New recruit Nick Meaney can help lead Bulldogs to bright future

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont really understand how monty got picked in front of him for 1.5 season
Monty will kill it this year. He will be a surpruse trust me. He is looking super fit and focused.

Sue

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good luck to all of our new recruits

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you know this?
just have a weird feeling. he was bloody atrocious this year. can't be any worse next year. plus, he is quite an athletic and tall person. don't forget josh morris once said Montoya will be the next big thing at the dogs. surely there is more to see in him

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
just have a weird feeling. he was bloody atrocious this year. can't be any worse next year. plus, he is quite an athletic and tall person. don't forget josh morris once said Montoya will be the next big thing at the dogs. surely there is more to see in him
I tend to agree. Monty was always hard on himself as a player. I recall him being really angry at a poor game the other year. Next game he came out firing.

But last year he was poor before he got injured and ended his season.

Hope he bounces back, and hopefully the defensive issues were down to Hoppa not having played centre in years.

If he can fire we actually have a decent backline for 2019.

1. Hoppa/Meaney
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. Montoya ?!?
5. Crichton

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Monty will kill it this year. He will be a surpruse trust me. He is looking super fit and focused.
Montoya is a very good footballer. He had a bad year but it was mainly because of playing outside Hopoate and having to tackle for them both.
Sadly he was injured and Hopoate moved from centre. The defence on that side improved a lot after Hopoate was moved.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The thing that worries me about Montoya is that he is average at everything without being great at anything, he has decent pace but won't run anyone down anytime soon, he is good at defusing bombs but won't leap up and catch any on the offensive side, he is a good finisher but I have seen him bomb a try or two that a more acrobatic winger would've scored, he also doesn't contribute anything coming out of our own end.

I really like Montoya though especially as he is a Bulldogs junior and seems like a top bloke but if he wants to have a long career in first grade then he has to improve certain aspects of his game, maybe develop his dummy half running game from our own end and make sure his defence is up to scratch, we don't need a team of superstars but if we can get all the players playing as part of a system then he we will good well.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling this might be the last season u will ever see monty playing in a first grade team for anyone ever again ! Hope not but thats what my football knowledge is telling me. Never win big games consistently with a slow small winger that still cant read the game or a simple kick in behind. Hopeless.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montoya is a very good footballer. He had a bad year but it was mainly because of playing outside Hopoate and having to tackle for them both.
Sadly he was injured and Hopoate moved from centre. The defence on that side improved a lot after Hopoate was moved.
Hopoate was a gun on the right edge for manly. Had no problem defending there alongside another decent player. Cant blame hoppa for montoya not being able to run or read a fucking kick. Monty is shit no matter what poor bastard was stuck next to him. If he cant turn himself into a handy back up centre. He will beee ggggooooooooooooooooonnne !

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I tend to agree. Monty was always hard on himself as a player. I recall him being really angry at a poor game the other year. Next game he came out firing.

But last year he was poor before he got injured and ended his season.

Hope he bounces back, and hopefully the defensive issues were down to Hoppa not having played centre in years.

If he can fire we actually have a decent backline for 2019.

1. Hoppa/Meaney
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. Montoya ?!?
5. Crichton
Unless Montoya gains a step, palm and can break the line he'll be nothing more than a fill in.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is Montoya a lightweight and slow? I don’t get it...
He isn’t a lightweight. He’s actually sizeable, he’s also not slow, he’s just not quick and I don’t believe he has the football smarts. Was just another bloke who had a few good seasons in ISP and got promoted. Nothing fantastic about him. Won’t break a game wide open for us. A bit like Ken Sio was for Newcastle. Decent back up option to cover for injuries etc.

Last edited:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He isn’t a lightweight. He’s actually sizeable, he’s also not slow, he’s just not quick and I don’t believe he had the football smarts. Was just another bloke who had a few good seasons in ISP and got promoted. Nothing fantastic about him. Won’t break a game wide open for us. A bit like Ken Sio was for Newcastle. Decent back up option to cover for injuries etc.
He is a lightweight, he gets dominated... he’s light and weak. Cant make it over the advantage line, 0 post contact metres.

And cmon man... his turning circle, his acceleration, his top speed are all below average for a winger.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hopoate was a gun on the right edge for manly. Had no problem defending there alongside another decent player. Cant blame hoppa for montoya not being able to run or read a fucking kick. Monty is shit no matter what poor bastard was stuck next to him. If he cant turn himself into a handy back up centre. He will beee ggggooooooooooooooooonnne !
He never played there for Manly.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is a lightweight, he gets dominated... he’s light and weak. Cant make it over the advantage line, 0 post contact metres.

And cmon man... his turning circle, his acceleration, his top speed are all below average for a winger.
he’s the heaviest outside back we have. He’s also not short. I agree with everything else you said though.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
he’s the heaviest outside back we have. He’s also not short. I agree with everything else you said though.
I know he’s not short but he’s a twig mate. Don’t believe the website stats..

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really hope Wakeham has a great year in ISP. Sounds promising. If he starts carving up ISP at such a young age then we may have found our no.7 for the future.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really hope Wakeham has a great year in ISP. Sounds promising. If he starts carving up ISP at such a young age then we may have found our no.7 for the future.
Great timing if it plays out if forans contract nears to an end

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn't we already have the next big thing, but he took off to England?? Can't remember his name, think from campbelltown region. We don't have much luck in this category