MY BLOODS BOILING! Why are blokes buying utes when they don't need em?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who's blood is boiling? When I see blokes buying utes that don't need em, don't it fire you up? I just want to walk over and give em an uppercut out of nowhere.

So many guys are doing it, buying ford/Holden falcon commodore utes or most recently Hilux or ranger.

But they never use em, not for work, not on the weekend, never. Just basically a 2 door car with a perception they are a tradie? I'd bet their employer is not listing their car as a commercial vehicle for fbt.

Most of em go to work in a van, or drive the ute to work and just park it in the parking lot.

The ute is the modern day suit case, people that carry one usually just have their lunch in it. But carry on like they are on the way to a big business meeting. I worked with a guy once who didn't have to take papers out of the office, carry his brief case in and out every day. Just had an apple in it I suspect.

What do they put on the back of the ute? Why do they buy em? Who are they trying to fool?

We should have a day in March when you are allowed to uppercut blokes who have utes but don't ever use them for work.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who's blood is boiling? When I see blokes buying utes that don't need em, don't it fire you up? I just want to walk over and give em an uppercut out of nowhere.

So many guys are doing it, buying ford/Holden falcon commodore utes or most recently Hilux or ranger.

But they never use em, not for work, not on the weekend, never. Just basically a 2 door car with a perception they are a tradie? I'd bet their employer is not listing their car as a commercial vehicle for fbt.

Most of em go to work in a van, or drive the ute to work and just park it in the parking lot.

The ute is the modern day suit case, people that carry one usually just have their lunch in it. But carry on like they are on the way to a big business meeting. I worked with a guy once who didn't have to take papers out of the office, carry his brief case in and out every day. Just had an apple in it I suspect.

What do they put on the back of the ute? Why do they buy em? Who are they trying to fool?

We should have a day in March when you are allowed to uppercut blokes who have utes but don't ever use them for work.
I call my ute the microwave... 2 minutes inside and she's done.
FYI you can fit a king single mattress in the back of a commodore ute...

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
My 2004 Hilux Tipper is still going strong. Can’t kill the old girl. I don’t use it to haul stuff these days but boy did she put in the hard yards..

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2004 Hilux Tipper is still going strong. Can’t kill the old girl. I don’t use it to haul stuff these days but boy did she put in the hard yards..
What hardyards?

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
What hardyards?
Good ten years of moving carrying dumping towing you name the material it had it on board. Our specialty back in the day was dumping dodgy Lebo building sites asbestos in front of child care centres.. Cash Only

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
You get angry over a guy in a ute?
Maybe they don't need a four seater?
VS utes are already an Aussie classic

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Good ten years of moving carrying dumping towing you name the material it had it on board. Our specialty back in the day was dumping dodgy Lebo building sites asbestos in front of child care centres.. Cash Only
How many bodies?!

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a ute 3 years since i drove it anywhere but fuck i love my ute

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I have an SS Ute. Never really use it for anything but have always just loved utes. They are fun to drive and like someone up said. Never know you need em till you need em.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

You’re so wrong mate! They are very useful to have.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

You can park in a loading zone with a ute.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've always thought that a twin cab ute is the perfect Aussie family car. Got room for the kids, with the comfort of a sedan. Enough room in the back for everything you need; and enough clearance to get to most places off the sealed road.
Only problem is they're a lot more expensive than a sedan, and more expensive to run. But they make more sense than the urban assault vehicles most people drive the kids to school in.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those twin cab utes are a bigger scam than the normal utes. Basically a tin can inside, the rear is always tiny , no luxury features and they cost like a luxury car.. drive like a boat too, slow acceleration and Roly poly handling

Why do people do it?