The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, definitely one for my to get list!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I watched it and I thought... "meh".

Nothing that special, just another average FPS.

Okay so they've introduced tearing limbs off things to try and be "hip and cool", and gory cut up scenes with the chainsaw. But it still looks like a game written 5 years ago.

The weapons seem to lack serious impact too.

Based on what I've seen in that video, its pretty much the same as Bioshock.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
When I look at it as another shooter it's just another shooter. But it's not, it's Doom. It actually looks a lot like Doom and looks like it feels like traditional Doom. As I grew up on Doom and Doom 2 it's major nostalgia for me.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Bring back Commander Keen I say !!!

None of these new fangled FPS that kids play these days. Side Scrollers with CGA graphics is the future I tell you *shakes his zimmer frame*

Actually, guilty admission, but I bought Cosmos Cosmic Adventure off Steam the other day.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bring back Commander Keen I say !!!

None of these new fangled FPS that kids play these days. Side Scrollers with CGA graphics is the future I tell you *shakes his zimmer frame*

Actually, guilty admission, but I bought Cosmos Cosmic Adventure off Steam the other day.
One of my mates asked me how they could make the new Doom good. I said "remove this mouse thing people are using now days. Back to the good old days of keyboard only shooters"

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'll definitely be getting this. Doom was the game that got me into gaming when I was a kid. Looks fun as hell. Whens it get released?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I'll definitely be getting this. Doom was the game that got me into gaming when I was a kid. Looks fun as hell. Whens it get released?
No exact date yet but early 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.