New Bosses

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Are all new bosses fucks or is just this one guy that recently took over my work?

first of all they sacked all the previous supervisors and team leaders and replace them with new people so literally all of the people who are supposed to run the place don't know anything, its total chaos like they want to change everything as if to improve it and then change it again a week later

but an improvement that was really offensive was an idea that people in my role should be doing twice as much work as previous which is confusing because the only possible way to do it is if im in 2 places at once, that led to everyone on day shift quitting and meaning even more work for the rodzilla ffs

the good thing to come out of it is that I probably have gained more experience in the last month than in the 2 years previous because im moving around the warehouse like im spiderman having a hand in everything

but im going to quit tbh

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw when I said sacked I meant they offered them a normal reduced role which they all didn't take

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are all new bosses fucks or is just this one guy that recently took over my work?

first of all they sacked all the previous supervisors and team leaders and replace them with new people so literally all of the people who are supposed to run the place don't know anything, its total chaos like they want to change everything as if to improve it and then change it again a week later

but an improvement that was really offensive was an idea that people in my role should be doing twice as much work as previous which is confusing because the only possible way to do it is if im in 2 places at once, that led to everyone on day shift quitting and meaning even more work for the rodzilla ffs

the good thing to come out of it is that I probably have gained more experience in the last month than in the 2 years previous because im moving around the warehouse like im spiderman having a hand in everything

but im going to quit tbh
Most new bosses are. I just left my job because they were taken over by a different company. It is at a formerly council owned nursing home. The new manager that came in put the biggest ass lickers into positions they didn't earn by any other virtue than that they do well with rimming. Meanwhile staff numbers got cut and the number of residents has gone up by nearly 25%.

It's sad that the place went from being a happy workplace to somewhere that workers feel paranoid about losing jobs in a month. Sadder still that the residents don't get the same level of attention.

From my side of things (cleaning and kitchen hand) I had to jump from cleaning 22 up to 32 rooms per week over three weeks as they bought in residents from all over the place. Tried to chat with the new manager about it and was told to work harder or find a different job since I was not getting an increase in hours. I finished there on Thursday.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It's a common knowledge that new management anywhere to be as smart as this donkey...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A new boss is usually brought in because the company is performing well below expectation. That means the new boss needs to something drastic.

Sometimes the boss will work with what they have, other times they'll restructure everything.

Sometimes it's 'cause a restructure is needed. Other times it's' cause they're not a very good boss and they just want to look like they're doing something.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
A true story, a new boss took over the company and had 3 envelopes left for him labelled 1, 2, 3. The previous boss told this guy that everytime a catastrophe occurs, open the envelopes, 1 per catastrophe, in numerical order.

Catastrophe 1 - Envelope 1 - blame the previous board

Catastrophe 2 - Envelope 2 - restructure

Catastrophe 3 - Envelope 3 - resign

It's amazing how poetic these envelopes reflect current patterns.