New Gold Coast Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Utai Slam
Reaction score
The news is that the Gold Coast are not allowed to use the name "Dolphins' because it clashes with one of the local football teams.
It got me to thinking what the new name and logo could be, well i did a little sketching and designing last night and come up with this rough copy.
What do ya think about the 'Gold Coast Waves' ?

dhn

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
considering some of the dumb suggestions i've heard, it looks good to me
send it up to 'em-they have a site/email feedback address
the queensland a league team had a comp in the paper for a name, and the guy that came up with "roar" got a car [and thats a **** name!]

Reaction score
thats a pretty good idea...but yeah, what would they use for a mascot???

Thats stupid the can't use the Dolphins because of Redcliffe. They should be able to claim full rights to it if they are an NRL franchise, which Redcliffe aren't.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
I never understood why they gave up on the Giants !. They had the stunning black and grey jersey with that great Giant Logo. :grinning:

What about the Gold Coast Meter Maids ?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Gold Coast flippers
Billabong asscracks

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Roflmao @ Gold Coast Waves

T

TheDoggFather1

I dont know why your helping a team that is going to steal Tonga and possibly Lolesi.

Aaron

Utai Slam
Reaction score
The mascot will be the skeggy looking surfer on my logo.
It would be a big muscle suit wearing boardies and thongs. That's what the Gold Coast is all about, beaches and surfing.

jordo

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm from Redcliffe, home of the Dolphins, and I hope they fail in their bid just because they tried to steal our name, we have been around for ages and have a huge history of suppling Nrl players and a Feeder club for stupid roosters,, Tronc, Mogg, Tate, Carlaw, Civenociva, Clayton, Beetson, Murray,Crocker, Frawley and about a million other plyers have donned the red and white and played here on the peninsula. Peolpe here are very proud of our club which is a massive part of the community. Gold Coast have tried too many times and failed, whereas our club has won many awards for its premises and presence in the Qld cup. Let the gold coast rot I reckon :grinning:

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
I'd like to see them named 'The Gold Coast Meter Maids'

...Just to see the cheerleaders!
;)

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The Gold Coast whales will only have 10 supporters in the stands. One of them is Utai Slam, donning a Broncos jersey, waving a 2004 broncos semi finalists flag. Turns up once a year at every Broncos Whales clash.

Status
Not open for further replies.