Murdoch Royal Commission

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its a nice idea, but the government won't entertain it (for obvious reasons).

Even if there was a royal commission, it wouldn't change anything. We're talking abut a media outlet that was found to be bugging phones with little consequence here. So, its probably a bit of a WOFTAM.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Mal seems to forget that he was punted for trying to lean his party a little too far left. Whilst I’m grateful we didn’t end up with Dutton in the Lodge, Mal, like Kev, couldn’t control their runaway egos - which, when bruised, is apparently all Rupes fault. When will they take ownership that their respective parties both turned on them for their own actions?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Big whoop, who doesn't?
The biggest thing these rich ex PMs have to worry about is hope they don't drown in their bubble bath.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Keating was the same.
Stuck his oar in for years after leaving office.
Even commentary on Barangaroo until about 2016.
Give it up Paul, grow old gracefully.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Its a nice idea, but the government won't entertain it (for obvious reasons).

Even if there was a royal commission, it wouldn't change anything. We're talking abut a media outlet that was found to be bugging phones with little consequence here. So, its probably a bit of a WOFTAM.
No I wouldn't imagine any change while there is such influence over the pollies but it could expose a lot, as did the British enquiry about their phone tapping and the dead girls phone hacking and media ethics.

That enquiry led to the closing of one of his papers, so maybe the DT could close lol.

Whether you like or hate Turnbull or Rudd, it is the truth what they are explaining of the undue influence Murdoch media has.

I fear we could eventually end up with our own Jan 6th.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I fear we could eventually end up with our own Jan 6th.
How did you make that leap? :tearsofjoy:.
Australia has a leader lying about a ‘stolen’ election? No.
Nothing to do with Murdoch nor anyone else.
You seem to be forgetting that Faux News, despite some terrible commentary were actually the first to turn on Trump on Election Night when they called AZ for Biden, which is why Agent Orange in turn turned on them and spruiked OAN and Newsmax.

So how could ‘Murdoch’s Influence’ lead to an insurrection in Australia? That is nothing short of fear-mongering lunacy.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Haha even I don't want him killed for hecks sake...just his media investigated for corruption and manipulation of the news and persecution of the Bulldogs in DT lol.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha even I don't want him killed for hecks sake...just his media investigated for corruption and manipulation of the news and persecution of the Bulldogs in DT lol.
Haahaahaa, imagine that was a Dog's fan lol.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Haahaahaa, imagine that was a Dog's fan lol.
Terror on the Streets as Bulldog fans call for Australia's Most Successful Man be killed by ISIL who are living in their Muslim suburbs.

Last edited: