New signing

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Waddell was an edge 2nd rower coming through but plays in the middle off the bench in the NRL..

I thought he was a good prospect when he started playing FG. But Des has turned him into a robot like most other players. Hopefully Barrett can get Waddell to show more in attack as he can offload and has skills.
That's why I am not complaining. He may go a lot better under Barrett. It's common knowledge that everyone looks stupid under Des.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’ve suffered enough from ex-manly duds, surely we don’t need another.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you consider though the likelihood of say Britt and C. Smith not being retained beyond 2021 it makes a bit more sense? It’s just Baz starting to reshape his roster and there will be more to come.
I have faith in T Baz, so that's why I will try my best not to be negative and be overly critical. We as supporters wanted a change on the coach and we got it so now we owe it to Trent to believe in his vision for this club. Trent knows this could be his last shot at coaching if it fails so for that reason I believe he is being very calculated. I, like most supporters, am just very impatient I guess LOL.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I have faith in T Baz, so that's why I will try my best not to be negative and be overly critical. We as supporters wanted a change on the coach and we got it so now we owe it to Trent to believe in his vision for this club. Trent knows this could be his last shot at coaching if it fails so for that reason I believe he is being very calculated. I, like most supporters, am just very impatient I guess LOL.
Good comment mate. Baz won’t be able to get his ideal roster knocked into shape until 2022 but at least there’s some movement at the station for next year. Same story Madge had at the Tigers. Very hard to always get right. This time last year I doubt too many would’ve disputed extending DWZ not knowing the very ordinary year he’d have this year - but hopefully some of those stories improve under the new coaching regime.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
My real concern is the length of this contract, three seasons is craziness in the current climate considering we are looking to rebuild. Signing players like this long term when we already have plodders like Britt and Stimson is baffling.
Sometimes it is a way to offer less $ but offer the player more job security. And is also less of a risk to the club if that is the case.

Last edited: