No Source New coach decided guys/clear out to come

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
It’s been a long time on here everyone… sorry I tend to stay clear from a lot of the negative stuff that gets posted on here…

just an FYI, coach has been decided… from what I’ve been told, and no I don’t know who it is, word is that it’s not anyone surprising, only a select amount of people know…

Also Gould has been working strategically/tirelessly behind the scenes, and there’s a real energy about where he wants our great club positioned in the future… talk of him being selfish and in it for himself etc is just absolute rubbish, there’s no truth to it, he adores the club.

Mood after the Barrett sacking was somber, everyone wanted him to succeed, but the club has pressed forward together, the comradery at board level is very good. asked why club won’t announce new coach… all about timing.

expect big movements very soon, exciting times ahead is what I got told.

anyways, cya!
But..... Dave Holland knows? Is he one of the select few?

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
IIRC we could of used TPJ money for Reynolds.
When TPJ is firing he is the best middle forward in the comp, and he can be firing every week with a decent coach and decent support. If we hope to challenge for a premiership in 2024, 2025, we need him and a few others like him.

If we had signed Reynolds instead of TPJ it might have got us from 16th to 15th this year. Even that is not a lay down because our pack without TPJ gets dominated, and no half in the World looks good behind a badly beaten pack.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Who says we overlooked Reynolds? We didn't have the money in our cap for this year.

There is always some risk attached to player recruitment. Souths probably know Reynolds better than anyone and they didn't think he had 3 good years left in him. Brisbane were desperate so they took the chance. He looks like a week by week proposition and Souths may yet be proved correct.
We could have made it work, money wasn't a massive issue for Reynolds in the short term imo. He just wanted longevity and security for his family, we could have easily backended his contract over 2nd and 3rd or even 4th season to compensate for a slimmer first season, knowing that we had most of our squad off contract. Souths made a massive mistake, imo Illias is shit.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
When TPJ is firing he is the best middle forward in the comp, and he can be firing every week with a decent coach and decent support. If we hope to challenge for a premiership in 2024, 2025, we need him and a few others like him.

If we had signed Reynolds instead of TPJ it might have got us from 16th to 15th this year. Even that is not a lay down because our pack without TPJ gets dominated, and no half in the World looks good behind a badly beaten pack.
Don't get me wrong, now we have him I'm glad we do. Especially if he plays in the middle next to Kiki, Burton and JAC.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What would your view of Don Gustavo be if he picks Shitler?
I think its very easy to criticize someone, especially someone you dont understand. It seems the general consensus on hers is that Fitler is a fruitcake because he made the nsw team walk on the grass with bare feet. Talk about a witch hunt. I worked at a steiner school for 3.5 years, and almost every kid was barefoot every day. So i dont find this so strange, and i dont have an issue with him doing so. But the kennel is the kennel, and people on here love to bitch and moan aboit absolutely everything, and have a tendancy to be over critical for the sake of it. Pack mentality.
This being said, theres no real measure to say how good a coach Fitler is. He has done well with NSW, but thats a different beast. And his first gig coaching NRLol level was a long time ago, and theres a good chance he has learnt a lot since. This doesnt mean he is a good coach, nor a bad one. And to be honest, i am not sure if i want him coaching us. Most likely not. But given how it ended with Baz, i highly doubt Fitler will be appointed by gus. And 8f by some strange choice he is, then gus must have very good reasoning to do so, and i would respect his decision.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think its very easy to criticize someone, especially someone you dont understand. It seems the general consensus on hers is that Fitler is a fruitcake because he made the nsw team walk on the grass with bare feet. Talk about a witch hunt. I worked at a steiner school for 3.5 years, and almost every kid was barefoot every day. So i dont find this so strange, and i dont have an issue with him doing so. But the kennel is the kennel, and people on here love to bitch and moan aboit absolutely everything, and have a tendancy to be over critical for the sake of it. Pack mentality.
This being said, theres no real measure to say how good a coach Fitler is. He has done well with NSW, but thats a different beast. And his first gig coaching NRLol level was a long time ago, and theres a good chance he has learnt a lot since. This doesnt mean he is a good coach, nor a bad one. And to be honest, i am not sure if i want him coaching us. Most likely not. But given how it ended with Baz, i highly doubt Fitler will be appointed by gus. And 8f by some strange choice he is, then gus must have very good reasoning to do so, and i would respect his decision.
I believe the reason we are all sceptical of fittler coaching the dogs. Comes diwn to once bitten twice shy.
We all gave Tbaz the bebefit of doubt. Saying he has learnt from his manly days and will do well. We are hesitant to give fittler the same.

