New Stadium

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We should always be Belmore.
And if not let’s go inner west not Liverpool because tigers have taken it so why’s this a thang ?
What have they done with liverpool uleh? In fact I see bulldogs advertisements around public transport bus shelters etc..

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL FKN Lebo builders and contractors.
The world is full of dodgy people and every nationality has them...
The rot always starts from within...Ask yourself who was in charge of the club then ?
If you research you'll come up with some great names !
STARDOME constructions were our associates and sponsors and meant to be in charge of build the Oasis, until they had a fallout with the club, in revenge they exposed our salary cap breaches in 2002.
By the way they weren't " FKN Lebo builders and contractors " :laughing:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The world is full of dodgy people and every nationality has them...
The rot always starts from within...Ask yourself who was in charge of the club then ?
If you research you'll come up with some great names !
STARDOME constructions were our associates and sponsors and meant to be in charge of build the Oasis, until they had a fallout with the club, in revenge they exposed our salary cap breaches in 2002.
By the way they weren't " FKN Lebo builders and contractors " :laughing:
LOL I was just playing and making fun of my own with the stereotype,

silva

Utility
Reaction score
A redeveloped stadium at belmore is what is needed. We are not the Liverpool bulldogs

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A redeveloped stadium at belmore is what is needed. We are not the Liverpool bulldogs
But we are not the Belmore Dogs either. Belmore is our spiritual home but it does not define us. I remember when our club was nothing more than a shack and Liverpool was nothing but farmland. How times have changed. We must grow our club, we me must expand our territories and influence where ever possible.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think for the future. Liverpool is a city and is part of the south West. We can still play a couple of games in belmore. We're better off playing at Liverpool and have our junior base expanded there and beyond. No purpose of playing in homebush and no growth to the club playing all in Belmore. The future is Liverpool the growth is there and beyond. Belmore will always be our heritage our history but Liverpool is the future and the key the clubs growth in Sydney. More positives than negatives playing there. Best option is Liverpool.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Is there even room in Liverpool to build a stadium that would have adequate car parking space, is away from residential homes, and close to public transport facilities?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
But we are not the Belmore Dogs either. Belmore is our spiritual home but it does not define us. I remember when our club was nothing more than a shack and Liverpool was nothing but farmland. How times have changed. We must grow our club, we me must expand our territories and influence where ever possible.
I’d rather we played out of our spiritual home and we could still expand our junior base and have developments in liverpool. Not to mention Canterbury bankstown could use a jump start and a new stadium would be just that

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Benno not across it ..but is that your attempt at sarcasm sir..
yes but in defence was a 2 am post Belmont a suburb in Newcastle others saying Canterbury race track thought maybe few whiskeys got the racetracks mixed up..

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love belmore and try to get to every game there for the atmosphere and the tradition be it a trial or regular season game.

Problem with playing there is dogs probably have 20-30+ corporate boxes booked out every game at anz. Fair enough these might be for faceless fans but they pay the bills. Unless you have a place with corporate hospitality you won’t get by (you’d probably lose money). It’s all well and good selling 20k tickets at 30 bucks a pop. But you’d be surprised what 20-30 boxes would do for the clubs bottom dollar. At the end of the day it’s why sfs was bulldozed. Not because it was a bad ground. For rugba league it’s the best stadium I have ever been to. Literally sitting front row and looking at the wingers knee caps. It’s because they didn’t have the corporate suites.

It’s why if we ever had a chance at a new specifically built stadium we’d be mad not to jump at it. 30k seater 30-40 corporate suites, roof, leagues club next door. Parking for 5000 cars.

I think the Liverpool site will only ever be a residential development at best, which is a shame because it will rob us of a chance to secure our future like the sharks long term. Not for 10 years.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is there even room in Liverpool to build a stadium that would have adequate car parking space, is away from residential homes, and close to public transport facilities?
Yeah next to the methadone clinic LOL

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem is the Australian Turf Club own it and aren't exactly struggling for money. They've held onto it for this long, I doubt they sell it anytime soon. Plus there are so many residential streets around there that I doubt a massive development would get approved even if they could buy that land.
I know it’s unlikely but outside of what is now the Potts Hill development there arent many other options for potential development sites in the area

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's not Belmore,
IT'S NOT THE BULLDOGS!!!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If it's not Belmore,
IT'S NOT THE BULLDOGS!!!
Great slogan :grinning: Just as good as Bred not bought or Bulldogs born & bred we all know that's false. But it sounds good for memberships and ticket sales....just another throw away line. Since you're so fond of slogans try this one on the Future is here and the future is now!!!

Reminds me of this exert from other people's money.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I love belmore and try to get to every game there for the atmosphere and the tradition be it a trial or regular season game.

Problem with playing there is dogs probably have 20-30+ corporate boxes booked out every game at anz. Fair enough these might be for faceless fans but they pay the bills. Unless you have a place with corporate hospitality you won’t get by (you’d probably lose money). It’s all well and good selling 20k tickets at 30 bucks a pop. But you’d be surprised what 20-30 boxes would do for the clubs bottom dollar. At the end of the day it’s why sfs was bulldozed. Not because it was a bad ground. For rugba league it’s the best stadium I have ever been to. Literally sitting front row and looking at the wingers knee caps. It’s because they didn’t have the corporate suites.

It’s why if we ever had a chance at a new specifically built stadium we’d be mad not to jump at it. 30k seater 30-40 corporate suites, roof, leagues club next door. Parking for 5000 cars.

I think the Liverpool site will only ever be a residential development at best, which is a shame because it will rob us of a chance to secure our future like the sharks long term. Not for 10 years.
The reason why the SFS was replaced was because it had concrete cancer and it failed the Public Liability Insurance risk assessment because it had insufficient egress in an emergence (eg fire, terrorism etc). No insurance = no SFS.

I'm OK with Homebush, we just need more people at games, winning will achieve that. Squaring off the lower seating levels so that they are closer to the sidelines would be good though.

Paramatta is where The Scum play, not us. Being narcissistic, public transport is horrible for me, travelling time is longer than game time.

As for Belmore, I honestly believe that there is scope for the clever building of stadium for ~25k+ (not 30k, that maybe too much of a stretch). There was 16.5k there on Sunday and replacing the hill with a 10k seating capacity grandstand would get us close to 25k. Incorporate the corporate facilities in there. A new grandstand in the airspace over the railway line will easily cover the rest. Incorporate parking there, which commuters can use during the week, and extend the railway station with an exit at the ground.

Always a Bulldog

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great slogan :grinning: Just as good as Bred not bought or Bulldogs born & bred we all know that's false. But it sounds good for memberships and ticket sales....just another throw away line. Since you're so fond of slogans try this one on the Future is here and the future is now!!!

Reminds me of this exert from other people's money.

I'm an old add man from way back...

silva

Utility
Reaction score

They couldn’t rebuild the grandstand and cater for these suites? Surely if they had the funding they could make it work at belmore. Given they have a stronger case for funding in Liverpool. Something like brookvale oval would be perfect imo