New Player Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back to Back

Waterboy
Reaction score
Heard a rumour that we are going for some Parra lower graders and a Wests lower grade.All have pretty big wraps on them.Has anyone heard this.It is with a view to possibly losing some players.I think Maitua,Grimaldi and Hughes are off contract with the other big 4.

Feleti Mateo - Parra centre/Five Eighth
Jack Afamagasa - Parra backrow ?
Robbie Farah - Wests hooker

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard or Robbie Farrah but neither of the other two.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
interesting rumors.. it'd be good to have farrah at the club.

MSeLmAgIc

*Mutha Function*
Reaction score
Can we afford these players? Or is this after we negotiate with anasta and mason?

A

atomic_crimson

maitua aint off contract til next yr.. grimmers will retire...

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They wouldnt cost jack****, plus they wouldnt be in the top25 so they wouldnt count against the cap

midas

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Feleti Mateo was the junior Kangaroo five-eighth i think...

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
cool we can sign Feleti Mateo so he can basiclly stay PL,
Robbie Farah wouldnt get much of a chance,
and Jack Afamasaga would end up stayin in PL.

Where did u hear this rumour B2B?

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we should sign the flegg fullback for balmain ryde eastwood

he is a gun player

>iTs A dOgG LyF<

.aka. DoG4LyFe
Reaction score
if we did sign Robbie Farah he would be threatening to be in out 1st grade side, if there is rumours of him coming to the dogs then this could mean that either perry or hughes will not remain with the dogs & i would rather Farah then the other two.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think if we were going to sign Mateo we would of signed him in 2003 when he was off-contract the first time around?

I don't think Farrah would want to leave the Tigers. It's not even June 30 yet, so I'm not sure how these rumours have surfaced to be honest. Hooker wise, we have Darren Brown coming through flegg, and Marty Mitchell - who will be hard to keep out of first grade in 2006.

I would welcome Ryan O'Hara or Luke Bailey. They'd slot nicely on the bench. Both of those are off-contract, and should we lose Mason we should make a serious bid for one of these two.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Corey Hughes, Adam Perry, Brett Oliver and Tony Grimaldi - are all capable of playing hooker and are all off-contract this year.

>iTs A dOgG LyF<

.aka. DoG4LyFe
Reaction score
O Hara's a CAT, Bailey for sure & if Mason leaves we could have:

8)O Meley
9)Perry
10)Bailey
11)Asotasi
12)Ryan
13)Sonny Bill

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
O'Hara is a good player, and would cause some damage coming on after 20 minutes. He is a bulldogs junior, and Turvey regrets letting him go in the first place. Bailey is also very good, but I wouldn't be too keen on paying him alot of money, because of his previous run with injuries.

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
Farah is a top prospect!!...My Tigers mates have been raving about him for a couple of years now!...And whilst I have not really seen him play that I can remember - I really trust tsome of these mates' opinions on footy players - And apparently only injuries have stopped him cementing a place in the Tiggers team in recent seasons...I was already interested to see how he'd go off the bench against us on Sunday...now I'm even MORE interested!

Afamasaga - from what I've seen of him - is more of an athete type player...rather than having a pure clever football brain...but who knows - under the right tutelage, he could develop into something?...He'd certaily be learning from some of the best backrowers ANYWHERE in Ryan, Williams & co if he came...amd at least he's young & keen!

As for O'Hara - well we've already had him at the club, so i suppose the link there may be where the rumour comes from...but I personally don't think all that much of him...just a slightly above avgerage footy player in my eyes.

And Bailey - whilst a VERY good player, no doubt - has major injury baggage...can do without his undoubtedly sky-high wage asking price too...so again - just personally - I'd have to say, no thanks...no value for money there.

Supremacy

Maz's Superman
Reaction score
What about letting go of anasta, hughes, perry, and grimaldi, keep mason and sign Michael sullivan when he goes off contract to play hooker and Danny McGuire from leeds to play as 5/8th

keep oliver for that extra strike power or bring up isaac kaufman (spelling?) put him on the bench, with the other regular benchers and we'll have quite some team.

Picture this:

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Jamaal Lolesi
4. Willie Tonga
5. Matt Utai
6. Danny Mcguire
7. Brent Sherwin...
8. O' Mealey
9. Michael Sullivan

and the rest

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
McGuire signed a 5yr deal with Leeds

Buy Lafeta Paaleasina (i dunno if his 1st name starts with an I or L)
When does his contract end with the Warriors?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
if we wanted sullivan we would of made a bid for him last year. He won't change clubs unless he gets a gig at halfback. Well that was what was going around. McGuire is coming off contract in what 3 years? So is Sullivan.

Why would someone from the ESL come and play in the NRL is beyond me.

Releasing Anasta to get McGuire is the most irrational idea I have ever heard.

Keep Anasta, Mason, Lolesi, and Williams is what we should be saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.