Social Media Munster

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Gut says NO.

Talent is there however he is a loose cannon and if he feels above the Storm's standards as a powerhouse then what would his attitude be if he came to the reigning wooden spooners. My guess is the guy has no "professionalism" in him and is happy to get by on talent while partying it up.

I think this would be way too negative in what we are trying to turn around. Even worse if it's only for a year. We do need someone to partner Burton but I don't think he's the guy. 2 x 5/8's anyway.

So more risk then reward in my opinion.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD if he's a loose cannon in the Storm system, under Bellamy, and living in Victoria, what's he going to be like in Sydney under Baz...if he farts on a bus the drunk Rothfield will be all over it

More importantly though we need a game managing 7, not another 5/8, so it's a big no from me

The more relevant story to come out of the Storm is what happens to Smith and Grant...that's what I'm more interested in

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
only place munster should go to is a rehab facility, he does have issues as has been well documented with alcohol now reportedly drugs

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Munster is set to quietly hit the player market heading into 2022, The Sporting Base has heard, with powerbrokers at the southern organisation rubber-stamping a sensational bid to shift the 27-year-old on before the start of next season.

The Storm five-eighth hit the headlines in the build-up to the grand final — which Melbourne will not be playing in — after being filmed with an illicit substance in a leaked Mad Monday video.

The controversy, one of the first for Melbourne in years, may be the straw on the camel’s back.

It is this The Sporting Base writer’s understanding that Storm management has already had one eye raised at Munster for a long time, a fact that was compounded after he came out the week before a potential record-setting twentieth straight win for the club to declare himself “open” to shifting to the NRL’s seventeenth club in 2023.

The surprise sound-off is far from the first time Munster has, as some at the club say, “put his foot in it” when talking to the media at crunch times. More recently, following an insipid performance against the Panthers, Munster claimed that his team deserved to be in the final more.

Warning sirens are already ringing at several NRL clubs after the Munster move leaked to the media. The Sporting Base understands several are very interested in securing the star for 2022.

Gettyimages 1043380422

Those potential suitors include the Canberra Raiders, Gold Coast Titans, Wests Tigers, and the cash flushed St George Illawarra Dragons, though Anthony Griffin’s plans still remain to blood the club’s ever-promising batch of young juniors, if possible.

The truth of the matter though is that no NRL club would turn down a player of Munster’s calibre. Since breaking into the top-flight in 2015 he’s played 151 games for the Storm.

In that same time, the 27-year-old has never finished worse than a preliminary final.

The star was the Dally M Five-Eighth medalist in 2018 and 2019, and was awarded State of Origin’s highest individual plaudit, the Wally Lewis Medal for man of the series, as Queensland staged an incredible 2-1 victory over the Blues last year.

The only cog in any potential wheel will be Munster’s vocal interest in joining the Queensland expansion team as their franchise player when they join the league in 2023.

That means any club looking to pick up the now-purple star will have the understanding they’re only scoring his talents for a single premiership season, and all the question marks that come with settling into a new city and club will be in play over those 12 months as well.

The best fit, then, would be the Raiders or the Dragons. The Titans and Tigers are sniffing around for long-term options, but Canberra and St George Illawarra both boast hefty junior cohorts. The ability to slowly blood them in over 2022 before taking the jumper full-time in 2023 could be appetising for the ambitious heavyweights.

The Sporting Base could even see Munster sticking it out in Melbourne for one more year, before being released a year early to join the Dolphins/Jets/Fire
If the story is true...
Why the attention is only directed on Munster and not Smith as well ?
Is it because Melbourne has conceded to the fact he is gone / going to the new Qld franchise and using the situation to find an early replacement option ?
We all know drugs are one of the game's problem but also society's in general !!!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Burton can be our Munster. We need someone who can compliment Burton on the right hand side (if not Averillo which you'd say is probably not likely). I'd like to throw that money at Smith/Grant or even Manu.
Exactly. I don't think anyone at our club who thinks we should go for Munster realises that both he and Burton are left side dominant.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If the story is true...
Why the attention is only directed on Munster and not Smith as well ?
Is it because Melbourne has conceded to the fact he is gone / going to the new Qld franchise and using the situation to find an early replacement option ?
We all know drugs are one of the game's problem but also society's in general !!!
Or is it that the Storm choose to get rid on Munster but still want cheese and would like that extra cash to try and keep him? Kind of how we were portrayed badly for wanting to get rid of Idiot which also helped our salary cap but because it's the storm there's no link or innuendo?

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Munster already said a while ago he would be joining the new Queensland team.
Its not like we have any good players coming?
With all the rumours I just thought of this scenario...
Tigpies get...Munster for 1 year and Grant on a new contract.
Melbourne get...Brooks on a cut price and Bellamy turns him into another Cronk moving Hughes to 5/8.
Stranger things have happened :tonguewink:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Or is it that the Storm choose to get rid on Munster but still want cheese and would like that extra cash to try and keep him? Kind of how we were portrayed badly for wanting to get rid of Idiot which also helped our salary cap but because it's the storm there's no link or innuendo?
Munster is their most highly paid player.

Being the most highly paid player in a team can be a poisoned chalice. Ash Taylor, Anthony Milford, JT, Ben Hunt, the list goes on. Only possibly DCE has handled it ok, but he hasn't won a premiership since signing that contract.

This is why I don't mind Burto being well paid but not highly paid for his first two seasons. Obviously he is going to get upgraded, but hopefully in those two seasons he can see that he needs a team around him, and the club can see that rather than having one player on $1m and 4 or 5 in the 500-600k range, like Melbourne, we need 4 or 5 players all in the 600 to 800k range. It spreads the pressure a bit, and means that a bloke can mess up a bit and not put teammates offside.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The reigning wooden spooners dont want Munster??? BhahHahahhahaaha

Fark Me!!! We recruit a couple of half decent players and suddenly we think we're too good for arguably the best 5/8th of the past 4 years... Lolololol

Last edited: