Need class wingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone has been going on about the fullback and halves not creating enough things but looking at our wingers lately and we don't seem to have class.
Looking at Radrudra at Parra and Kevin Naquaima we seemed to let them pass us by.
We won our last Premiership with Utai and Hazem who were strong finishers and defenders.
These days we can't even spread the ball, we need to forget the outside world and move that ball where it is most dangerous.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Mitch Brown is the most underated winger in the game. The guy is great in defense and attack and can actually catch a high ball! It was funny watching him out-play Jono Wright when we played against the Sharks.

We've never been a club reliant on backs, and especially Wingers. We've always been about motoring in the middle, which we've completely lost the ability to do.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair point but its impossible to sign quality players all over the park with a salary cap.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
not asking for origin class wingers but surely kevin naquiama or josh mansour quality would be okay. sick or the jono wrights and mitch browns of the world.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Mitch Brown is the most underated winger in the game. The guy is great in defense and attack and can actually catch a high ball! It was funny watching him out-play Jono Wright when we played against the Sharks.

We've never been a club reliant on backs, and especially Wingers. We've always been about motoring in the middle, which we've completely lost the ability to do.
I just got flash backs from the game against Newcastle in the finals last year...
Jono wright ha ha!!!

jamescairns2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have solid wingers, we don't need marquee players all over the field, and brown and perret are quality in my eyes, very solid. in 2012 we had jono wright and perrett. he made a mistake in one game, and he is always blasted

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I totally agree ,people dont realise how our wingers cost us last year ,all the top teams have powerful wingers that can catch a high ball ,perret and inu would be awesome for us

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We just need players to do their job and do it well.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know he cops a lot of crap on here, but I've got no issue with Mitch brown. He definitely lacks speed, but he has a good set of hands, is tall, is a solid defender and a decent finisher.
Put it this way, I'd love a gun winger, but not at the expense of a gun fullback or half.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score

agree 100% with your comment on Mitch. He deserves his regular spot in the team ..

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Id be happy with brown and inu on the wings, I rate brown his solid does his job good under the highball, Strong, Has decent runs to get us out of our own end his just not rated by alot because he hasnt got poly tats.

N

Natboy

I've always thought wingers were fast guys who finish off tries

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
We should go to Fiji and recruit the biggest, tallest and fastest bloke we can find. Seriously, Uate, Kevin Naiqama, Eto Nabuli, Semi Radradra, the modern day wingers are these guys, tall, althetic and fast. And the best thing is they will come out here and play for peanuts.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Id be happy with brown and inu on the wings, I rate brown his solid does his job good under the highball, Strong, Has decent runs to get us out of our own end his just not rated by alot because he hasnt got poly tats.
Maybe a neck tattoo would do the trick lol

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should go to Fiji and recruit the biggest, tallest and fastest bloke we can find. Seriously, Uate, Kevin Naiqama, Eto Nabuli, Semi Radradra, the modern day wingers are these guys, tall, althetic and fast. And the best thing is they will come out here and play for peanuts.
They should its the best imvestment i reckon

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The issue doesn't stem from wingers, it stems from ball movement.

Solve that issue, get the forwards rolling on, and the backs will develop on their own.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lets go back to 2012 and have Inu and Perrett on the wings.

MacDougall

New Pup
Reaction score
Tigers fan that's been prowling around here reading you all slobering over Tedesco.

If you guys need wingers, you don't have to look far. There are two off contract at the Tigers in Nofoaluma and Koroibete that'd probably do the trick and after driving his price up so far you might have just forced us to let one of them go.

Easy pickings. Nofoaluma would be a good signing, the kid grew up a fullback and only moved out of there because of Tedesco taking his spot at Harold Matthews level.

In saying that. No touchie!

Status
Not open for further replies.