Name a place you used to frequent but doesn't exist anymore

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah it was an interesting venue. I saw the lead singer of Moving pictures kick a bloke in the head knocking him out cold after he pegged a beer. And John Swan punch a bouncer for punching a punter at the same place.

Good times.:tearsofjoy:
Went their Friday nights after Canterbury leagues as it was open till 3 am

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Playroom at Tallebudgera on the Gold Coast.
Sunday nights used to be huge there. Back in the day when a band was touring pubs etc around the country, around SEQ it usually went something like Toowoomba or Sunshine Coast Thu night, Brisbane Fri and Sat nights and Gold Coast Sun night. So if there was a decent band that you really liked, you could go see all four shows if you really wanted. I normally skipped the Toowoomba one though :D

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Someone mentioned Bankstown Bizzo's club ? late 80's a little dingy place but just up the road from the Sports club used to do surprisingly well there mainly with chicks i worked with lol as we worked at the State Bank branch just down the road on the cnr of Chapel Rd Sth.

And Skelseys on the Hume Highway just past the Meccano lights :laughing: anyone know it? special place that one it may have relocated now and be better than it was back then in the 90's)..would kick on there after a sesh at the The High Flyer near Bankstown Airport(bloody good suburban pub and still is apparently), cause enough piss was never enough.

Finally i've always loved the drive-ins so Bass Hill one get's an honorable mention, redeveloped years ago for housing i read.
One of the best memories of the old man were him, my brother and me(parents divorced when we were early teens or younger)hitting the drive ins.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That special place in my mind after a Bulldogs win. I hear it'll be reopening soon, but there's no date set in stone.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a lot of places -

* I liked One World Sport in Parramatta back in the early noughties... a good place to watch sport... a couple levels, big screen for the main match and multiple other TVs for whatever else is on --> football, basketball, tennis etc.
* there used to be a pool hall on George St opposite the cinemas... from memory, it was called 'Maloney's'... you would go down stairs to a bar and just a sea of pool tables... you could spend the whole night with friends just playing pool, drinking and hanging out
* I grew up in the inner west and Burwood was a good place to hang out at night... plenty of cafes, pubs, the RSL, the cinemas, a couple underrated restaurants, a bar or two etc... the cinemas are still there but the cafes are gone, the bars are gone, the pubs have been renovated to be pokie and gambling friendly... pity