New Fan from the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBFaninUSA

New Pup
Reaction score
So I got up at 430am to watch State of Origin, now on to my first Bulldogs game. Always been a fan of any football sport, but rugby is my favorite. so Cheers, and GO DOGS!

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So I got up at 430am to watch State of Origin, now on to my first Bulldogs game. Always been a fan of any football sport, but rugby is my favorite. so Cheers, and GO DOGS!
Welcome to the kennel! All the way from USA, good to hear we have a world wide audience.
quick question which sport do you enjoy more NRL or NFL? Always wanted to hear an American opinion on this one.
ps. Rugby is usually referred to as rugby union over here we call NRL (league)

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Welcome bro!

So what's better and more intense/skilled League or the NFL?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because you are overseas you can watch every game live for free here: http://new.livestream.com/nrl, they have all the past games from the season as well so if you dont wanna get up early you can just watch them later.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome mate!! You wouldnt happen to know the other American based kenneller Lov_Dog - I think hes in The Lone Star State.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Welcome to our helmetless sport.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
^ This

It is a prerequisite that you cannot be circumcised in order to play NRL in Australia due to the amended non-discrimination policy of 2012.

Don't know if you knew that, but a bit of handy trivia.

Welcome mate.

CBFaninUSA

New Pup
Reaction score
Cheers, thanks for the all the welcomes. I think league is more skilled, the NFL is based on knowing plays A LOT of plays just for one game and one team, with league you can mix and match and play what comes your way. I guess I won't be playing league because I am circumcised hehe.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheers, thanks for the all the welcomes. I think league is more skilled, the NFL is based on knowing plays A LOT of plays just for one game and one team, with league you can mix and match and play what comes your way. I guess I won't be playing league because I am circumcised hehe.
Welcome to the kennel mate.

And you're allowed those helmets in league as long as it isn't made of any type of metal. ;-)

CBFaninUSA

New Pup
Reaction score
Cheers Owey, yeah I know, all I know is the Maroons might need them @ Origin II

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ps. Rugby is usually referred to as rugby union over here we call NRL (league)
I found that odd coming over here. In the UK, the word "Rugby" is used for both codes, League and Union. If you say Rugby in the south of England, then 95% of the time, people will assume Rugby Union. If you're in Yorkshire/Lancashire/Cheshire, then 90% of the time, people will assume Rugby League. It took me a few weeks of living here and confusing people by referring to the NRL as Rugby before I got with the program. When my dad (who I used to go to games with as a kid) came over, he found it odd how I always called the game Rugby League and not simply Rugby now.

If you noticed early interviews with James Graham from 2012 or so, he'd often refer to himself as a "Rugby player" or sometimes "Rugby erm... Rugby league player". Sam Tomkins was the same in interviews this year.

Bloody Aussies confusing things, eh?

CBFaninUSA

New Pup
Reaction score
I love the Aussies even their language. Other then League I like AFL but that's a horse of another stripes

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I like NFL ... bodily violence mixed with committee meetings.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I found that odd coming over here. In the UK, the word "Rugby" is used for both codes, League and Union. If you say Rugby in the south of England, then 95% of the time, people will assume Rugby Union. If you're in Yorkshire/Lancashire/Cheshire, then 90% of the time, people will assume Rugby League. It took me a few weeks of living here and confusing people by referring to the NRL as Rugby before I got with the program. When my dad (who I used to go to games with as a kid) came over, he found it odd how I always called the game Rugby League and not simply Rugby now.

If you noticed early interviews with James Graham from 2012 or so, he'd often refer to himself as a "Rugby player" or sometimes "Rugby erm... Rugby league player". Sam Tomkins was the same in interviews this year.

Bloody Aussies confusing things, eh?
Haha yea just like we call football soccer!

Status
Not open for further replies.