All I ask for is a competant coach. Seems a long time since we have had a coach resemble compatency

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I believe the reason we are all sceptical of fittler coaching the dogs. Comes diwn to once bitten twice shy.
We all gave Tbaz the bebefit of doubt. Saying he has learnt from his manly days and will do well. We are hesitant to give fittler the same.

All I ask for is a competant coach. Seems a long time since we have had a coach resemble compatency
I agree. And this is why i dont think he will be our coach. Gus wont go down this path. Im confident of this.
Baz' problem was he was convinced his style was the way to win, and wouldnt waver. I commend him for this. You have to be committed to what you do or you wont succeed. The fact he fell on his sword actually gives him credibility.
This being said, he is smart enough, and shod have adapted a style our team was capable of. To be fair though, this team is not capable of shit sadly.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I won’t.

@flamebouyant , you remind me of my wife. She is the most unselfish person I know and she see’s good in “everyone”.

It’s a fantastic and an admirable personality trait. Misguided and wrong sometimes, but definitely admirable. As for Fittler you are completely wrong and I am sad that anyone that supports our club would support his appointment.

But, I understand you perspective.

Last edited:

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who says we overlooked Reynolds? We didn't have the money in our cap for this year.

There is always some risk attached to player recruitment. Souths probably know Reynolds better than anyone and they didn't think he had 3 good years left in him. Brisbane were desperate so they took the chance. He looks like a week by week proposition and Souths may yet be proved correct.
It's as much as what he brings to the club away from matchday as he does ON match day.

Reynolds has been like a second coach on the training field, he has changed the way the team plays and instilled confidence.

He has improved players around him.

It's already proven to be successful and I dare say he is the buy of the season.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think where you are mistaken is thinking that domination of forwards comes from 1 or 2 good forwards. It doesn't.
You need the whole team rolling forward in attack to create opportunities and space and you need the whole team (forwards and backs) to tackle effectively in defence.

That should bring you back to a level playing field or give you good field position.

The halfback can then win you the game.

What's the key ingredient? The hooker my friend. And we have been held back on this ppdituon for way too long

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's as much as what he brings to the club away from matchday as he does ON match day.

Reynolds has been like a second coach on the training field, he has changed the way the team plays and instilled confidence.

He has improved players around him.

It's already proven to be successful and I dare say he is the buy of the season.
I think you may be on to something. Back in 2008, 2009, the dogs went from the bottom almost to the top after they signed Brett Kimmorley, and I always thought he was the de facto coach that year.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think where you are mistaken is thinking that domination of forwards comes from 1 or 2 good forwards. It doesn't.
You need the whole team rolling forward in attack to create opportunities and space and you need the whole team (forwards and backs) to tackle effectively in defence.

That should bring you back to a level playing field or give you good field position.

The halfback can then win you the game.

What's the key ingredient? The hooker my friend. And we have been held back on this ppdituon for way too long
The Cowboys are a good example. We were an even match for them in the first round, but they pulled their team together, and turned it into a unit where everyone knows who does what, and when. Everyone plays for each other, and is aware of what is going on around them.

We are as good on paper, but play like a rabble of amateurs.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thats why we get rid of as many players as possible, its past the point of loyalty.