Napa

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This looks good but can jmk play 80 minutes?
I think he played 64 mins yesterday

First start this year

(He played junk minutes v Warriors)

Gradually he will play 80

But to be honest worst case just fkn throw Tolman or JJ to cover hooker, it will strengthen our middle and not like we have had a hooker than can pass the last 5 seasons

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Credit to him, much improved effort yesterday. Let's hope he can continue to do that.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Napa seriously needs to work on his leg drive.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Totally agree he was the whipping boy last week but he lead from front and his second stint was better with neat offload and barnstormer try

The usual suspects that get hated on here played well Hoppa and Foran
I thought foran was one of our best yesterday along with Lewis. Hoppa is by far our most consistent player

Last edited:

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Napa seriously needs to work on his leg drive.
Agreed 100%, i said it in another thread, he seems to hit the line and drop very quickly and then has a slow play the ball.

I don't get the love for him yesterday, he was ok, nothing more, maybe the shitness of the rest of the pack made him look a fraction better than the others.

I will give him some time though, he's showing signs but I want to see more.

And, I also rate CHN, I thought he was good yesterday, he straightens up our attack.

We defeinitely lack size, way too small in the middle and we just get steamrolled...

Oh and some more big ass backs who can get us out of our 20 and build the set around.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m still on Board the Napa train, from week 1 to 2 you could see a slight improvement.. he will get better and he needs to stay..!! The mongrel is starting to show an I’m happy to wait for that.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't believe people weren't happy with Napa yesterday. At this stage he is the only decent prop we have at the club. It's not like he was taking the next hit up off some damaging run provided by our other forwards. I had never even heard of plodder used to describe a footballer until I heard it on here but this pack is seriously in the running for the hall of fame.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't completely write him off but where is the mongrel he had at the roosters?

I understand he is a bench prop becoming a starting prop.

He is the only pay recruit where he has potential, the rest are rubbish and aren't demanding either to stay in FG or challenge for it.
Someone wrote a really good post on here about not being a big minute metre eater style of player . His role at the Roosters was purely impact and when you know your only going out for a 15-20 minute spell you can play with more mongrel IMO. If you know you need to play 30 your going to ensure there is petrol left in the tank to last that long.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Look at the minutes he plays compared to the metres punched out. He's about comparable to Klemmer who plays far longer minutes for the same metres.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if tolman could play the Jackson role (just cheaper) next year and we throw the bank at two players such as Pangai/Gallen/Fledgler/Crichton/someonemongrelise.
Dare I say De Belin once he beats the wrap. Saints have plugged the hole I think.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tolman could even play lock (has done so and well before), but we lack quality forwards.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if tolman could play the Jackson role (just cheaper) next year and we throw the bank at two players such as Pangai/Gallen/Fledgler/Crichton/someonemongrelise.
Dare I say De Belin once he beats the wrap. Saints have plugged the hole I think.
Are you seriously suggesting to recruit Paul Gallen?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Napa is ball playing and pushing up in support a lot more and has looked very good today after he stood up last week...