New TV recommendations

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
So my series 8 Samsung finally shit itself after some intensive social distancing.

Now I am needing a new tv albeit I am sticking to a budget of $1000 and I want 4k and 65 inch.

Normally I would cough up the extra $ for Samsung and Sony but with these uncertain times and brands like hisense, tlc and even vizio developing flagship tv models I know there is some value to be had there.

Any 1st hand recommendations greatly appreciated.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha I get the feeling he would rob his own grandmother to stump up the extra $ for a flagship namebrand anything. However this is not an option in my case. My grandma lives too far away
I know where you are coming from. Your trying to suss us out for consent to buy the aldi special tomorrow.. 4k 65inch and $599. Don't do it. It's a trap.. it's just not worth having to smack a few people in the face, eye gouge another, then a crippled crossface on someone else to get your hands on one.

You can get a proper 4k 65inch LG for $1200 all day long.

But I don't think you could be too embarrassed if you bought a hisence, maybe $899 drive away. I am yet to try hisence but I think they are now one of the big 4 brands.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So my series 8 Samsung finally shit itself after some intensive social distancing.

Now I am needing a new tv albeit I am sticking to a budget of $1000 and I want 4k and 65 inch.

Normally I would cough up the extra $ for Samsung and Sony but with these uncertain times and brands like hisense, tlc and even vizio developing flagship tv models I know there is some value to be had there.

Any 1st hand recommendations greatly appreciated.
If you can hang out, end of financial year sales will be good in a couple months. You may get your Samsung for that price??

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whatever you do stay away from Samsung mate.

i currently have a 65” Q80R which is a great tv for picture and features. Its less then a year old and has been replaced under warranty twice. The delievery guy (bing lee) told me the samsungs are always getting replaced under warranty. Whereas sony/Lg etc dont seem to have as many problems.

if you can get a decent LG at a good price thats what id be doing

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I know where you are coming from. Your trying to suss us out for consent to buy the aldi special tomorrow.. 4k 65inch and $599. Don't do it. It's a trap.. it's just not worth having to smack a few people in the face, eye gouge another, then a crippled crossface on someone else to get your hands on one.

But I don't think you could be too embarrassed if you bought a hisence, maybe $899 drive away. I am yet to try hisence but I think they are now one of the big 4 brands.
mate i deadset think the aldi tv would be more reliable then my $4000 samsung q80 has been so far

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What's that new cheap brand, fffalcon or something?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Save your money Rob boosts house and not only will you get a new tv you'll get a life supply of toilet paper all though I suspect he's probally got about 100 rolls worth under his bed used as dump rags after he downloaded every queer eye for the straight guy episode

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually gave away a Samsung tv today. For free.

I have about 5-6 TVs not in use. I buy a new one every time a good sale.

Still have a barely ever used Panasonic 3D tv.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually gave away a Samsung tv today. For free.

I have about 5-6 TVs not in use. I buy a new one every time a good sale.

Still have a barely ever used Panasonic 3D tv.
How can you have so many televisions?

Theres 4 in my house. Id be lucky to watch the oversized Samsung twice a year?

I started using my other aldi brand tv for PlayStation but thats it.

I don't go out of my way to watch tv and don't feel like my life is over because I didn't watch a particular show.

Before this isolation shit I was getting in the routine of taking my girlfriend to da movies but obviously not anymore.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Given that 90% of tv is reality shows now just spend a couple of hundred on some binoculars and spy on the neighbours. At least you won't have to put up with half and half ads: show ratio.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Given that 90% of tv is reality shows now just spend a couple of hundred on some binoculars and spy on the neighbours. At least you won't have to put up with half and half ads: show ratio.
I sometimes catch glimpses of reality tv while at work.

Each time I watch a scene I feel more brain cells die and become dumber!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you want cheap and reliable look at a Kogan
Brother got one for his man cave
65inch smart 4K $699

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

I transitioned to Hisense a few years ago, I’d struggle to justify now paying extra $$ for bigger brands as my 2 x Hisense TV’s have been absolutely faultless...

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I transitioned to Hisense a few years ago, I’d struggle to justify now paying extra $$ for bigger brands as my 2 x Hisense TV’s have been absolutely faultless...
Hisense have definitely upped their game from earlier on. When I used to work for Harvey Norman I worked mostly in the electronic department. Back then Hisense were pretty much still a low range brand. But as I said they have definitely upped their game and improved quality of their products. I guess my only real issue is they are a Chinese company.