Negotiations update

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you said it's unlikely Burton will be coming until 22 - is that because Burton wants to see out his contract or is it because Penrith wont release him early?
Because the Panthers won't release him early I believe but that was reported in the papers. My source just confirmed he was unlikely for 2021 but I didn't ask him why. Would only happen if the Panthers changed their mind. Could happen if they win the comp and have to upgrade a number of players. If they can afford to though I'm sure they'd love to hang onto Burton in case their current halves get injured any time next year.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thank you Caveman. Will do.

I forgot to add before.

NRL CEO (Abdo) is trying to get friendly with Craig Laundy - to use his political connections.

Arthur Laundy is waiting to see who the new Dogs board members are before he signs the official sponsorship agreement. The new Chair has told him this may take a few weeks. Garry Hughes is unlikely. They want more business people instead of ex players (Good). AL had dinner with and is fine with the current 4 directors. If any of the new directors though prevent him from being able to speak to players (current and prospective) he'll likely walk.

I guess Andrew Hill is doing a bit of juggling keeping AL happy and other existing sponsors onside at the same time although most probably don't want or expect such access to the players.

If Arthur can offer something to Matt Burton and other players we're chasing that the Panthers / other clubs can't (to help them with life after footy) then that's a huge advantage to us. Good on him.

"Anyone" helping our cause is greatly appreciated. Someone with $830M in the bank certainly gets attention.
We can't lose control...
Never forget...Fire can warm or burn you
If the Laundys have good intentions they will work with the club, I am all for it
If they are power hungry mob...We will pay dearly !
We are still paying for the Hasler disaster...
He totally abused the power we granted him
We can't make the same mistake again !!!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because the Panthers won't release him early I believe but that was reported in the papers. My source just confirmed he was unlikely for 2021 but I didn't ask him why. Would only happen if the Panthers changed their mind. Could happen if they win the comp and have to upgrade a number of players. If they can afford to though I'm sure they'd love to hang onto Burton in case their current halves get injured any time next year.
Let's hope they win the comp then I say!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
His name is Daryl Clark yeah?

I heard "Clark" is a Polish surname with quite a rich heritage.
It isnt Polish, its english.

Clark evolved from "clerk". First records of the name are found in 12th-century England. The name has many variants.

Mosat english names are like this.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Wonder what everyone thinks of jake Granville,he’s available,still has a few years left in him,and would come at half the price,of others mentioned on here,
We tried last year, but we insulted him and his manager with a ridiculous offer, and he wanted 70k more, and still wasnt asking much.

i dont know monetary details, the good oil here doesnt extend that far, but im guessing he was asking for 250 and we offered 180

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'd love to say but if it gets back I risk not getting further updates in future. If we want to get further updates before they hit the media you'll just have to trust me sorry. Source is personally involved in player negotiations and is 100% telling me the truth I assure you.
Thanks for passing on the info bro.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
said it before but id love to push Hoppa for a JAC swap. i think a deal can be done, they need centres, we need black pace. Hoppa still considered a good player.

@bradtalo as it sounds like your insider has actual influence, as opposed to my 'fly on the wall' guy/s, are you able to suggest that idea?

any freight can be offset by just securing takairangi for a year.