New Stadium

silva

Utility
Reaction score
The reason why the SFS was replaced was because it had concrete cancer and it failed the Public Liability Insurance risk assessment because it had insufficient egress in an emergence (eg fire, terrorism etc). No insurance = no SFS.

I'm OK with Homebush, we just need more people at games, winning will achieve that. Squaring off the lower seating levels so that they are closer to the sidelines would be good though.

Paramatta is where The Scum play, not us. Being narcissistic, public transport is horrible for me, travelling time is longer than game time.

As for Belmore, I honestly believe that there is scope for the clever building of stadium for ~25k+ (not 30k, that maybe too much of a stretch). There was 16.5k there on Sunday and replacing the hill with a 10k seating capacity grandstand would get us close to 25k. Incorporate the corporate facilities in there. A new grandstand in the airspace over the railway line will easily cover the rest. Incorporate parking there, which commuters can use during the week, and extend the railway station with an exit at the ground.

Always a Bulldog
I recall they drew up plans of the like and it looked great. We don’t need a 40k stadium for belmore. 25k would be great as long as it’s refurbished with decent facilities. Bigger matches can play at Homebush

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Homebush is easy to get to but the spectator experience is garbage. Belmore has a much better atmosphere and view of the field for a better price

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have no real issue with sharing a true neutral ground, but CommBank is Parramatta Stadium lets not kid ourselves. Its next to the leagues club FFS.
It's built for western Sydney but yeah pretty much "home of the Eels".
Keep in mind it's state owned, not the Clubs, not operated by the club. The Eels club can't profit from other activities there, nor decorate it, etc.

Bulldogs need a stadium they are the sole operators. This way they profit from most activities there and decorate as their fortress. Fans for various events, concerts, international friendlies, etc get a sense of this Sydney powerhouse club, a stadium they might want to revisit and attend a game or catch on the tele or talk about.
This way the club can profit, self sustain in case there's any issues from leagues club handouts, or if they want to use money from outside the salary cap handouts by the NRL. Secures the club for decades to come.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Build it in Belmore.....I don't care about infrastructure transport parking etc....if they want to make it work they can.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Build it in Belmore.....I don't care about infrastructure transport parking etc....if they want to make it work they can.
Then that technically means we lose our spiritual home ground. Everyone loves going there for the nostalgic feeling, it'll lose it's soul

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We should always be Belmore.
And if not let’s go inner west not Liverpool because tigers have taken it so why’s this a thang ?
Disagree here there is no junior development or fan base stronghold in Leichhardt Balmain to bring over.. Newtown Jets still have this area next door and you have a growing population and development near the second airport.. Macarthur through to Moorebank and back to Auburn let's take the lot.. Dogs can be the largest catchment and junior pathways to 1st grade..

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fantastic opportunity let's make it happen! Construction of the stadium precinct and building the future for our clubs next generations of champions and legacy for the community as I mentioned previously. I really would like to be there to witness this moment before I kick the bucket LOL.. Dogs forever ⚪

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What Jedi mind games r u playing.
Having Belmore the way it is and packing it for 1 or 2 rounds while playing in a made to fit stadium at another location makes sense rather than a brand new stadium that will be an engineers nightmare and won't grow the club further.
Like everyone I want the best for our doggies, otherwise we'd end up in the discussion to relocate to a Perth or South New Zealand, etc.
When/if pokies money is limited to the Bulldogs, the club won't be able to grow further unless relying on NRL handouts. Corporate boxes and add in other sports events the Dogs can sell, a quality local stadium managed by Bulldogs can generate them money

Reactions: ATT

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having Belmore the way it is and packing it for 1 or 2 rounds while playing in a made to fit stadium at another location makes sense rather than a brand new stadium that will be an engineers nightmare and won't grow the club further.
Like everyone I want the best for our doggies, otherwise we'd end up in the discussion to relocate to a Perth or South New Zealand, etc.
When/if pokies money is limited to the Bulldogs, the club won't be able to grow further unless relying on NRL handouts. Corporate boxes and add in other sports events the Dogs can sell, a quality local stadium managed by Bulldogs can generate them money
This is about moving to Liverpool where the club has continually been denied access to build, when do we realise, that is never going to happen. The club needs to move as quickly as it can to secure it's home base with some new facilities and this will not denigrate the Spiritual home base Belmore.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is about moving to Liverpool where the club has continually been denied access to build, when do we realise, that is never going to happen. The club needs to move as quickly as it can to secure it's home base with some new facilities and this will not denigrate the Spiritual home base Belmore.
never say never my friend. Persistence is the key.

