New Newspaper becomes the butt of every joke.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
For many in the town of Uranus, Missouri, the title of the town’s new newspaper is taking some time to digest.

This week publishers announced the launch of the Uranus Examiner, a new local paper in Pulaski County in the southern US state. It quickly became the butt of controversy, flushing out critics who wasted no time attacking the new title.

According to local media reports, the town’s mayor, Luge Hardman, threatened to boycott the paper after its launch.

“No. I’m sorry. But the innuendo of that title puts my city up for public ridicule, and I will not be a part of it,” Hardman was quoted as saying.

A rival news publisher, Darrell Todd Maurina, also found the name hard to stomach, saying it “does not indicate a serious newspaper”.

Despite straining relations with local authorities, the paper’s managing editor, Natalie Sanders, believed the name had a ring to it.

“We had thought about constitution, but most of the people who love us, and who were part of coming up with the name, liked the examiner better,” Sanders reportedly said.

It was unclear if other titles – such as the Uranus Express, Bugle or Mirror – were considered.

The paper – which will be published weekly – replaces the defunct Waynesville Daily Guide, and will ensure a paper of record can continue to investigate local issues in Uranus.

“It’s a weekly. It’ll come out, we’re thinking Thursdays, although the production schedule isn’t set yet because we just decided this and we’re still working out the kinks,” Sanders told local media.

Located about five miles from the city of Waynesville – which has a website containing warnings about the release of natural gas – Uranus has become known less as a town than a series of extended puns.Its tourism website states that “there’s a lot to do in and around Uranus”, and local sites include a fudge factory and a competitive axe-throwing facility called the Axehole.

In 2017 the St Louis Post-Dispatch described Uranus as “a strip mall gone delightfully, disgustingly wrong – or right”.

The first issue of the paper is expected to be printed near the end of October, with distribution of about 15,000.

@Wahesh @south of heaven @Ted Nü-Djent @ASSASSIN @Bad Billy @Hacky McAxe

Totally legit place and article... from The Guardian :D

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I only get my news from Buzzfeed...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fun fact: Uranus is home to the world's largest belt buckle.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Perhaps they can look to Austria or some sort of sister city arrangement

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s not all, they have 2 mining companies called Uranus drilling, and exploding Uranus, a piledriving company called piledriving Uranus and a bearing and lubricants company called lubing Uranus.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bet it makes for good toilet paper.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
For many in the town of Uranus, Missouri, the title of the town’s new newspaper is taking some time to digest.

This week publishers announced the launch of the Uranus Examiner, a new local paper in Pulaski County in the southern US state. It quickly became the butt of controversy, flushing out critics who wasted no time attacking the new title.

According to local media reports, the town’s mayor, Luge Hardman, threatened to boycott the paper after its launch.

“No. I’m sorry. But the innuendo of that title puts my city up for public ridicule, and I will not be a part of it,” Hardman was quoted as saying.

A rival news publisher, Darrell Todd Maurina, also found the name hard to stomach, saying it “does not indicate a serious newspaper”.

Despite straining relations with local authorities, the paper’s managing editor, Natalie Sanders, believed the name had a ring to it.

“We had thought about constitution, but most of the people who love us, and who were part of coming up with the name, liked the examiner better,” Sanders reportedly said.

It was unclear if other titles – such as the Uranus Express, Bugle or Mirror – were considered.

The paper – which will be published weekly – replaces the defunct Waynesville Daily Guide, and will ensure a paper of record can continue to investigate local issues in Uranus.

“It’s a weekly. It’ll come out, we’re thinking Thursdays, although the production schedule isn’t set yet because we just decided this and we’re still working out the kinks,” Sanders told local media.

Located about five miles from the city of Waynesville – which has a website containing warnings about the release of natural gas – Uranus has become known less as a town than a series of extended puns.Its tourism website states that “there’s a lot to do in and around Uranus”, and local sites include a fudge factory and a competitive axe-throwing facility called the Axehole.

In 2017 the St Louis Post-Dispatch described Uranus as “a strip mall gone delightfully, disgustingly wrong – or right”.

The first issue of the paper is expected to be printed near the end of October, with distribution of about 15,000.

@Wahesh @south of heaven @Ted Nü-Djent @ASSASSIN @Bad Billy @Hacky McAxe

Totally legit place and article... from The Guardian :D

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Do they have a gun range? If so that means "you can go shoot in Uranus".

I wonder if thats the birthplace of David Holland.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The name would do well over here and there would be truth in it as well. Your Anus delivers the Tellacrap.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At least he's not creeping in your shed...

haha, nice joke but the name is a muslim name and the photo is of a sikh so definitely a troll account but don't let the truth get in the way of a good laugh.