Rumour New Coach Update Bulldogs

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Gus' main target is Payten. 100%.

If it were anyone else we wouldn't be extending Potter for a year and waiting 12 months. We wouldn't need to wait. If Potter was the long term plan we'd be signing him for 2 years or more. He'll likely become an assistant when Payten gets our gig. We might even get Payten early if we announce he's signed for 2024

Where did you get Payten from?

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got in touch with my bulldogs informant regarding our coach moving forward this is what I have
It’s not brad filter.
Also when questioned regarding Cameron ciraldo he said good coach better to stay at Penrith.
Then I hassled him and said surely potter is a look in the decision we would be mad not to keep him as he is blue and white through and through and he replied “potter is doing an excellent job.
Also I’m hearing an announcement in about a week.
Final comment was I think you’ll be pleased.
Ah, Brad Filter, the barista from Bondi.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
An esl coach is the equivalent of a reserve grade coach in the nrl, just like the footy is equivalent of reserve grade here.
It used to be decent, rough and tumble..Now I'd rather watch reserves than ESL.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IT'S OFFICIAL!
Dateline Belmore:
And expectation and excitement were palpable in the Bulldog's kennel when Jack Gibson agreed to terms with Dogs supremo Gus Gould soon after NSW thumping win over QLD last night.
"It will be good to get back in the coaching box an get the team firing on all cylinders" growled the master coach.
Moves are afoot to get none other than the legendary Ted Glosop to take the role of assistant.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It used to be decent, rough and tumble..Now I'd rather watch reserves than ESL.
I've always defending ESL, but over the last 2 seasons it really has dropped off badly. Look at the scores from this round... Disgusting when you have teams like Salford beating other bottom feeder in Wakefield by like 60 points.
This year their is only like 2 good teams in Saints and Wigan.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Mick keeps the team's performances of the past two weeks coming, then whoever it is will be on a hiding to nothing and will surely bow out.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent Robinson had many years involved in the NRL prior to going to the Super League.
He also inherited a Rooster’s sombrero squad to die for. The current day Super League is a class down again from 10 years ago also. Not saying they cannot coach but the Super League is NSW Cup level.
Robinson is no mug. There's not many coaches let alone adults who can go to France to coach and come back fluent in French. He is clearly in the top 3 coaches going around, is a great communicator and his record speaks for itself.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Robinson is no mug. There's not many coaches let alone adults who can go to France to coach and come back fluent in French. He is clearly in the top 3 coaches going around, is a great communicator and his record speaks for itself.
WTF, he played for and coached Toulouse and then moved to Perpignan and his wife is French, no rumpy pumpy if you can't speak the language.

Always a Bulldog

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTF, he played for and coached Toulouse and then moved to Perpignan and his wife is French, no rumpy pumpy if you can't speak the language.

Always a Bulldog
You seriously think the average Aussie footy coach can go to France and do what Robbo did, learn French and come back here and win 3 NRL comps? As if.