new years resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol yes .. Maybe its still early enough to adjust my list ... 'Being nicer' is just too hard sometimes :grinning:
I don't know if the same rule applies for new years resolutions like "being nicer" as applies with gifts. This may require some discussion but if you are thinking of being nicer as a gift to your husband or just unpleasant members of the species in general. I'm always told "It's the thought that counts". ( referred to as ITTTC for the rest of this post)

Point I'm getting at is you can start small by thinking of ways you could be kinder (because ITTTC). List these ways, maybe one day you will feel like acting out a point on the list.

For example a point on your list might be to drop the improvised weapon you are carrying and just slap husband on the back of the head instead of using the golf club to drum sense into him.

You may not ever get the urge to drop that weapon but ITTTC. Small steps though. If I resolved to lose 20kg, trying to lose it in one day would require that I cut off a leg. If you are feeling like being nicer is like cutting of a leg right now its because you tried to go big on day one. Try just thinking about being nicer fur the rest of the week. Maybe by next week you will actually be nicer by mistake. Hope this helps.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My New Years resolution is to.... um..... I'll think lol

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
im just piss taking bit like the castle " what is it with you wogs and cash "
I wasn't offended. My reply was meant to be funny but probably seemed funnier to me in my head. I went down the coast a couple of weeks before school holidays began and was pretty surprised to not see much cultural diversity among the fishing crowd.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know if the same rule applies for new years resolutions like "being nicer" as applies with gifts. This may require some discussion but if you are thinking of being nicer as a gift to your husband or just unpleasant members of the species in general. I'm always told "It's the thought that counts". ( referred to as ITTTC for the rest of this post)

Point I'm getting at is you can start small by thinking of ways you could be kinder (because ITTTC). List these ways, maybe one day you will feel like acting out a point on the list.

For example a point on your list might be to drop the improvised weapon you are carrying and just slap husband on the back of the head instead of using the golf club to drum sense into him.

You may not ever get the urge to drop that weapon but ITTTC. Small steps though. If I resolved to lose 20kg, trying to lose it in one day would require that I cut off a leg. If you are feeling like being nicer is like cutting of a leg right now its because you tried to go big on day one. Try just thinking about being nicer fur the rest of the week. Maybe by next week you will actually be nicer by mistake. Hope this helps.
That makes a lot of sense , I like that bit about the leg .. I don't know if its really the hubby its probably more a case of me being less tolerant of things.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My New Year's resolutions were pretty much the same as previous years - lose weight, get fit, get a new job.

I was visiting family over the Xmas/New Year break.

Mum suggested on New Year's Day that we have Maccas for tea (she was sick of cooking/washing up).

At least 1 resolution blown in less than 1 day.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
so whats yours heres mine

1.loose more hair
2.get more greys
3. get fatter
4.not finish unfinished projects
5.take a shit.
6.start a sack des thread
7. start a sack raelene thread.