new zealand state of origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i heard on the radio today that new zealand is having its own state of origin next year. north island vs south island. thsi would be pretty good imagine the big hits.

sorry if there is already a thread on this just got on here.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hope there is a kiwi origin.
More football to watch

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
yeah i heard about that last during the tri-nations last year i reckon it's an awesome idea i'll be cheerin for north island :D we'll have sonny! woohoo!

bulldogs_chick16

The Brissy Kid
Reaction score
yeah u r right more footy but yeah i think that it would be preety interesting to see

Reaction score
Yeah I reckon it'd be great. It would be a ****ing heavy game of football.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
noooooooooooooooooooooo,,,

then we will have weeks when they wont be playing at club level to play for the NZers.
play it in the off season and then ill be happy

*Doggiez Angel*

Sponsored by Playboy
Reaction score
NZRL seeking North-South match next year
March 16, 2005 - 10:24AM
Page Tools

* Email to a friend
* Printer format

The New Zealand Rugby League (NZRL) is pursuing plans for a State of Origin-style North-South match next year, after a bid to launch the concept this year had to be dropped.

Chairman Selwyn Pearson said he was confident the inaugural match would go ahead next season.

The idea for a North-South encounter involving New Zealand's best players was first made public last November.

The geographic boundary for determining the composition of the teams was set at the Bombay Hills, south of Auckland, and the fixture was to have coincided with the State of Origin series in Australia.

However, the NZRL has since been told that National Rugby League (NRL) clubs needed to have had more prior notice.

"It was suggested that we needed to give the clubs a little bit more warning," Pearson said.

"I think that's fair enough, just as a courtesy, and the NRL had already done their calendar."

Pearson acknowledged that NRL clubs might be against the North-South proposal because it would mean an extra commitment for some of their players.

"But it would be a shocking double standard if they released players for the State of Origin and not for the North-South," he said.

NZRL general manager Peter Cordtz said New Zealand was not able to secure a commitment from the NRL to include a North-South match in this year's calendar.

"From their point of view, they felt there was more planning needed," he said.

"We've had support in principle, with enough planning and enough lead time, they will look at incorporating it for 2006 and we're continuing to press hard for that to be the case."

© 2005 AAP

Auckland gurl

Waterboy
Reaction score
[The geographic boundary for determining the composition of the teams was set at the Bombay Hills, south of Auckland, and the fixture was to have coincided with the State of Origin series in Australia.]

Does this mean it'll be Auckland and North against the rest of the country? That's a good idea cos I couldn't think of anyone who would play for the South Island

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Auckland gurl said:
[The geographic boundary for determining the composition of the teams was set at the Bombay Hills, south of Auckland, and the fixture was to have coincided with the State of Origin series in Australia.]

Does this mean it'll be Auckland and North against the rest of the country? That's a good idea cos I couldn't think of anyone who would play for the South Island

yep, their is no way it would be north island vs south island the north would just kill the south, even with the bombay hills section the north team would still kick ass

*Doggiez Angel*

Sponsored by Playboy
Reaction score
douglasallen19 said:
yep, their is no way it would be north island vs south island the north would just kill the south, even with the bombay hills section the north team would still kick ass

they sure would :D

itsrad1

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think they should be allowed to play in the Australian S.O.S
Its the benchmark of the game and the reason why alot of kiwis end up playing for Australia.
If they could play S.O.S and still play for there country N.Z would be so much stronger for it

*Doggiez Angel*

Sponsored by Playboy
Reaction score
itsrad1 said:
I think they should be allowed to play in the Australian S.O.S
Its the benchmark of the game and the reason why alot of kiwis end up playing for Australia.
If they could play S.O.S and still play for there country N.Z would be so much stronger for it

pity it'll never happen though

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JuSTiNcReDiBLe! said:
ill be playin 4 sth island

its all sweet cuz
that will mean you can never play for australia.

i wonder if tonie carroll will now play for the south team now.

and wayne bennett said if traitor hunt had a soo to play for in kiwi he wouldn't have chosen queensland over nz

Status
Not open for further replies.