Social Media Mundine Jnr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By all reports, Mundine snr is well respected and a really top bloke.. he just acted like a clown to sell fights and it worked because hes made a very tidy profit out of being a bog average boxer..
Yeah, I always couldnt stand him either for his public persona, similar to @Alan79 however, a guy I work with now used to work at one the venues where his fights have been held as a young fella.
He was involved in setting up the ring/tables/chairs/curtains etc, he said that Choc used to come in and say hello to the young guys and was super humble and down to earth.
He came back around 12 months later and remembered his name and asked how he was doing.

Its hard to say when you havent personally met the guy but its also hard to dispute many people's personal interactions with him being positive.
It does make sense when you think the public persona and saying so much dumb shit is a huge PR thing to make money, it has obviously worked.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
By all reports, Mundine snr is well respected and a really top bloke.. he just acted like a clown to sell fights and it worked because hes made a very tidy profit out of being a bog average boxer..
I have problems with people that prey on other people's mistakes for their own glory, especially if they deliberately bait the other person and instigates the mistake !!!
Who remembers the Mundine & Cooper verses Ward racism drama ?
I forgive but don't forget !!!

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The son's probably a good kid. It's just the associated hangers on and Mundine's entourage that's the worry.
Oh no doubt. I got nothing against the young fella but can u imagine the old man carrying on over everything.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have problems with people that prey on other people's mistakes for their own glory, especially if they deliberately bait the other person and instigates the mistake !!!
Who remembers the Mundine & Cooper verses Ward racism drama ?
I forgive but don't forget !!!
That pissed me off too. Almost mentioned it in my first post. The whole fat **** verse black **** interaction. Back then it was anti PC to be racist, but not as anti PC to fat shame people. I don't support racism, but thought it was harsh that Ward copped a pretty significant financial penalty for returning serve after being insulted. From memory he copped a $10,000 fine which was a lot more significant at that time.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh no doubt. I got nothing against the young fella but can u imagine the old man carrying on over everything.
I cringe thinking about it. But having re-read the article, Mundine senior was pretty restrained with his comments. Perhaps he's willing to let his son forge a career based on his own talent.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the turncoat Anthony Mundine,
But like it or not he is well respected at our club now !!!
He is working with the club on influencing players to sign for us, soon we will see the results .
I can't see his son going anywhere but us .
Is this fact? Or heresay?

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I cringe thinking about it. But having re-read the article, Mundine senior was pretty restrained with his comments. Perhaps he's willing to let his son forge a career based on his own talent.
Choc has grown up a lot. He still says a few silly things but he’s made so much money that way by drawing attention to himself. He is a lot closer to the club than people realise and seems to want the best for us. I wasn’t a huge fan of his for some other reasons I won’t go in to but I don’t think he’ll be an issue if we sign CJ

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Does the club need any more hate, religeous bias and controversy to come its way?

You get probably the most hated sportsperson in Australia (after Kyrgious) come with the kid 2 for 1.

The Telecrap and Buzz etc would probably play it bad. Who knows *shrugs shoulders*.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like my players humble which is why Mundane always made my hair stand on end. That being said I always heard that the work he done around Redfern and making himself available to the people was second to none. I remember the interview he gave post fight against Horn where he came out and admitted that his career was intentionally made by making controversy to promote the fights and he understands why so many didn't like him. I gained a little respect for that comment. That being said his mouth just says some plain stupid things regardless.

I'm not sure what I'm trying to say here but if his boy has talent, and let's face it his old man had heaps then I guess I shouldn't judge him on his old man. It's just the idiots he seemed to associate with that we would want no where near the club. Does he still knock about with that Khodder or whatever his name was?
I don't know if he's still associated with khoder Nasser
Choc has grown up a lot. He still says a few silly things but he’s made so much money that way by drawing attention to himself. He is a lot closer to the club than people realise and seems to want the best for us. I wasn’t a huge fan of his for some other reasons I won’t go in to but I don’t think he’ll be an issue if we sign CJ
I guess he's probably spoken with Reimis about the way he's been treated during his time here. Seems like we've treated him pretty well after his early debut and through the rehab after he copped a pretty nasty injury. I can't help but appreciate the fact that plenty of people with some influence in various circles have good things to say about us. It's all very well for people to say just pay overs for stars. But it's a better strategy for long term success if everyone with any minor dealings with the club speaks highly about the fact that we do the little things to keep our roster happy.

At the end of the day if we're only able to attract players for a pay cheque, they're not here for the right reasons.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Choc is like any wealthy buisnessman, he knows his product and how to sell it.
I can personally confirm he is a good lad, as is his family.
One of the best players i ever played with was a mundine, anthonys cousin (Micheal)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've said numerous times that Choc is actually a lovely, down to earth guy who spends a huge amount of time with junior Indigenous basketball and footy teams as well as young kids boxing and in schools etc. He goes out of his way to help his community which is extremely admirable. He deserves more respect than he gets. A lot of people still hate him for his antics which I get but he's changed a lot since then.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I've said numerous times that Choc is actually a lovely, down to earth guy who spends a huge amount of time with junior Indigenous basketball and footy teams as well as young kids boxing and in schools etc. He goes out of his way to help his community which is extremely admirable. He deserves more respect than he gets. A lot of people still hate him for his antics which I get but he's changed a lot since then.
Burnt too many bridges and lost that respect from most Aussies cos he went about promoting himself the wrong way. Glad to hear the positive remarks about him tho cos he was a great athlete.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burnt too many bridges and lost that respect from most Aussies cos he went about promoting himself the wrong way. Glad to hear the positive remarks about him tho cos he was a great athlete.
Yeah i get that, no different to pauline hanson i guess, but gotta respect both for standing up for their beliefs whether we agree with them or not.
Too many yes men around ,especially in the nrl.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So people wouldn't sign a player simply because they judge his dad being a 'clown' etc?

What if Mundine Jnr was a world beater. One of the best players in the NRL and we had a chance to sign him. Would people still be saying no because of who his dad is?

If you still wouldn't sign him based on who his dad is then ... you're an idiot. Sorry.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
So people wouldn't sign a player simply because they judge his dad being a 'clown' etc?

What if Mundine Jnr was a world beater. One of the best players in the NRL and we had a chance to sign him. Would people still be saying no because of who his dad is?

If you still wouldn't sign him based on who his dad is then ... you're an idiot. Sorry.
Exactly. Choc would just have to be reminded of the mantra no player is bigger than the club.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have met him a few times. Never been anything but polite and we'll mannered. He is very cognosis of the fact that he makes a lot of money out of making people hate him....a pr strategy that's made him very wealthy.
Iam polite no **** likes me and Iam poor

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
shouldnt have choc been more careful to include all "drugs" like caffeine not just the anti social drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.