• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I am a sad sack.

At least we sad sacks don't have to rely on fireworks to have fun.

This sad sack thinks what this money could do.

Be a step closer to people finding a cure to Motor Neuron Disease, close to a cure to Spinal Cord Injuries etc.
You ain’t a sad sack bud..I understand your point completely..there are such worthwhile causes that tax payer’s money can go too..and I understand @Fear.The.Roo and his support of fireworks..although his Broncos example does not quite work because they are private entity..not entirely funded by tax payer’s money..

Nonetheless there has to be middle ground between the two..I say just a little less spent..as I said New Year’s is an event..you could show a Steven Segal movie and a million people would go..well I may be stretching it there! Lol!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's the quick and the dead to syphon off as much as they can into their personal interests and benefactors contracts etc. Imagine tendering out the country's visa applications for a start. No can't see anything going horribly wrong with that!

I have a neice with cerebal palsy. A constant worry for my brother in law that she keeps getting shuffled out of care facilities.

Bloody heartless and selfish and all about ridding themselves of the problem...and we empower that behaviour :(
Your niece and family should never have to worry where or how she is cared for in first world country like Australia..a disgrace..

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Broncos should fold and stop existing, all the millions it costs to run that club could go to research to cure .....insert charity of your choice.......
Are you for real.

Broncos aren't using taxpayers money.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well I am a sad sack.

At least we sad sacks don't have to rely on fireworks to have fun.

This sad sack thinks what this money could do.

Be a step closer to people finding a cure to Motor Neuron Disease, close to a cure to Spinal Cord Injuries etc.
How about you sell everything you have... just think of what the money could do to help people/causes in need.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you for real.

Broncos aren't using taxpayers money.
Your missing the point
Who gives a fuck if it's tax payers money or not
Its millions of dollars.

What a waste of money, by your logic it would be better spend on medical research

Let no one have any fun on indulge on anything till all medical and suffering has ended
That's your logic
Where Does it start and stop?
Of you creating rules as you go, so it's tax money only now is it?

Fuck you, sad fucking sap

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let no one have any fun on indulge on anything till all medical and suffering has ended
That's your logic
Where Does it start and stop?
Of you creating rules as you go, so it's tax money only now is it?

Fuck you, sad fucking sap
When you have a loved one suffer & die from MND.

Councils, state & federal government wasting money you want to know why & why that money couldn't have been used for different medical research.

Proud to be a sad fucking sap.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Councils, state & federal government wasting money you want to know why & why that money couldn't have been used for different medical research.

Terrible bloody decease mate..terrible..wouldn’t wish it on anyone ..

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

It’s not a waste it’s an investment in Australia’s future. Get back to reality.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Play that tiny violin a little more.
Everyone has suffered or watched a loved one suffer from something
you are not special, I hate to break it to you,

But you dwell if you like,
Me on the other hand, I'm going to enjoy some fun in life,

My only complaint is sad saps like you trying to take everyone else's fun away just because you like to look at the glass half empty and dwell on unfortunate circumstances that's beyond your control.

That's your problem, not mine.
And I'll happily argue against you or anyone else on this topic till the cows come home,

You can bet on that

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s not a waste it’s an investment in Australia’s future u turd. Get back to reality.
It's a Bronco supporter we are dealing with here, you can't expect much common sence or logic.

Last edited:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
From an economic perspective needs to go ahead.

Big events like this have a large enough stimulus to the economy.

I get that people caught in the bushfire are doing it tough but cancelling the fireworks is also going to have a net negative effect.
It's true they are doing it tough and most of them have no issue with the fireworks.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Although it’s always nice to see more money to be directed to medical research..sometimes it’s not about how much money is directed to medical research but rather how it is distributed..

As such, to be brutally honest a lot of money is ‘wasted’ at this distribution level.. And what’s implied here is..the type of research that is given grants..As a person who has a spinal injury I have watched with keen interest the progress towards a cure..not at the neglect of care it must be stressed.. And have noticed with both looking at research being conducted and talking to numerous spinal doctors..is the waste of funds that repeat experiments already conducted and proven..I point out here I don’t include confirming a result in different environments which is needed..but repeated confirmations. I cite a recent paper looking at whether exercises are beneficial after a spinal injury..not only a given but a premise that has been officially proven time again in other papers..

It is here..at this level..that funding is misdirected, not necessarily ‘not enough’ money available.. It is such a shame because it slows down the whole process of finding a cure..and actually..if we think about finance..relieving the taxpayers of the burden of providing for people who are sick or injured.. Funds that could be redirected to fireworks..which would keep a few people in this forum happy!!! Lol!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As a person of the land in drought and dealing with fires I think cancelling the fireworks in Sydney is another stupid thing the media drums up. There are other ways the government can raise the money for the disasters going on in the country and the fireworks for New Year’s Eve is not burning down Sydney and is a huge economic boom for the state. Glad it went ahead

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As a person of the land in drought and dealing with fires I think cancelling the fireworks in Sydney is another stupid thing the media drums up. There are other ways the government can raise the money for the disasters going on in the country and the fireworks for New Year’s Eve is not burning down Sydney and is a huge economic boom for the state. Glad it went ahead
Well said brother, well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.