Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should be getting serious RIGHT NOW about

Burton
Smith
Staines

that’s 3 of the 4 spine positions.

If anything is left over then search for a meter eating prop.

between

Averillo
Hoppa
Okunbor
To’Omaga
Ogden
RFM
Elliot
Jackson
Thompson

there is probably enough there to get us around the 8 with injection of Staines at fullback, Burton at 6 and Smith at 9.

based on those 3, I’d probably persist with Cogger as an organising half until Green comes back.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
1. Competent board with the club's best interest at heart.

2. Coaching staff

3. First grade players

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are reports online that Fainu has now re-signed with Manly until 2023. This is really disappointing news as we really need an upgrade at the hooker position

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Priorities....
1. Hooker
2. Staines
3. Benji
4 Asiata

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who knows what the real story is? Curtis Scott was labeled as a cop basher by the media until recently.
Totally different circumstances.

The difference between the two is that in Scotts case the cops thought he was just another drunk and tried to have some fun with him and stitch him up not realising the press it would attract because of who he is.

In Fainus' case there was a person stabbed. You can't hide that. Someone at that party stabbed someone else. If it wasn't Fainu it was someone else.

The fact he has been arrested and not someone else at the party means the cops must be pretty sure.

The only thing that will save him is whether the case can be made in court that there is not enough proof to get a 'beyond reasonable doubt' verdict. In the end it will come down to what the eye witnesses at the party (probably most are his mates) saw and what they will testify to in a court of law.

Some of them must have pointed at him for him to have been arrested.

At the end of the day they are Christians at a church function who will be made to swear on a bible to tell the truth. So if it wasn't him, who committed the stabbing? Someone is guilty.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Not sure where to post this, here will do. Just Sterlo talking about our roster.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally different circumstances.

The difference between the two is that in Scotts case the cops thought he was just another drunk and tried to have some fun with him and stitch him up not realising the press it would attract because of who he is.

In Fainus' case there was a person stabbed. You can't hide that. Someone at that party stabbed someone else. If it wasn't Fainu it was someone else.

The fact he has been arrested and not someone else at the party means the cops must be pretty sure.

The only thing that will save him is whether the case can be made in court that there is not enough proof to get a 'beyond reasonable doubt' verdict. In the end it will come down to what the eye witnesses at the party (probably most are his mates) saw and what they will testify to in a court of law.

Some of them must have pointed at him for him to have been arrested.

At the end of the day they are Christians at a church function who will be made to swear on a bible to tell the truth. So if it wasn't him, who committed the stabbing? Someone is guilty.
Sounds like you are judge, jury and executioner. My point was that what is publicly reported my not be what happened as per Scott’s case.
Unless you were there you can’t be saying that you know he’s going to jail. If he gets off he’ll be back into the first grade team as Manly have not only just stood by him, they have also offered him an extension.
I’ll wait to see what happens with his trial and reserve judgement until then. You can make whatever assumptions that you wish

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like you are judge, jury and executioner. My point was that what is publicly reported my not be what happened as per Scott’s case.
Unless you were there you can’t be saying that you know he’s going to jail. If he gets off he’ll be back into the first grade team as Manly have not only just stood by him, they have also offered him an extension.
I’ll wait to see what happens with his trial and reserve judgement until then. You can make whatever assumptions that you wish
Where did you get judge, jury and executioner from?

Someone stabbed the guy. He didn't stab himself. Someone is guilty and someone has directed the police to Fainu.

Go back and re-read what I wrote. I didn't say he was guilty, I said someone is guilty and the evidence must point to him or someone else would have been arrested.

You clearly didn't understand what I wrote.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I know you're the wild child and wild child's will back up other wild child's, but Fainu's victim reckons Fainu himself stabbed him and he knows Fainu.

Can you seriously imagine a victim taking an opportunity to pivot away from the real attacker to settle some feud and blame someone else for trying to kill them?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Are we going to sign Brandon Smith or fucking what???
Hearing Gold Coast are most likely if he asks for a release from Melbourne.
What the fuck we have been looking for a decent 9 since Ennis got punted out of the joint.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other than Burton, none of the players you list are currently in winning cultures...

No more dumb athletes? Yet you list TPJ.

I did preface if he’s medically cleared of his his injuries difference between Bird & Foran is age (5 years) he’s won a grand final is an international & has played SOO. Can play every position in the backline & the backrow.

Sailor???? Can’t get a start at the Dragons watched him last season in NSW Cup rocks & diamonds nothing special, biggest note to fame is he’s Wendell’s son.

Asiata would be a great buy. Plenty clubs lining up though great utility player.
I would look to England, Maybe Barret can Lure James Melony back to the NRL, who knows it could be on the cards already.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
The lowdown;

Fullback Must haves;
None
Fullback desirables;
Charles Staines
Dylan Edwards
Anthony Milford