People in power in local government are always changing. Persistence!

Last edited:

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
never say never my friend. Persistence is the key.

People in power in local government are always changing. Persistence!
100% agree Ladies and Gents. it's growth and solid opportunities that are realised through persistence and being ever ready to take this clubs future and revenue streams off the pokies reliance and back to a more sustainable long term plan.
History and spiritual grounds are important to recognise but they won't secure the revenue needed to build our clubs business and community support programs for the generations coming after us. Like I said prior I love Belmore and the memories however we need not be selfish and think only of ourselves and more about the generations to come and positioning us in the one of next big cities of the wider Sydney Basin makes so much sense. Penrith Parramatta Liverpool will be those 3 Cities so here we want to be positioned to make our claim and be a powerful club for generations to come.
Look at the Junior program which shows how we positioned aswell.. I'd love to see us take some of Parra and West's junior nursery and stretch out to Penrith accordingly.
1680300652609.png

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% agree Ladies and Gents. it's growth and solid opportunities that are realised through persistence and being ever ready to take this clubs future and revenue streams off the pokies reliance and back to a more sustainable long term plan.
History and spiritual grounds are important to recognise but they won't secure the revenue needed to build our clubs business and community support programs for the generations coming after us. Like I said prior I love Belmore and the memories however we need not be selfish and think only of ourselves and more about the generations to come and positioning us in the one of next big cities of the wider Sydney Basin makes so much sense. Penrith Parramatta Liverpool will be those 3 Cities so here we want to be positioned to make our claim and be a powerful club for generations to come.
Well you go support Penrith Parramatta and Liverpool mate.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well you go support Penrith Parramatta and Liverpool mate.
The whole argument is based on a fraud. It comes down to elite talent scouting and coaching.

We expand our area doesn’t mean squat. Tigers are the identity crisis club, covering territory that has nothing to do with their club.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hang on how does playing at Belmore not benefit us?

Against Tigpies I saw thousands of Bulldog fans spending at local businesses, pubs, restaurants, cafes, the league club of course before and after the game.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hang on how does playing at Belmore not benefit us?

Against Tigpies I saw thousands of Bulldog fans spending at local businesses, pubs, restaurants, cafes, the league club of course before and after the game.
Nice story..but I wouldn't see this as sustainable long term revenue for the Club sir. It's a flash of spending on the day.. What I referred to is ongoing daily revenue to the club through the assets they will control. International and other entertainment programs can be staged at our new facilities along with accommodation and local hospitality.Not to mention corporate sponsorship and other options to grow. It's a big move and certainly an emotional one for many. Belmore should always have a couple games a year but it's definitely not the future for the club.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice story..but I wouldn't see this as sustainable long term revenue for the Club sir. It's a flash of spending on the day.. What I referred to is ongoing daily revenue to the club through the assets they will control. International and other entertainment programs can be staged at our new facilities along with accommodation and local hospitality.Not to mention corporate sponsorship and other options to grow. It's a big move and certainly an emotional one for many. Belmore should always have a couple games a year but it's definitely not the future for the club.
The clubs finances have done ok without your detailed financial guidance so far.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Seems the outer edges of Sydney are the only place for things like this as the popular parts of Sydney are now way too dense and have no land that's at decent prices (or even large enough) available.

Upgrading current stadiums would be nice that are suburban though it comes down who owns them, politics and if the development/extra traffic would cause issues to the actual people living there.

Belmore when its sold out on game day is a nightmare to drive or move through imagine in other parts of Sydney where more people live lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The reason why the SFS was replaced was because it had concrete cancer and it failed the Public Liability Insurance risk assessment because it had insufficient egress in an emergence (eg fire, terrorism etc). No insurance = no SFS.

I'm OK with Homebush, we just need more people at games, winning will achieve that. Squaring off the lower seating levels so that they are closer to the sidelines would be good though.

Paramatta is where The Scum play, not us. Being narcissistic, public transport is horrible for me, travelling time is longer than game time.

As for Belmore, I honestly believe that there is scope for the clever building of stadium for ~25k+ (not 30k, that maybe too much of a stretch). There was 16.5k there on Sunday and replacing the hill with a 10k seating capacity grandstand would get us close to 25k. Incorporate the corporate facilities in there. A new grandstand in the airspace over the railway line will easily cover the rest. Incorporate parking there, which commuters can use during the week, and extend the railway station with an exit at the ground.

Always a Bulldog
Classic Sydney concrete ey lol, was it the government that owns the stadium by the way?