Daily Telegraph/Rothfield New Zealand Warriors target Jackson Hastings with Wigan’s John Bateman deal close

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brandon Smith. If Grant is going to play hooker, Smith isnt going to want to play lock for too long.
You’d think something has to give there sooner or later but even if he asked for a release clubs would be queuing up.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brandon Smith. If Grant is going to play hooker, Smith isnt going to want to play lock for too long.
Smith would be a great signing he has Bulldogs DNA all over him imo.
Really thought we had a good shot with Cotric, we are heading in the direction Canberra went a few years ago raid England cause nobody here wanted to play there. Never thought the Bulldogs would be a club that had to do that.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Smith will score or setup a try tonight and there will be a "sign Brandon Smith" thread within minutes :tearsofjoy:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only hope now is there’s some player movement that triggers some on contract players looking for a new club but who knows if that will happen.
The club also needs to be aggressive in pursuing guys who aren't getting paid what they're worth or can't get a starting gig.

They can't afford to just wait for those that demand releases. Burton is a prime example. Make him an offer he can't refuse and Penrith won't be able to stand in his way. We can't wait for him to put himself on the market otherwise every other club will pounce.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have also spoken about re-signing halfback Kieran Foran – in stellar form for a struggling side – on a reduced contract.

in stellar form, thats hilarious

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cotric obviously inst enough, we still need a 9, a half and an edge backrower but nobody seems to know who were chasing
Cotric 600k
Burton 500k
Hunt/Grant/Bsmith 700k

Surely they can get those deals across the line considering Foran's wage covers 2 of those 3 positions.

We have forwards, Pay doesn't know how to use them.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
don’t worry just wait and see maybe 2048 we jag someone when they call us.

This is why I said we should of been active well before now. I mean it’s not rocket science. The titans signed that tino, knights frizzell, the list will go on. We are so far behind the 8ball with this “war chest” we will upgrade Foran for his “miraculous recovery and outstanding form

Probz extend Marshall king and Katoa too! Just not to play him!

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Smith will score or setup a try tonight and there will be a "sign Brandon Smith" thread within minutes :tearsofjoy:
I won’t - you know Havili is right there for the taking...will be loads cheaper than both and realistic of happening.

Although Smith is an animal and would be amazing for us, I just can’t the Storm letting him and Grant slip through their fingers...

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Bulldogs just dont offer anything for players to come to us anymore.
Who would want to come and play a boring out dated grind out a game style.
When then the game has moved on for fast flowing more mobile forwards.
They will not learn anything under Pay!

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Bulldogs just dont offer anything for players to come to us anymore.
Who would want to come and play a boring out dated grind out a game style.
When then the game has moved on for fast flowing more mobile forwards.
They will not learn anything under Pay!
I agree mate its looking that way at the moment,
Best hope is to jag some juniors or maybe poach someone like Burton who can't get regular game time.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
can you imaagine the sales pitch given to new players thinking of coming to the bulldogs,
we have dean pay as our coach
we have lynn anderson in charge
we have chriss anderson lurking around recruitment
we are a team thats trying
we admire nz parramatta and canberra

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
can you imaagine the sales pitch given to new players thinking of coming to the bulldogs,
we have dean pay as our coach
we have lynn anderson in charge
we have chriss anderson lurking around recruitment
we are a team thats trying
we admire nz parramatta and canberra
We are also stuck in the 90s and unless your related to the Moores/Andersons/Britts you are the perfect fit to our needs.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They'll pay Brandon Smith as well as a Hooker but play him at lock and move Finucane to the front row even though Smith has played a few games at prop this year. I think Cameron Smith will retire and Grant will be back at the Storm next year.

If they had to chose one, I'd be surprised if its Grant before Smith, Brandon Smith is a special player, probably the toughest player in the league.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have also spoken about re-signing halfback Kieran Foran – in stellar form for a struggling side – on a reduced contract.

in stellar form, thats hilarious
They will turn around when he doesn't sign with club legends let walk , the legend isnt the funny bit it the walk. No way foz is walking out of belmore.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They'll pay Brandon Smith as well as a Hooker but play him at lock and move Finucane to the front row even though Smith has played a few games at prop this year. I think Cameron Smith will retire and Grant will be back at the Storm next year.

If they had to chose one, I'd be surprised if its Grant before Smith, Brandon Smith is a special player, probably the toughest player in the league.
I think he's the toughest player too, well p4p he is.

I'd take Grant at hooker though. Brandon doesn't get to play enough at hooker to show what he's really got.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think he's the toughest player too, well p4p he is.

I'd take Grant at hooker though. Brandon doesn't get to play enough at hooker to show what he's really got.
Beggars can’t be choosers

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We will have the most expensive second rowers in the league, about 7 of them lol. All part of lyns plan i suppose lol.
I still cant see how bateman and cotric are neeeded when we donf have a fullback, hooker or decent half. They will get no clean ball. Just a quick grab by the board to save there arse. Luke brooks is on only 500 thou and bring in burton. Alex mckinnon, and just one melbourne hooker for fuck sake. Without that spine its a waste of time sighning anybody else.
It wouldnt take much to put together, but im sure our board is busy spending another 600 thousand on another winger. To go along with our other 3, 600 thousand dollar wingers. Disgrace of a football department. No fucking idea.
Alex McKinnon?

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bateman not comming apparently so need to move on from him