Name a place you used to frequent but doesn't exist anymore

707_2Belmore

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lahoods Campsie as some others have mentioned. Used to spend way too much time there after school trying to master Daytona. Once I got older and finished school, I loved going there just to chill in the pool hall

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy: memories. Drinking cocktails from the toilet and bath shaped glasses at McGee’s. George Adams was in the Hilton, right? Wild Turkey far out, similar to Lucy’s in town with unlimited $1 Vodka/Orange on Friday before the RSA laws. They’d also let you do lay-backs on the bar - unheard of now. #sloppy
Yep it was under the Hilton. Haha went to Lucy's a few times as well. RSA was probably when the beginning of cancel culture first set in. Imagine trying to do all that now.

One of my greatest nights amongst many at Bobby McGees happened to be the earliest -it finished at 10pm. After winning one of their free parties where each person gets 2 free raffle tickets (worth 4 drinks) - earlier that day I bought several books of different coloured raffle tickets from a newsagent - I then handed out a full book of the correct coloured tickets to a large group of friends and acquaintances. After having about 30 free drinks myself in 3 hours, I staggered out the door, almost fell down the escalator, had a random good samaritan help me somehow get back to Town Hall, I slept on the train home missing my stop and eventually I was woken up by a guard at Macarthur station.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Jesus those 2 names brings back memories. Good ole “Lacas” as my cousins and I would refer to it. If we couldn’t get in anywhere else, Lacas is was lol.
Was kicked out/ refused entry to Brooklyn too many times hahaha
U knoowww

707_2Belmore

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
U knoowww
I’m glad I was old enough to go out during the early-mid 2000s! Never had any money but was still able to go out and get plastered lol
Can’t imagine it now with everyone having camera phones & PC police around

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Actually it's probably still there tbh. Listed a couple of places that I think still exist.
I remember I went there once on Christmas Eve - 2006 I think it was. It was after a half-day at work as everyone gets, and it was packed. I've never seen such as busy bar in the city. I couldn't even find my colleagues lol.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Australia, not the country I once knew when Commie power trippers are allowed to stream someones home to the public for their vindictive jollies.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jungle bar George St CBD
Near Wynyard St
Use to hang there 1988/89

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
UTB and FUA at Ashfield and Burwood. Canterbury had some too. Also FBB they were bad guys. 14K is a triad group more organised than all those guy. Marrickville Legends 5T and RBS were other 90’s gangs
None of them could hold a candle to the Epic Bender Crew.