Music thread

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks mate, all written by us. Apart from the singing, the music was recorded single take together, with no dubs. Live shows we have a cover each. One of them is Black Knight, so you're very close :p
Single take recording is the next best thing to being at a live concert. I wish more bands would do that instead of over producing their music.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great piece of music. I had their Mayfair Song stuck in my head walking around London a few years back. Really suits foggy mornings in Whitechapel.

Still can't listen to The Waif's "London Still" because it take me back to a time when I lived there, and was on my own after breaking up with the love of my life. A dark and sad part of my life, and I chose to clear off to the other side of the world to a dark, cold, and damp place which fitted my mood. Didn't know a soul there; made friends, but a part of my life was back home in Oz. Still weep when I hear that song.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the links guys. Just doesn't sound the same on a laptop. I don't do music as background, it's serious listening for me.
I still prefer vinyl or CD, over my Vacuum tube preamp and monster Redgum amp.
Anything by Fat Freddy's Drop, Duke Ellington or Pat Metheny will do for me.
Never thought I'd see a Pat Metheny reference on TK. I saw his band in 2017 in DC. Great night. Redgum amp - sweet !!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never thought I'd see a Pat Metheny reference on TK. I saw his band in 2017 in DC. Great night. Redgum amp - sweet !!
That would have been awesome. I have pretty well all of his recordings.
Another that I like is the late Michael Hedges; brilliant at slap guitar. Sadly died too young in a car accident.

If it is of any interest, my speakers are Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grandes - they need good power- the Redgum handles them very well, and the tube preamp gives the system a very sweet sound. Had the Redgum upgraded with better capacitors, and grounding.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for actual music in this thread, or are you looking for "I took too many illicit substances and went down the youtube Rabbit Hole of weird music"

'cause if it's the latter then....

That should be in the crappest song thread.