Social Media Naufaluma/Cotric player swap??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone else heard that this could happen?
I would be all for it

A post on the Blog with Hooper indicated he had it in good authority

I wonder

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They're both the same player lol

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes he is a good player and has a pretty sound record of try scoring but Nofoaluma is so full of himself and was removed from the leadership group of the Tigers for turning up to training hungover..

AND this although he has the right to his opinion......might get himself offside with is team mates....

Wests Tigers star David Nofoaluma has always been rather vocal on social media - but this one might have gone a little further than necessary.

The 27-year-old winger has been a part of the Tigers' two recent losses, where they conceded a combined 104 points against Melbourne and South Sydney.

In round 16 against the Rabbitohs, there were a plethora of soft tries leaked - some of which came down Nofoaluma's edge.

A disgruntled fan noticed some of those defensive reads, and while his attack on the Samoan international was clearly uncalled for, Nofoaluma's response could be cause for concern.

The fan called out the winger for 'failing to make a correct read since his debut in 2012', which prompted Nofoaluma to reply on Sunday night.

"It’s sad that I get blamed for defensive decision," he said.

"In the first half our A and B defenders didn’t get up to put pressure than (sic) Moses (Mbye) was getting caught so left 3 on 2 for myself and Jet (James Roberts).

"In second half we got up in one line of defence and if you watched 2nd half D’d very well."

It’s sad that I get blamed for defensive decision. In the first half our A and B defenders didn’t get up to put pressure than Moses was getting caught so left 3 on 2 for myself and jet. In second half we got up in one line of defence and if you watched 2nd half D’d very well
— David Nofoaluma (@DNofoaluma) July 4, 2021
This is an open and honest insight that we don't see from players very often - but that's not the problem.

The problem is that in doing this, Nofoaluma has seemingly called out some of the players in his own side for 'not getting up' to pressure the Rabbitohs in defence.

On the surface, this is pretty harmless and Nofoaluma has the right to defend himself if he sees fit. He could have easily let the Tweet from the disgruntled fan go, but NRL players cop their fair share on social media.

But the fact that the Tigers are sitting in 14th spot on the ladder, have been completely outclassed two weeks in a row and have a coach in Michael Maguire who is fighting for his job, maybe the veteran of over 150 games should choose his words a tad more carefully.

Openly criticising teammates for their on-field performances and throwing them under the bus is one way to make a bad season even worse.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I would be all for it

I wonder
I don't believe, we're that dump, are we?

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be all for it

I wonder
Old Baldy goes for the Tigers, it couldn't possibly be himself trying to start a rumour he can push in favour of his own club would he???

NO DEAL, for mine.

Cotric will come good.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Personally I’d keep Cotric and I think he has more upside and will be a lot better next year in a stronger team. If this swap was even a real thing, then considering the Rumoured contracts are Cotric on $650pa and Nofo $500pa. The only way you’d entertain this is a straight swap and no freight. WT pay Cotric $650 and we pay Nofo $500. It puts $150 back into our salary cap to target a 9 and some forward power. Of course this only happens if it’s WT wanting the swap and we have all the negotiating power. If it’s us trying to free up cap space then we can forget any bargaining power.

Status
Not open for further replies.