Negative emotion & not being realistic

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
People say we the BULLDOGS need some big names and that will help us get more high caliber payers following. Very SIMILAR to Newcastle a few years back. They were at the bottom for 4 years. Now they are looking like a top 6 team.
The Bulldogs might only be on the bottom for 2 or 3 years. Which is actually better result. You all forget NATHAN BROWN has been coach of Newcastle during that rebuilding period. So that suggests any coach with a good roster can get a team to fire.
I still believe its not DEAN PAYs fault the he is not winning games currently
You all forget during last year he let half of the team go to start the salary cap clean up. Yet most say he is shit. Yeah might appear like that but take the emotion out of it and it is just a period that if he is allowed to prove his ability as a NRL COACH once he has a decent roster.
At the moment we have a reserve grade team on paper playing in the NRL.

This is not a top 8 team on paper and under preforming.
Yet most want to blame PAY. WHEN we all know it a wooden spoon team. Not because of DEAN PAY but the roster which he inherited.

Look at ARTHUR at the eels. He has a finals team on paper last 4 years. Yet he has got 2 wooden spoons. Thats a shit coach.

Most have said 2 years ago that it will take until 2021 for us to field a decent team.

Then why continue to make it feel like that we have at the moment a top 4 team that is coming last and saying its all because of PAY

Then most say we need marquee signings.
Latrell Mitchell name floating around and again some complaining money is too much or contract length is too long.
Or he will be shit in 2 years.

Come on its probably the best thing for the bulldogs if they could get him to BELMORE.

HIS Talent alone is enough. Who cares how long his contract is or how much money.

We are supporters and just want the best possible team. Let someone else worry about money and contracts.
Everyone thinks they are accountant's and player managers

My main message here is that it appears that NOTHING WILL Make anyone happy and there will always be negativity in this forum. As it is more FUN to complain and a more of a thrill to voice an alternate opinion then to agree and be happy with the REALISTIC PROGRESSION MOVING FORWARD.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need more women on this forum

Its just one massive cock fest in here

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, where do I start with this post...?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
You say we all forget he let half the team go last year.. Well he wasn't winning games with those players in the squad either.

Myth debunked

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People say we the BULLDOGS need some big names and that will help us get more high caliber payers following. Very SIMILAR to Newcastle a few years back. They were at the bottom for 4 years. Now they are looking like a top 6 team.
The Bulldogs might only be on the bottom for 2 or 3 years. Which is actually better result. You all forget NATHAN BROWN has been coach of Newcastle during that rebuilding period. So that suggests any coach with a good roster can get a team to fire.
You all forget during last year he let half of the team go to start the salary cap clean up. Yet most say he is shit. Yeah might appear like that but take the emotion out of it and it is just a period that if he is allowed to prove his ability as a NRL COACH once he has a decent roster.

Yet most want to blame PAY. WHEN we all know it a wooden spoon team. Not because of DEAN PAY but the roster which he inherited.

Look at ARTHUR at the eels. He has a finals team on paper last 4 years. Yet he has got 2 wooden spoons. Thats a shit coach.

Most have said 2 years ago that it will take until 2021 for us to field a decent team.

Then why continue to make it feel like that we have at the moment a top 4 team that is coming last and saying its all because of PAY

Latrell Mitchell name floating around and again some complaining money is too much or contract length is too long.

Come on its probably the best thing for the bulldogs if they could get him to BELMORE.

HIS Talent alone is enough. Who cares how long his contract is or how much money.

We are supporters and just want the best possible team. Let someone else worry about money and contracts.

My main message here is that it appears that NOTHING WILL Make anyone happy and there will always be negativity in this forum. As it is more FUN to complain and a more of a thrill to voice an alternate opinion then to agree and be happy with the REALISTIC PROGRESSION MOVING FORWARD.
Dean Pay ain't a first grade coach, the players see it. I've heard he just doesn't know how to coach. When the coach doesn't know how to coach your team ain't going to perform. We may not have the greatest players but I'm sure they can perform better under a better coach.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't care about Newcastle, Nathan Brown, the Eels or Brad Arthur.

