Official New Sleeve Sponsor - OnSolar

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The biggest problem with solar companies is their warranty. It's no good if they aren't around in 10 years to live up to it. Also that panels can't be recycled yet & are a big environmental disaster yet to come. Cadmium & lead are harmful to the environment so they need to be dealt with. 26,000 tons of it ended up in landfill in the US alone last year.
Yes it’s not perfect but a rapidly developing industry in terms of better tech and lower cost.
For me so far the pros have outweighed the cons.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes it’s not perfect but a rapidly developing industry in terms of better tech and lower cost.
For me so far the pros have outweighed the cons.
It's a lower cost because of the incentives the Govt. gives, therefore you pay for it in your taxes. So many people have these nice panels on their roof but are now useless because the installer went out of business. What's wrong with nuclear or thermal energy?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well at least the jerseys full again, but fuck me how can our polos look so nice and our jerseys look so shit?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It's a lower cost because of the incentives the Govt. gives, therefore you pay for it in your taxes. So many people have these nice panels on their roof but are now useless because the installer went out of business. What's wrong with nuclear or thermal energy?
No I meant cost in terms of the cost of the tech coming down for producers and installers - not just cost to customers via incentives. Panels today compared to even 10 years ago are night and day in terms of efficiency. Some churn will always exist and people should not be tempted by the lowest cost solution - it’s cheap for a reason.

As for other energy technologies, I think they would’ve been introduced by now if there was significant upside and little downside. I’m not sure of the cost to consumer of say nuclear power but it’s politically fraught - especially after what we saw in Japan.

Might be better to continue the discussion in the solar power thread rather than here :-).

Last edited:

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nuclear costs way more to setup and run, plus there is the Waste from Nuclear, it never breaks down and we will have to be stored in a clean environment forever

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No I meant cost in terms of the cost of the tech coming down for producers and installers - not just cost to customers via incentives. Panels today compared to even 10 years ago are night and day in terms of efficiency. Some churn will always exist and people should not be tempted by the lowest cost solution - it’s cheap for a reason.

As for other energy technologies, I think they would’ve been introduced by now if there was significant upside and little downside. I’m not sure of the cost to consumer of say nuclear power but it’s politically fraught - especially after what we saw in Japan.

Might be better to continue the discussion in the solar power thread rather than here :-).
The immediate simple solution...We should conserve energy, it's shocking how we are still wasting !
It's not the final solution...But we will be amazed by the results !
I agree, back on football :grinning:

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
KIA is a massive curse of a sponsor. As soon as they came on board we dropped down the ladder as did Brisbane.
With a new style Sorrento that looks the goods, hopefully there'll be a different outcome if they come back.

Last edited:

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares it’s money into the footy department I’m sure they paid a pretty penny for the sleeve and they willing to get on board good on them the lumper looks the goods with a full sponsors on board

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The immediate simple solution...We should conserve energy, it's shocking how we are still wasting !
It's not the final solution...But we will be amazed by the results !
I agree, back on football :grinning:
But how do I conserve energy when I want to watch the footy on my waterproof large screen TV whilst sitting in my hot tub with refreshments available at arms length from my outdoor beer fridge?? :tearsofjoy:.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
With a new style Sorrento that looksthe goods hopefully a different outcome if they come back.
With Cotric and later JAC onboard it’s the Stinger not the Sorrento that’s appropriate :-).