News New Bulldogs recruit Josh Addo-Carr’s Oz tag cameo appearance delights NRL fans

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s an Oztag player’s worst nightmare, the fastest man in rugby league Josh Addo-Carr turning up to play a game in Homebush on a Wednesday night.
Somehow the flyer didn’t scored the ‘783’ tries a fan on social media had predicted, but the new Canterbury recruit told News Corp he scored the most important one – the winning try.

“My uncle plays in that team called the ‘SRSLY BOYS’ with a few of his mates and some young boys. He asked if I wanted to come play Oz tag with them and I just said ‘yeah, sweet. I’ll come down and play with you’.

“We won … and I scored the winning try, just quietly,” Addo-Carr said with a laugh.

“It was my first footy game in around two months so it was good to just get some ks in the legs.

“I hadn’t played Oztag in around five years so it was good to have a run around with everyone and to play with the local kids down there.

Addo-Carr’s Oztag cameo not only delighted his fellow players but NRL fans on social media.

“He would have 783 tries in the first half alone,” Jake Eades posted on Instagram.

Most just couldn’t believe that one of the biggest stars in the NRL had made the effort to show up and spend time playing touch football with the locals.

“Imagine rocking up to play some friendly tag on your Wednesday night and Addo-Carr is in the opposition team,” Zac Wallace wrote.

But Jaiden Cahill asked the question that would have been on the mind of every player in the team opposing Addo-Carr.

“How could you defend the fastest person on the planet?,” he posted.

Oz tag isn’t the only place Addo-Carr has been trying to keep fit ahead of his return to pre-season with new side the Bulldogs on December 7.

The 26-year old has been spotted at a number of gyms across Sydney since arriving from Melbourne to take-up a four-year deal with the Bulldogs.

While he is yet to officially start training, Addo-Carr has been into Belmore to meet his new teammates.

Addo-Carr, a two-time premiership winner, told News Corp there was a sense of urgency to turn the club’s on-field fortunes around and find success after a wooden spoon finish in 2021.

“I’ve been in to meet the boys and coaching staff, there’s a good vibe man,” Addo-Carr said.

“Everyone is training hard and really building to something.

“I came here for a different opportunity and to help grow the team, help the team be successful and help the young fellas coming through. That’s special in itself and I’m ready to rip in with the boys when I start training.

“Hopefully we can give the fans what they want and what they deserve. I know the Bulldogs have struggled in the last couple of years but I’m going to do everything I can to put my best foot forward.

“At the end of the day though, it depends on how bad we want it (to win), and I get the sense everyone wants to win.”

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
would he need clearance from the club for this? hypothetical but what if he tore a hammy etc. good on him but, cant get over his attitude and how positive he is. what an asset he is to our club

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He'd be pretty good at Oztag 8-)

Always a Bulldog

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My first thought also. How was the condition of the ground there? For all we know it could have been another Brookvale
He has let loose now that Bellamy isn't on his back lol

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't mind this, he isn't a cotton wool subject like Turbo or Foran. The man knows what he can do, he probably didn't get out of 2nd gear the whole evening. Fact that he doesn't even have to turn up until the 7th but has been in to Belmore and spent time with the team shows he has got his priorities in a good place. JAC is the kind of player that can lift the whole team with his personality and character, so you want him happy.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guys are overreacting a bit. If we are scared him playing a muck around game of footy (doubt he will be going anywhere near 100%) then why dont we lock him in a padded room and not let him come out until 2hrs before our season opener.

Id be more scared him playing a trial then an Oz Tag match.

Guy is a great ambassador. We should be very proud he is calling the bulldogs home. The amount of fans he will bring in through the gates. The amount of indigenous kids that will have the bulldogs as their second team, the amount of juniors that want to be the next addo carr at the dogs. That will have a knock on effect for years.

This guy is a superstar. And even though he is a winger (no disrespect to wingers) his personality, his charisma, his influence is that of a superstar. Compare him to Nathan Cleary for example, most people will see his arrogance and his demeanour and be turned off by him. Look at JAC on the other hand, his smile, his spirit, guy is a champion. He might not win us a comp, but he will do a lot for us both in the sheds and in the community.

Already done numerous charity things in the community. He has gone in to see the fringe first graders train/spend time at the club. This guy was playing in a Grand Final last month, yet comes in to say hi.

Let him muck around with his Oz Tag, we cant fear that, if so how will he get through pre season training. You keep your stars happy and your club will do well.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone on AISIO's hit list amongst that lot?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Notice he had the rig out again..big slut lol
Now you naysayers don't y'all be worried now, as said just cruised very likely having a run around with some homies.
He is now back in rugby league heartland promoting the game, himself and the Bulldogs, is in the news for all the right reasons.

Last edited:

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s an Oztag player’s worst nightmare, the fastest man in rugby league Josh Addo-Carr turning up to play a game in Homebush on a Wednesday night.
Somehow the flyer didn’t scored the ‘783’ tries a fan on social media had predicted, but the new Canterbury recruit told News Corp he scored the most important one – the winning try.

“My uncle plays in that team called the ‘SRSLY BOYS’ with a few of his mates and some young boys. He asked if I wanted to come play Oz tag with them and I just said ‘yeah, sweet. I’ll come down and play with you’.

“We won … and I scored the winning try, just quietly,” Addo-Carr said with a laugh.

“It was my first footy game in around two months so it was good to just get some ks in the legs.

“I hadn’t played Oztag in around five years so it was good to have a run around with everyone and to play with the local kids down there.

Addo-Carr’s Oztag cameo not only delighted his fellow players but NRL fans on social media.

“He would have 783 tries in the first half alone,” Jake Eades posted on Instagram.

Most just couldn’t believe that one of the biggest stars in the NRL had made the effort to show up and spend time playing touch football with the locals.

“Imagine rocking up to play some friendly tag on your Wednesday night and Addo-Carr is in the opposition team,” Zac Wallace wrote.

But Jaiden Cahill asked the question that would have been on the mind of every player in the team opposing Addo-Carr.

“How could you defend the fastest person on the planet?,” he posted.

Oz tag isn’t the only place Addo-Carr has been trying to keep fit ahead of his return to pre-season with new side the Bulldogs on December 7.

The 26-year old has been spotted at a number of gyms across Sydney since arriving from Melbourne to take-up a four-year deal with the Bulldogs.

While he is yet to officially start training, Addo-Carr has been into Belmore to meet his new teammates.

Addo-Carr, a two-time premiership winner, told News Corp there was a sense of urgency to turn the club’s on-field fortunes around and find success after a wooden spoon finish in 2021.

“I’ve been in to meet the boys and coaching staff, there’s a good vibe man,” Addo-Carr said.

“Everyone is training hard and really building to something.

“I came here for a different opportunity and to help grow the team, help the team be successful and help the young fellas coming through. That’s special in itself and I’m ready to rip in with the boys when I start training.

“Hopefully we can give the fans what they want and what they deserve. I know the Bulldogs have struggled in the last couple of years but I’m going to do everything I can to put my best foot forward.

“At the end of the day though, it depends on how bad we want it (to win), and I get the sense everyone wants to win.”

Love the bloke. He is already is showing me what bulldogs DNA is meant to be.

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My first thought also. How was the condition of the ground there? For all we know it could have been another Brookvale
Plenty of players play Basketball, train on their own, race up the corso etc. Shit can happen any time, obs don’t need to take unnecessary risks but really oztag no different to any other non contact

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t not love the fox, he’s not made of glass like the others lol. It’s algood.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a champion... There is no doubt he is loving time back in Sydney and with the team moving in the right direction he has absolutely no regrets!