Dean pay isn't a first grade quality coach and a better coach would have this team above last position. People like him and Dymock will never be top quality coaches, only assistants.

The bulldogs need to get back to being a powerhouse, we were never in the same league as teams like Wests, Newcastle and Parra.

Reactions: DT

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

First and foremost - you say it is not Dean Pays fault, but he has been the coach now since November 2017. Meaning, all decisions since then have been his. Let's take a look at the key decisions:

1) Re-sign Lichaa - how has that gone?
2) Sign Corey-Hawiwara-Naira - great on his day. Has not got the best out of him. Has him dipping between both grades like a prairie dog.
3) Bring in Christina Crichton - LOL
4) Clay Priest - LOLLLLLLLLLL x 2
5) Moses Suli
6) John Olive
7) DWZ - might show some promise
8) JMK - promotion to top 30. Probably his best move by our standards, but mediocre in context of the NRL
9) Lewis - again, promoted to top 30, and he got "Payed".

Yes it is a bad team. Yes it is not even top 12 worthy, let alone top 8. HOWEVER - all we ask is this team turns up and has a go.

My question to you is - have you seen any evolution of our style of play between Deano and Dessy?

And before you answer.. just remember. We have averaged the LEAST amount of points of any team in the last 2.5 years.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, Pay has inherited a mess!

We invite him to a card game and fix the deck and wonder why he cant win, LOL!!
As long as we dont get to spoonbowl 2.0 at the end of the season, im looking forward to the future once our war chest is opened!!

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score

much of what you say makes sense, but what some or most of us are frustrated with is the selections being made... perhaps there are valid reasons behind it, but there seem to just be too many bad choices on the surface (ie ogden and chn ommissions)... also there is too much repetitive poor onfield commitment/decisions (tolman 4/5 tackle hit ups)...

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I do feel sorry for Dean Pay in that he was offered a head coach role when he was not ready for it, certainly not yet for an NRL team.

Fact is our roster, while weak, is underperforming and I am 100% confident that if we had an experienced coach he could get them playing much better. Then the “rebuild” is less daunting and the new coach can take charge of what players he wants for his team going forward.

If Pay is not going to be there for the long term what purpose is there in him doing the recruiting?

Last edited:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oddly enough I can see your point regarding Pay.

In saying that I still don't think he's our man. Look at the Sea Eagles and Raiders when we played them with an arguably weaker side than us. We still got our pants pulled down and Pay was easily out-coached.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you think he is doing the recruiting? He is consulted, but he isn't doing the recruiting my any means.
I don't know any more, however the coaching staff should be doing the recruiting.

Reaction score
Pay is fantastic person but not upto standard in coaching. You can see he has no vision. It’s the same set play we used to see at Hasler days.

He has a decent roster but Dean as coach needs to put the right players in the right positions and right plays to make things work. Also he needs to see where the weakness of the opposition is to exploit. Dean been in charge 2 years and we are getting worse and worse and he keeps on saying we are rebuilding it’s just an excuse for a failed coach. Teams are exploiting us but our players cannot seem to find weakness in the oppositions. That’s because there is no direction from the coach and that’s his responsibiity

The truth is not even us supports cannot see ourselves winning the comp with Dean pay as coach therefore it’s a fail and we need to move as we don’t want the same conversation next year or the next 5 years.
He needs to go and we need to invest in some one more experienced as a coach that had success before.
Emotions only get you so far. With Dean his just emotions no skills.
That example you but Nathan brown is crazy he failed at dragons and now only with a dream he is finding some success but it took over 10 years and in my opinion his doing ok because of the roster not because of his coaching skills which doesn’t make him a success.
Also I don’t think anyone he wants to wait 10 years for a top 8 finish and call it a success .