New rule changes - How will it affect our team?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
We are just going to get confused and troubled out there.

I do think JMK will like it though

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
All I know is it seemed Parramatta had far more possession than any team normally would. Turns out they had 49 sets!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think it’ll help us marginally in attack but catastrophically cripple us in defense.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can anyone find how many tackle re starts there was last night? I can’t find it listed anywhere on the normal stat sites.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How will it help us?

It won't. We fucked.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having just the one ref at least means we don't have two guys with different interpretations of the same rules. I was getting tired of watching sides get away with holding down and similar infringements at one end of the field, while we were penalised at the opposite end.

The speed of the game will go against us, as we seem to be the least fit team in the NRL. I expect most teams will pile on the points in the final 10 minutes of the first half, and the final 20 minutes of the second half - much as they've been doing the past three seasons.
I'm sure that this 6 again rule, will result in a lot more score blowouts, I just makes me hate the NRL more, and will only further damage the game.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I actually liked it last night, anything that stops the players from intentionally giving away penalty after penalty on their own try line causing the opposition to take 40 seconds to finally decide what to do next is a win.

I liked being back to one ref too. Like the old days where there wasn't enough time to whinge as the play was continuing. Anything that shuts up the blokes like Gutho is a huge win in my books. No time for replays either showing incorrect ref calls, no time, move on and play to the whistle. The things I hated about two refs was that it had two different interpretations on the game depending on who was reffing at the time. Now it's back to one guys interpretation on the game which is more fair. Game seemed better last night as the ref wasn't noticed, the way it should be!

The new rules should benefit the fitter teams and reward players with big engines. If we're (by that I mean Pay) smart we actually do have the players to take advantage of this. The faster the game the better it is and can negate the team's running around with huge dude's. As an example, Haas did nothing last night. He does fall out of games previously but there's no-where to hide for big blokes who aren't fit under these new rules. Smaller teams can exploit this.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
As an example, Haas did nothing last night. He does fall out of games previously but there's no-where to hide for big blokes who aren't fit under these new rules. Smaller teams can exploit this.
Haas played 80 mins made 196m and made 49 tackles.......

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not there to make that many tackles, suppose to be a big body making impact. They got flogged.
The team got flogged but Haas didn't do nothing. He still makes a impact with a huge work rate.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I actually liked it last night, anything that stops the players from intentionally giving away penalty after penalty on their own try line causing the opposition to take 40 seconds to finally decide what to do next is a win.

I liked being back to one ref too. Like the old days where there wasn't enough time to whinge as the play was continuing. Anything that shuts up the blokes like Gutho is a huge win in my books. No time for replays either showing incorrect ref calls, no time, move on and play to the whistle. The things I hated about two refs was that it had two different interpretations on the game depending on who was reffing at the time. Now it's back to one guys interpretation on the game which is more fair. Game seemed better last night as the ref wasn't noticed, the way it should be!

The new rules should benefit the fitter teams and reward players with big engines. If we're (by that I mean Pay) smart we actually do have the players to take advantage of this. The faster the game the better it is and can negate the team's running around with huge dude's. As an example, Haas did nothing last night. He does fall out of games previously but there's no-where to hide for big blokes who aren't fit under these new rules. Smaller teams can exploit this.
Haas did nothing? Lol wut? Just checked stats to verify and....

80 minutes
18 runs for 196m
97 pc metres
4 tackle breaks
3 offloads
49 tackles
1 missed tackle

Haas was easily the best forward for the Broncos, why Seibold continues to play a 20 year old prop the size of him for 80 minutes while rotating and winger is absolutely baffling. I really hope our forwards do nothing like him lol.

Anyway I don't see how any of the changes will benefit us, a so called big engine is irrelevant when you can only play at one pace and that's slow....Elliott, To'omaga and RFM are probably the three forwards most suited to the game.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Haas did nothing? Lol wut? Just checked stats to verify and....

80 minutes
18 runs for 196m
97 pc metres
4 tackle breaks
3 offloads
49 tackles
1 missed tackle

Haas was easily the best forward for the Broncos, why Seibold continues to play a 20 year old prop the size of him for 80 minutes while rotating and winger is absolutely baffling. I really hope our forwards do nothing like him lol.

Anyway I don't see how any of the changes will benefit us, a so called big engine is irrelevant when you can only play at one pace and that's slow....Elliott, To'omaga and RFM are probably the three forwards most suited to the game.
Ahh stats, the weapon for not feeling the game. The bloke is a big body prop who should be played with targeted minutes and causing maximum impact. There is no way that your impact Prop should be making 49 tackles in a game and if he does then that's taking energy away from his runs. Should be playing no where near 80 minutes either! Other than the tackles those should be his stats for 60 (max) minutes of game time. The Broncs got dominated and flogged and I only recall one time in the second half when they were giving a little bit back with regards to making metres with their forwards.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ahh stats, the weapon for not feeling the game. The bloke is a big body prop who should be played with targeted minutes and causing maximum impact. There is no way that your impact Prop should be making 49 tackles in a game and if he does then that's taking energy away from his runs. Should be playing no where near 80 minutes either! Other than the tackles those should be his stats for 60 (max) minutes of game time. The Broncs got dominated and flogged and I only recall one time in the second half when they were giving a little bit back with regards to making metres with their forwards.
Is it his fault he played 80 minutes? His fault he had to make 49 tackles? Lol no. I don't agree that he should be playing 80, but 60 odd minutes is more than possible with his motor.

Yes stats aren't everything but they only confirmed what my eyes told me and that was that he was still pretty fucking good.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If that's how you want to use your prop. Won't see out the season!
He played big minutes in 21 games last year averaging 35 tackles and 185 metres so it doesn't seem to effect him too much.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He played big minutes in 21 games last year averaging 35 tackles and 185 metres so it doesn't seem to effect him too much.
Stats again. What I am saying is he is not there to make 35 to 49 tackles per game. Let the mobile back rowers and lock do that. That's way too many times for a bloke of that size to be getting up and down off the deck. Clearly he has a massive motor and a huge heart for continuing to motor on. He is not there for this role. His role is a massive body to play targeted minutes causing maximum damage running into the defensive line and getting his team moving forward, every extra tackle he has to make and every minute too long on the field diminishes the impact he could make if played properly. A props job has never been to play that way in our game. The Bronc's had no forward momentum and that IS his job (and the rest of the forward pack). No way he plays the whole season playing those stats per game, no way! They will break him before the end of the season and then what if their near the finals?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Is it his fault he played 80 minutes? His fault he had to make 49 tackles? Lol no. I don't agree that he should be playing 80, but 60 odd minutes is more than possible with his motor.

Yes stats aren't everything but they only confirmed what my eyes told me and that was that he was still pretty fucking good.
Nope not his fault at all, you play to what the coach wants. Why he would be left on the entire game is just bad coaching pure and simple. His workload and workrate is testament to his ability and heart. In the hands of a better coach he would be amazing. He will get broken being used this way and if it continues it would shorten his career and legacy. He's not being played as a prop, he's being used as a mobile back rower and he's too big for that. Targeted high energy impact is what he should be doing and providing forward momentum for the team. They lacked that last night, he was played wrong!