Myles Heading East Next Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see how he feels about this in another 5 years, then 10, then 20. Regrets is all I can imagine.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
Sorry to see him go.

I think he would have been better off staying with us for another 2 years. Playing alongside Mason and O'Meley would have helped him no end.

Now at 22 he becomes the key forward for the Roosters. 22 is very young for a prop. I think he will struggle.

Anyway. Good luck to him.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
He will struggle indeed. Nate went over for the cash, the ultimate motivator.

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Money is the biggest attraction in sport these days and its unfortunate to see that guys like Nate, who the club has spent endless amount of dollars on developing him into the player that he is today, can't show some sign of loyalty and respect that the club gave him from when he was 16.

Its a shame to see him go the roosters, could have become one of the games best forwards in years to come at the dogs, but sadly his career is going to come crashing down before it really got off the ground.

What irks me most is that management didnt have the foresight to see it coming, I mean honestly if Nate was going to stay he would have accepted that contract earlier on before dragging it out and now in the process we have lost Conn who would have filled his void at a fraction of the price, I am disappointed and very pissed off at the way this has panned out.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out....

On another note, if the dogs do not re-sign Morrin, McIllwain & either Small or Green in the next week or two I will be even more disappointed, If we snare Manoukafoa that would be a bonus.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Premiers04 said:
Money is the biggest attraction in sport these days and its unfortunate to see that guys like Nate, who the club has spent endless amount of dollars on developing him into the player that he is today, can't show some sign of loyalty and respect that the club gave him from when he was 16.

Its a shame to see him go the roosters, could have become one of the games best forwards in years to come at the dogs, but sadly his career is going to come crashing down before it really got off the ground.

What irks me most is that management didnt have the foresight to see it coming, I mean honestly if Nate was going to stay he would have accepted that contract earlier on before dragging it out and now in the process we have lost Conn who would have filled his void at a fraction of the price, I am disappointed and very pissed off at the way this has panned out.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out....

On another note, if the dogs do not re-sign Morrin, McIllwain & either Small or Green in the next week or two I will be even more disappointed, If we snare Manoukafoa that would be a bonus.
Great Post.

Totally agree.

Nate

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
mitchusonfire said:
wonder if he'll be a passenger for the rest of the year
If he does you'd think he'd get dropped to premier league pretty quick. Depending on how bad he's playing. But hopefully he'll come out against the Roosters and have a blinder.

Goodbye Nate

Aaron

Utai Slam
Reaction score
Nate said:
If he does you'd think he'd get dropped to premier league pretty quick. Depending on how bad he's playing. But hopefully he'll come out against the Roosters and have a blinder.

Goodbye Nate
If he was going to get dropped it would have happened for this game. Everyone at the club knew by Tuesday that Nate was not going to re-sign.

Nate

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Utai Slam said:
If he was going to get dropped it would have happened for this game. Everyone at the club knew by Tuesday that Nate was not going to re-sign.
I just quoted Mitch's post stating that if he becomes a passenger for the rest of the year he should get dropped. Not if he keeps up his reasonable form.

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

he might have gone he wont be as sought after next contract thats for sure he went for the money now he will go downhill like everyone who goes to the roosters. eg . finch, anasta, firman, cayless, harrison, you name them they all go the same way now it is your turn nate no origin for you next year. the bulldogs made you and you wrecked yourself. thanks for the loyalty.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
shame to see him go, but i guess in the business of league these day's you have to look after No1, THE SALARY CAP HAS DESTROYED ALL CONCEPTS OF LOYALTY IN THE GAME

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate dont let the door hit you or your moon-size forehead on the way out! Greedy ass mofo!

No nate dogg at games for you now!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
el magic said:
as much as i dislike the fact that nate's signed with the roosters, he's still in the blue and white jersey for the rest of the year and as long as he continues his current form i'm not going to hate upon him and call for him to be dropped. whats done is done, he's been good for the dogs while hes been around. as for all this loyalty crap, there is few players with loyalty anymore anyway, its a pretty lame excuse to be using against him... yes the dogs did bring him down here etc etc, but how many other players have we brought through the ranks to have them leave anyway!?
agree 100% emzoo ffs

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good luck to him. He is a talented young player, but is inclined to be a bit "off the leash", making him a dubious asset at times.

D

DJ ALMO

hmm i've been wondering what was in that head of his loyalty my aS5

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
just watched his interview on channel 10 sports tonight... he rants on about i cant be feeling sorry for myself, and that this was a move i needed to make!

my heart lays with the dogs till the end of the year... PFFFFFFFFFFT yeah right

Status
Not open for further replies.