News Murdoch/Fox Funnies

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Must be hard for any Murdoch journalist to admit they were wrong; though plenty of ex-Murdoch journos are happy to expose the lies and dirty tricks of their boss once they're off his payroll.

Credlin was the power behind Tony Abbott, and her links to the LNP go very deep. If this is the quality of independent journalism in this country, they have proved Rudd's point.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Must be hard for any Murdoch journalist to admit they were wrong; though plenty of ex-Murdoch journos are happy to expose the lies and dirty tricks of their boss once they're off his payroll.

Credlin was the power behind Tony Abbott, and her links to the LNP go very deep. If this is the quality of independent journalism in this country, they have proved Rudd's point.
Do you know who Shep Smith is? Used to be a news anchor for Fox News. Fox News use people like Shep Smith and Chris Wallace to point to when they claim their network is "balanced" and "provide views from both sides".

Shep recently quit as he just could not take the late night opinion show (Hannity, Ingram, Carlson) lies anymore. Since then he's given a couple of interviews expressing his frustration at the network and that he genuinely thought that if he stayed there, that at the very least he could bring the real news to Fox viewers.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don't get person Nathan!

You don't like Murdoch being held accountable...that's on you.
I couldn’t care less and don’t even watch or read the news but just pointing out you do mention him a lot

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I couldn’t care less and don’t even watch or read the news but just pointing out you do mention him a lot
So????

We mention Trump as well.

I'll be regularly mentioning here in this thread so get used to it!

Or look away.

Don't be trying to strong arm TK posts.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So????

We mention Trump as well.

I'll be regularly mentioning here in this thread so get used to it!

Or look away.

Don't be trying to strong arm TK posts.
That’s good and I welcome that because you could be talking about Trent Barrett and Rupert Murdoch comes up. I’m curious. Why do you hate them so much? Because they are obviously so biased? I’m guessing you also hate the ABC too?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you know who Shep Smith is? Used to be a news anchor for Fox News. Fox News use people like Shep Smith and Chris Wallace to point to when they claim their network is "balanced" and "provide views from both sides".

Shep recently quit as he just could not take the late night opinion show (Hannity, Ingram, Carlson) lies anymore. Since then he's given a couple of interviews expressing his frustration at the network and that he genuinely thought that if he stayed there, that at the very least he could bring the real news to Fox viewers.
No, I don't know of him. But I've been amused at the goal post shifting by Sky's talking heads, who confidently predicted a successful Trump legal challenge, and how Biden would be taken away and locked up, while Trump triumphed on Jan 20 - complete with the standard "the lefties will be crying" comment, proving how balanced the Murdoch stable is. This is the same mob who scream "bias" when the ABC does a factual report.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No, I don't know of him. But I've been amused at the goal post shifting by Sky's talking heads, who confidently predicted a successful Trump legal challenge, and how Biden would be taken away and locked up, while Trump triumphed on Jan 20 - complete with the standard "the lefties will be crying" comment, proving how balanced the Murdoch stable is. This is the same mob who scream "bias" when the ABC does a factual report.
Quite ironic isn't it? Newscorp have been caught lying multiple times, have been caught on false propaganda campaigns multiple times but yet part of the public believe their lies about the ABC being biased. It's just bashing your head against the wall stuff.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I personally think more Australian people should be offended by the fact that our politics are being heavily influenced by one person who has enough money and media sources at their disposal to pretty much flood the population with their own biased views.

When people talk about the mainstream media in Australia, the vast majority of it is owned by Murdoch. Prior to Howard changing media ownership laws it was illegal for one person to own this amount of media because it was recognised long ago that it's a monopoly on spreading opinion.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That’s good and I welcome that because you could be talking about Trent Barrett and Rupert Murdoch comes up. I’m curious. Why do you hate them so much? Because they are obviously so biased? I’m guessing you also hate the ABC too?
Oh dear you just can't handle anyone going against your favourites, with your same political leanings can you :(

I am entitled to offer an opinion or start a new thread in the Lounge without having to explain or justify to you.

Just settle down and realise there's also others on here who don't mind discussing the state of our country's media ownership on TK.

Just leave it Nathan. I don't want to get involved in the petty two and fro again.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I personally think more Australian people should be offended by the fact that our politics are being heavily influenced by one person who has enough money and media sources at their disposal to pretty much flood the population with their own biased views.

When people talk about the mainstream media in Australia, the vast majority of it is owned by Murdoch. Prior to Howard changing media ownership laws it was illegal for one person to own this amount of media because it was recognised long ago that it's a monopoly on spreading opinion.
True. It’s a shame some people don’t have the sense to make up their own minds. The media are ALL full of shit. When I used to watch the news the amount of times I’ve witnessed something in person and then seen it reported it two totally different ways on commercial TV & the ABC really turned me off the news

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Oh dear you just can't handle anyone going against your favourites, with your same political leanings can you :(

I am entitled to offer an opinion or start a new thread in the Lounge without having to explain or justify to you.

Just settle down and realise there's also others on here who don't mind discussing the state of our country's media ownership on TK.

Just leave it Nathan. I don't want to get involved in the petty two and fro again.
Ok, I’ll leave it because I can’t have an opinion too

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True. It’s a shame some people don’t have the sense to make up their own minds. The media are ALL full of shit. When I used to watch the news the amount of times I’ve witnessed something in person and then seen it reported it two totally different ways on commercial TV & the ABC really turned me off the news
To an extent I see the Murdoch method as being somewhat similar to Scientology or the Westboro Baptist methods of influencing opinion. If you don't hear different views from influential sources, the truth doesn't always sound reasonable. People from both these churches sometimes escape the influence and realise how skewed the opinions they've been fed are. But that initial step can be hard to take.

So having a strong influx of one persons ideals bombarding people in the media makes it difficult for people to get a balanced set of views in order to make their own minds up. It's not that people are stupid or gullible. But humans tend to accept the majority view as the truth.

We aren't taught to be critical thinkers in school in my opinion. So it's often difficult to try to change opinions that are set.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The bipartisanship of the media is a problem that has been growing rapidly in America, and unfortunately it has also been growing in Australia. Fortunately most of it is restricted to the shock jocks rather than the main media. If you watch Sky News reports, they're pretty honest. But watch their column pieces like the ones with Credlin or Jones, and it's all rubbish. It's the same if you read the Guardian. There's a definitely left wing leaning to their reporting but it's all factual. Like Sky news, they just report on the stuff that affects the left more than the right. But read their opinion columns and it has a decent amount of rubbish in there.

If we keep following this path then we'll becoming like the CNN/Fox bipartisan divide. It's not a good path to take as it only leads to conflict.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ok, I’ll leave it because I can’t have an opinion too
You can, and an opinion is welcome of course.

I just don't feel it's the best way to go about it by questioning the OP'S motives and be personal about it :grinning:

Would love to hear your opinion about Murdoch and that Credlin apology.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know you have an issue with the ABC, but you should look at their "Media Watch" program which holds everyone up to scrutiny, including the ABC.
It is a real window on the media in this country, and no wonder that Murdoch wants the ABC shut down.