Negative emotion & not being realistic

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We don’t need latrell Mitchell.he isn’t worth that sort of money and I can see him going off the rails in a couple of years time.lets go after ponga!!
People say we the BULLDOGS need some big names and that will help us get more high caliber payers following. Very SIMILAR to Newcastle a few years back. They were at the bottom for 4 years. Now they are looking like a top 6 team.
The Bulldogs might only be on the bottom for 2 or 3 years. Which is actually better result. You all forget NATHAN BROWN has been coach of Newcastle during that rebuilding period. So that suggests any coach with a good roster can get a team to fire.
I still believe its not DEAN PAYs fault the he is not winning games currently
You all forget during last year he let half of the team go to start the salary cap clean up. Yet most say he is shit. Yeah might appear like that but take the emotion out of it and it is just a period that if he is allowed to prove his ability as a NRL COACH once he has a decent roster.
At the moment we have a reserve grade team on paper playing in the NRL.

This is not a top 8 team on paper and under preforming.
Yet most want to blame PAY. WHEN we all know it a wooden spoon team. Not because of DEAN PAY but the roster which he inherited.

Look at ARTHUR at the eels. He has a finals team on paper last 4 years. Yet he has got 2 wooden spoons. Thats a shit coach.

Most have said 2 years ago that it will take until 2021 for us to field a decent team.

Then why continue to make it feel like that we have at the moment a top 4 team that is coming last and saying its all because of PAY

Then most say we need marquee signings.
Latrell Mitchell name floating around and again some complaining money is too much or contract length is too long.
Or he will be shit in 2 years.

Come on its probably the best thing for the bulldogs if they could get him to BELMORE.

HIS Talent alone is enough. Who cares how long his contract is or how much money.

We are supporters and just want the best possible team. Let someone else worry about money and contracts.
Everyone thinks they are accountant's and player managers

My main message here is that it appears that NOTHING WILL Make anyone happy and there will always be negativity in this forum. As it is more FUN to complain and a more of a thrill to voice an alternate opinion then to agree and be happy with the REALISTIC PROGRESSION MOVING FORWARD.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We don’t need latrell Mitchell.he isn’t worth that sort of money and I can see him going off the rails in a couple of years time.lets go after ponga!!
So he can then desert us, leave us in the shit and go play for the AllBlacks, like that’s never happened to us before ..................

Go Dogs

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Ok, it's not pays fault we are in a losing position. Des didn't develop players, the old board fucked the cap for recruiting now and the new board blew up the roster to fasten the development and recruitment process . Yes it's put pay in a bad position but the style we play and the current results is on pay. We can't defend and lack attack. The attack is lack of skill and players but defence is attitude and structures. We shouldn't be losing by 30 we have a team to compete. All these fuckers are fighting for a new contract in 20/21. They are playing with an excuse it seems. Man to man we don't stack up but as a team we can compete and win more . Pay style and team selection is an issue. My biggest fear is the game changes , and if we have a shit coach waiting to recruit to see his talent by the time 2022 comes and we have signed Melb style players and than the game opens up we are last behind. We need a coach that doesn't imitate , has his own style , reinvents attack. The game has changed, the 9 and 7 are dominant. Halves will be more on the ball and less left or right. Structure is slowly being loosened . Better stop I'm becoming langmack never shutting up.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
the new board blew up the roster to fasten the development and recruitment process.
For correctness that's not actually true, if the Board hadn't "blown up the roster" we would have been drastically over the salary cap, that's last year this year and next year. Which would have meant the NRL fining us a farking lot of $'s, decreasing our cap in subsequent years and if we had played games while over the cap then loosing points, plus they would have stepped in and flogged off players of their choosing for us. The Board took the drastic action necessary to prevented those actions.

Go Dogs

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
For correctness that's not actually true, if the Board hadn't "blown up the roster" we would have been drastically over the salary cap, that's last year this year and next year. Which would have meant the NRL fining us a farking lot of $'s, decreasing our cap in subsequent years and if we had played games while over the cap then loosing points, plus they would have stepped in and flogged off players of their choosing for us. The Board took the drastic action necessary to prevented those actions.

Go Dogs
I still find it hard believe that we were over by that much.
Eastwood and the twins expiring should have saved 2mill. We lost graham and kasiano before to save.Than we still had to let graham and mbye go. Hard to figure that out

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I still find it hard believe that we were over by that much.
Eastwood and the twins expiring should have saved 2mill. We lost graham and kasiano before to save.Than we still had to let graham and mbye go. Hard to figure that out
As the heavily back ended contracts kicked in some players contracts more than doubled in the later years. If we hadn't moved players on we were looking at around $13m against a $9.6m Salary Cap for $2019, we had to shed that value of players just to be compliant, that's without adding anyone.

Go Dogs