Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I couldn't give a rats ass.
Fireworks, primitive Chinese shit used to scare away evil spirits from the emperor's palace!

Fireworks belong in the same category as video games.
For kids.
Have to agree, again it’s all hype, I mean the kids love it of corse.. but if firework displays in NZ were cancelled, it just would not phase me one bit lol..!!!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Too late to cancel em.. No problem seeing workers getting paid more..doesn’t mean fireworks have to be so lavish..
But cancelling them results in employers cutting back on staff because there will be an assumed reduction in patrons. Again low paid workers will be impacted.

I completely understand the nations feelings because of the fires, however, but cancelling a major event is a net negative effect to many people in need of the extra cash and employers in the city who have exorbitant leases. They rely on the special days quite a lot.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But cancelling them results in employers cutting back on staff because there will be an assumed reduction in patrons. Again low paid workers will be impacted.

I completely understand the nations feelings because of the fires, however, but cancelling a major event is a net negative effect to many people in need of the extra cash and employers in the city who have exorbitant leases. They rely on the special days quite a lot.
I didn’t say cancel em..it has to go ahead.. It’s paid in advance..they can’t predict the fires.. So I can’t blame em.. However people who don’t agree..don’t go..

Oh I have no problem with New Year Eve fireworks ..just think they need to spend less on the display..

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn’t say cancel em..it has to go ahead.. It’s paid in advance..they can’t predict the fires.. So I can’t blame em.. However people who don’t agree..don’t go..
Yeh sorry my fault. I lost train of thought because I was in an emergency teleconference for 2 hrs

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck doing anything today way to hot, be careful tonight there will be plenty of dick heads out tonight who can't handle their piss at the best of times add the heat and boom
Fingers crossed a lot of people fuck up and end up in a life threatening situation!

Happy new year everyone! :D

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought the fireworks looked pretty damn good. Very clear too.

Happy New Decade Kennellers.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Red cross alone raised near million last night, so in comparison to the do gooders who staged protests in the their living rooms with their backs turned while raising a glass to the fireys didn't achieve a fucking thing.
The fire works achieved more than any outraged **** on twitter

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Red cross alone raised near million last night, so in comparison to the do gooders who staged protests in the their living rooms with their backs turned while raising a glass to the fireys didn't achieve a fucking thing.
I don’t see why people got offended either way
Fireworks bring in money to the economy
Red Cross raised a mil
And cheers to all those brave fireys who put there life on the line

We should be saluting the lot

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ross Gittins the finance guy on SMH (Costello CEO) saying he isnt donating anymore cos Govt are taking the easy option, trying to keep surplus' by not financing services, and expecting the public's donations to keep these services afloat.

Pretty telling coming from a Nine publication. I was shocked his article got past the editor/gatekeeper.

https://mobile.twitter.com/1RossGit...4?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ross Gittins the finance guy on SMH (Costello CEO) saying he isnt donating anymore cos Govt are taking the easy option, trying to keep surplus' by not financing services, and expecting the public's donations to keep these services afloat.

Pretty telling coming from a Nine publication. I was shocked his article got past the editor/gatekeeper.

https://mobile.twitter.com/1RossGittins/status/1212094194971316224?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet
Heck the Morrison government took funding from NDIS to create a budget surplus.. They’ll do anything!!

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/ndis-underspend-to-be-1-6b-20190331-p519am

ps..I have been waiting for a standard Commode for over 6 months..don’t believe the lies by Minister Paul Fletcher about the reasons why it’s underspent..it’s because it’s ineptly run..and their historic obsession with a surplus at the cost of vulnerable people’s needs..in the old days it was completed in a few months..custom made.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Heck the Morrison government took funding from NDIS to create a budget surplus.. They’ll do anything!!

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/ndis-underspend-to-be-1-6b-20190331-p519am

ps..I have been waiting for a standard Commode for over 6 months..don’t believe the lies by Minister Paul Fletcher about the reasons why it’s underspent..it’s because it’s ineptly run..and their historic obsession with a surplus at the cost of vulnerable people’s needs..in the old days it was completed in a few months..custom made.
It's the quick and the dead to syphon off as much as they can into their personal interests and benefactors contracts etc. Imagine tendering out the country's visa applications for a start. No can't see anything going horribly wrong with that!

I have a neice with cerebal palsy. A constant worry for my brother in law that she keeps getting shuffled out of care facilities.

Bloody heartless and selfish and all about ridding themselves of the problem...and we empower that behaviour :(

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we can all agree, fireworks is a great thing
It brings happiness to millions of people, it boosts the economy thus helping the little guy.

Only a few sad sacks would object to the fireworks,

Fuck em I say.
Let them dwell on it whilst the rest of us have a great time.

Bring on next year's bigger and better.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well I am a sad sack.

At least we sad sacks don't have to rely on fireworks to have fun.

This sad sack thinks what this money could do.

Be a step closer to people finding a cure to Motor Neuron Disease, close to a cure to Spinal Cord Injuries etc.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well I am a sad sack.

Be a step closer to people finding a cure to Motor Neuron Disease, close to a cure to Spinal Cord Injuries etc.
Would you be happy to pay significantly more tax?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I am a sad sack.

There are heaps of unfortunate illness
Why should the world stop having fun to put money into research?

Where Does it stop?

Ok, by your logic

The Broncos should fold and stop existing, all the millions it costs to run that club could go to research to cure .....insert charity of your choice.......

Umm
Case closed, all hail the spectacular fire works

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I am a sad sack.

I think it would be better to reduce gov rorts and have a capable gov that doesn't sell everything off

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we can all agree, fireworks is a great thing
It brings happiness to millions of people, it boosts the economy thus helping the little guy.

Fuck em I say.
Let them dwell on it whilst the rest of us have a great time.

Bring on next year's bigger and better.
I ain’t got a problem with fireworks for New Year’s Eve..gotta celebrate the change in the year..I just think they are a little overdone..and overrated to be honest..And something I truly have no interest in.. However I appreciate that people enjoy them.. In terms of boosting the economy..I dare say New Year’s Eve falls into the special category of an Event.. As such you could put a bunch of dogs performing tricks on the Harbour Bridge project it on a big screen and millions of people would flock to see it..

As such I sometimes think a bit too much is spent on it..but again I understand that people enjoy it..that cannot be denied..and it shouldn’t be denied..

Status
Not open for further replies.