excited about any player Jason Taylor gets excited about, the prick has no idea!!
If he can’t crack it at the Tigers and Knights I don’t really hold out much hope but you never know he might come good.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id say one of those rough diamond signings prob cost the club sweet fa but could be a star could be a dud nothing lost ,if we unearth 2-3 guns next year from left field we could surprise alot

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It never hurts to pick up players for reserve grade cheaply. It's up to the players to earn their stripes and I hope this guy proves to be a good signing.

Reactions: DT

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks the goods based upon the highlights reel.

Problem though...We now have Meaney, Cerutto (if he has re-signed?... anyone know if he has?) and now this guy all playing FB in ISP.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lynne Anderson just said 2020 is going to be a tough year, cap wise so expect further signings like this