Rumour New Coach Update Bulldogs

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Please NO Rookie coaches or Super League coaches. (Who are rookies when it comes to the NRL).It is basically an amateur hour competition over there.

From what I have seen of Potter I’m happy to run with him. Even on a one year deal.

The only two other options I could accept would be Flanagan or Toovey.

The key to whoever gets the gig is the assistant coaching. In particular our strength and conditioning coach. Being fit is the number one requirement for the game. We are simply not as fit as other teams.
Trent Robinson had only coached in the Super League before getting the Roosters gig.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I heard they’re bringing Dean Pay back. Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellamy as assistants

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is an announcement due in the next week or 2, it could well tie in with what Potter said in his last press conference after the Tigers win - saying he will let us know if he will apply for the job in 2 weeks.

That was a week ago.

I don't think Potter will tell us that he is going to apply, before he knows he's got the gig.

Could be that Gus set him some performance targets, not based on the results alone, that may well land him a 12 month extension for 2023.

I'd be happy with that.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent Robinson had only coached in the Super League before getting the Roosters gig.
Trent Robinson had many years involved in the NRL prior to going to the Super League.
He also inherited a Rooster’s sombrero squad to die for. The current day Super League is a class down again from 10 years ago also. Not saying they cannot coach but the Super League is NSW Cup level.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What does dangerous dave holland say?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus' main target is Payten. 100%.

If it were anyone else we wouldn't be extending Potter for a year and waiting 12 months. We wouldn't need to wait. If Potter was the long term plan we'd be signing him for 2 years or more. He'll likely become an assistant when Payten gets our gig. We might even get Payten early if we announce he's signed for 2024

Last edited:

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i’d be happy with todd payten to be honest. given what he’s done with the warriors and cows i think he’d turn us into a top 6 team. prefer him to flanno sr or madge