My not-so Good Friday (pretty much just a rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
Despite my original plans to go to the game in person, a family situation held me back. "Not the end of the world" I thought, because I would watch the replay on fox IQ.

Just around 9:30 pm I started my replay, having successfully avoided all news and spoilers about the game throughout the afternoon by turning off my phone etc.

"Great, Reynolds on the bench". I feel that Des has made a good decision here and I'm interested to see how it plays out.

So the game unfolds, and despite errors in moments where we have them on the ropes, our defence is so aggressive and on point that we aren't threatened by Souths. We are on top. Immediately I feel that we have this game.

*PWOOOO* (whistle noise for penalty) after Isaac Luke's try. "Seriously??" I angrily ask the replay. I think it's unfortunate for Luke that he copped knocks, but an 8-point try is not the right call. This was the decision that put Souths right back into the contest with only 2 points behind.

Now we are in the second half. Souths have some injuries and again the dogs are in the driver's seat. There comes a point when I notice that the rabbitohs aren't being penalized for their tackle speed. "What do you have to do to get a penalty around here?" Ray Warren asks of the referees. I just assume that these refs aren't interfering and are just letting the game play out.

*PWOOOO* surprise! Rabbitohs penalty! The penalty on Lichaa when Greg Inglis fumbles the play the ball is just so incorrect. I can't remember if it was this one or the next that gets converted into 2 pts but I think "wow, these refs really just sent Souths back in it again!" I'm frustrated with the refereeing, but hey, now it's leveled scorelines and I have faith in our 'golden point' play.

We get the field goal. Despite bad calls and some bad play throughout the match, we have fought our way back in front and have all but won the game. We were the better side after all.

*PWOOOO*... 'That' decision. I don't have words that can convey just how incorrect and unfair that call was. Not even Idris' no try against St George was this bad. At this point Goodwin gets the 2, and the foxtel recording cuts out so that I miss the final minute or two.

What the **** did I just witness?! How... why was this call made? Is there anyone that actually believes this was the correct call? Or that the refereeing in this game was fair?

For most likely everyone that has read this, you have had at least 6 hours to process what happened. I'm sure that by now there have been countless posts made about 'that call', and that you all are probably sick of reading the same things said over and over, but for me, this just happened. Feeling at a loss for words, I just needed to write this all out and vent it to you all.

I am absolutely livid. At this point I don't even care about individual performances because we 'won' that game. The two points awarded by that ref weren't conversion points, they were competition points.

*end rant

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Us dogs fans had a worse day than Jesus ffs

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If jesus is a dogs fan. He is better off not waking up and leaving that rock blocking the cave and hibernate and save reincarnation for next weekends round.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who cares about sleeping tonight aye?!
Yh i can't sleep tonight either lol. Can't go out either as ill likely slide my ute into a tree in this weather and in my current condition aha

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Great break down. Well written and explained.

The thing is no one can say anything about the referees now so it will go down in history as a "oopsy what can you do ??? after all the pride of the league did win" kind of day by one half of the media and a "the Lebanese rapist team once again threw the game into disrepute again after loosing a game to the deserved back to back 2015 champions" by the other half of the media.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to drive 40kms in the drizzle belmore league club to Dural. Had my AWD turbo territory so sideways tracey grimshaw and ACA would having been spraying their tall foam skinny fat white black mocha latte.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
Great break down. Well written and explained.

The thing is no one can say anything about the referees now so it will go down in history as a "oopsy what can you do ??? after all the pride of the league did win" kind of day by one half of the media and a "the Lebanese rapist team once again threw the game into disrepute again after loosing a game to the deserved 2015 champions" by the other half of the media.
Thanks man. Yeah i'm just catching up on all the news now and of course the NRL has exactly the ammunition they want to distract people from the call and just start going on and on about how bad our club/fans are.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
*chokes on food*

WTF?! Is there ANOTHER BAD CALL that I'm yet to witness?! Des in the press conference is talking about a push in the back to someone that happens after Goodwin's conversion? I was devastated enough to assume that we just couldn't win after that moment, but there is MORE INJUSTICE?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
*chokes on food*

WTF?! Is there ANOTHER BAD CALL that I'm yet to witness?! Des in the press conference is talking about a push in the back to someone that happens after Goodwin's conversion? I was devastated enough to assume that we just couldn't win after that moment, but there is MORE INJUSTICE?
Yeah a blatant professional foul

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
*chokes on food*

Josh Morris was clearly taken out from the short kick off, all officials completely ignored it.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Josh Morris was clearly taken out from the short kick off, all officials completely ignored it.
I heard that audio clip of tony archer trying to justify the decisions made which sounded like utter bullshit as it contradicts rules they use abs he didn't even mention why that precessional foul on Morris was overlooked...

What The Bark?

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What really rubbed salt into the wounds was Brett Morris pulling up with a hamstring injury on the final tackle of the match. Talk about getting dicked 10-fold.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I'm glad it wasn't the actual grand final that would of killed me

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
What really rubbed salt into the wounds was Brett Morris pulling up with a hamstring injury on the final tackle of the match. Talk about getting dicked 10-fold.
GOD DAMMIT. I saw a thread about our team for next week and I thought the bmoz concern was just about how his calf strain would pull up after the match. How can the last 5 minutes of a game cause us so much grief seriously

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Souths fans are saying they would of rather lost the game as reynolds is gone for 5 months, at least there is some solace.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I had to drive 40kms in the drizzle belmore league club to Dural. Had my AWD turbo territory so sideways tracey grimshaw and ACA would having been spraying their tall foam skinny fat white black mocha latte.
Bwahahahahaha .. nice

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
Souths fans are saying they would of rather lost the game as reynolds is gone for 5 months, at least there is some solace.
It was a blood-sacrifice. Somebody used dark-magic to win that game, and Reynolds was the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.