My Team for next week

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday was embarrassing. The storm did it without some of their main players to which is even more embarrassing.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
None of them.

Give them a 7 week rest in isolation in Victoria...
Fair call.. but in all honesty a few players still went ok yesterday..
Meaney
Katoa
Foran
RFM
Napa
Ogden...

The rest of them were either M.I.A or were that bad that if they were M.I.A it would of been a blessing.. special mention to Lewis.. i dont think ive rver seen a more destructive display from a half before.. for the opposition that is..

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Meaney
Katoa
Foran
RFM
Napa
Ogden...

The rest of them were either M.I.A or were that bad that if they were M.I.A it would of been a blessing.. special mention to Lewis.. i dont think ive rver seen a more destructive display from a half before.. for the opposition that is..
No doubt, katoa impressed me. Ogden should have been starting prop since rd1. There are lots of positives for 2021, but this year is a waste. Embarrassment to the club.

Lewis surely will not be picked next week if he isn't suspended.. jackson needs to be stood down too

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No doubt, katoa impressed me. Ogden should have been starting prop since rd1. There are lots of positives for 2021, but this year is a waste. Embarrassment to the club.

Lewis surely will not be picked next week if he isn't suspended.. jackson needs to be stood down too
Id stand down tolman before Jackson... the fucwit just never learns... i can't handle watching him anymore ...

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Meaney
Katoa
Foran
RFM
Napa
Ogden...

Meaney was ok but his positional play in defence isn't good plus that last try not attacking the ball was weak.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meaney
Katoa
Foran
RFM
Napa
Ogden...

Laffai was also on self destruct. At least he played the ball the right way around .

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meaney was ok but his positional play in defence isn't good plus that last try not attacking the ball was weak.
I thought he went ok.. the last try was a flip of the coin on who was a fault.. he and reimis can share the fault.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I thought he went ok.. the last try was a flip of the coin on who was a fault.. he and reimis can share the fault.
He definitely is out best option at 1. He will learn a shit load more with a "teacher" coach which the club has lacked for 10years.
I just thought he got caught ball watching a little . I said it in a previous post, what hope do kids have at the club when our senior players are the worst players in the team. This season can't finish fast enough.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He definitely is out best option at 1. He will learn a shit load more with a "teacher" coach which the club has lacked for 10years.
I just thought he got caught ball watching a little . I said it in a previous post, what hope do kids have at the club when our senior players are the worst players in the team. This season can't finish fast enough.
I think he is extremely timid... its something hes going to need to snap out of if he wants a 1st grade career..

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think with meany going ok at 1 we need hoppa in the centres atm and if lewis doesn’t get dropped fmd
Nah Hoppa should go back to 1.
Meaney has gone ok and he is a good open field runner but that's about it.
Hopoate creates space for other players by breaking tackles & offloading or sweeping into an attacking play to get a quick pass away to get the centre or wing into some open space.

It was no coincidence that Holland & Smith looked half ok when Hopoate was at fullback and created some space for them by attracting 2 or 3 defenders but still manages to get the pass away.

Meaney can't do that and generally gets rag dolled in defence.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Nah Hoppa should go back to 1.
Meaney has gone ok and he is a good open field runner but that's about it.
Hopoate creates space for other players by breaking tackles & offloading or sweeping into an attacking play to get a quick pass away to get the centre or wing into some open space.

It was no coincidence that Holland & Smith looked half ok when Hopoate was at fullback and created some space for them by attracting 2 or 3 defenders but still manages to get the pass away.

Meaney can't do that and generally gets rag dolled in defence.
Over all hoppa is better. But not available and when he does come back won't have the legs to play 1 for a few week. Next year it's all Baz, remember the transformation of baba in 2012 under des. Let's hope Barrett can have the same effect on meaney. Long term he can be a really good fullback and his very young n raw.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Over all hoppa is better. But not available and when he does come back won't have the legs to play 1 for a few week. Next year it's all Baz, remember the transformation of baba in 2012 under des. Let's hope Barrett can have the same effect on meaney. Long term he can be a really good fullback and his very young n raw.
Well let's hope Barrett can coach our team and get the best out of the players we have next season, whoever they may be.

I like how SG put his hand up for the Cowboys job. If yesterday's performance was part of his CV he maybe should head to centrelink now.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think hoppa really struggles with kick defense. He struggles really bad with reading the play or just doesnt have the speed to make a difference. Ive seen him caught out a number of times with poor positioning/anticipation..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I thing hoppa really struggles with kick defense. He struggles really bad with reading the play or just doesnt have the speed to make a difference. Ive seen him caught out a number of times with poor positioning/anticipation..
When Hoppa is back we could play him at left centre and Averillo at fullback. Once we get inside opp 20-30m move Hoppa to 1 and Averillo to the left edge he favours so we have a better finisher out wide. That's a way to ease him into fullback without the extra pressure of attacking off our shit halves with defence aswell.

Or alternatively you could throw him in the deep end or go the other way and play him at 6. But yeah I'd like to think Averillo would cover kicks better than Hoppa.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Meaney
DWZ
Hoppa
Lafai
Smith
Averillo
Foran
Ogden
Katoa