My First Born

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Been up at hospital since 2pm, wife has had some contractions 10mins apart and has just been given some drugs to have some sleep. I cant sleep (night shift body clock) but yeah sometime on the 13th I dare say I'll be welcoming my first little bulldog Elijah into the world.

The wife has been great the whole way through dealing with gestational diabetes, she hasn't had to inject or anything as it's not that bad, but she's still logged everything to look after herself and my son.

I love my old man but he wasn't there when I was born so my mother says, so it makes me pretty proud and emotional being here by her side all day and coming to 4hr monitoring appointments all week with minimal sleep.

The little fella couldn't have been due at a better time as he will take my mind off all the Bulldogs drama haha.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good luck bro, first born for me took nearly 40hrs. Just keep being your Mrs rock, she needs it trust me.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Best wishes to the 3 of you.
God bless and watch over 3 of you my bro.
Keep us updated.
Thanks guys, still awake don't think I'll get second in until after the little fella arrives. Wife has been waking up not much has changed so still a while to go it think, might take longer than expected.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Good luck bro, first born for me took nearly 40hrs. Just keep being your Mrs rock, she needs it trust me.
Wow 40hrs maybe I need to take some drugs to knock myself out haha.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow 40hrs maybe I need to take some drugs to knock myself out haha.
My back was killing me as I was trying to sleep on a normal chair. I was just about to say it until I remembered what the Mrs was going through. I would have went straight to the Emergency Department

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
My back was killing me as I was trying to sleep on a normal chair. I was just about to say it until I remembered what the Mrs was going through. I would have went straight to the Emergency Department
Fuck man that would have been rough. I'm lucky we have a double room to ourselves atm. However I've been told if someone else gets admitted that I'm getting kicked out lol which is fair enough

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like my first born. Missus was in labour for two days. Little bugger keep starting but then stop. Redbull should have sponsored me by how much I needed to keep myself going so I could be there for the missus. Also, I needed a shoulder reconstruction afterwards due to the hours apon hours of back rubbing my missus needed. Once the baby popped out, all that became irrelevant. It's such a special time and moment in life.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
All the best mate, my two have just left home and raising them to adult hood was the most rewarding experience of my life. ENJOY EVERY SECOND time goes by very quickly. congratulations to you all.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nothing yet, bagged 4hrs sleep but lol. Obstetrician is going to break her waters soon, surprised they didn't go last night. But today it's gotta happen

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing yet, bagged 4hrs sleep but lol. Obstetrician is going to break her waters soon, surprised they didn't go last night. But today it's gotta happen
Good luck. Enjoy the sleep. It will be the last bit of sleep you can enjoy for 2 years hahaha

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good stuff mike, wish you all the best and many sleepless nights :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: have fun bud..!! Much love .

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Enjoy best of luck when the midwives are not around treat yourself to the happy gas.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Good stuff mike, wish you all the best and many sleepless nights :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: have fun bud..!! Much love .
Thanks man. The last 6 days I've averaged about 4hrs sleep with everything going on so I'm warming to the task haha

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks man. The last 6 days I've averaged about 4hrs sleep with everything going on so I'm warming to the task haha
Good man, enjoy every second as well.!! My daughters 12, so I’m passed all that lol, but it gets worse now with the teen years beginning,almost time to get the bat out :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good stuff mate. Congrats.
I timed my two kids in the last few years which has also been a welcomed distraction from the NRL haha

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Get the hospital to play Glory Glory to South Sydney through the PA. You will be packed up in the car heading home with the missus and little bub within the hour.