Social Media Mundine Jnr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Saw a post on FB (Rugby League Zero fuks given) this morning claiming we are 1 of 4 clubs chasing Mundine Jnr's signature from St George?

Raiders In Race To Sign MUNDINE JR

Four NRL clubs are fighting a battle to sign one of the best prospects in rugby league - the son of former Dragons star and world boxing champion Anthony Mundine.

CJ Mundine is 18 and starred for the Dragons as a utility back in this year's SG Ball competition.

The Dragons are desperate to keep Mundine junior but are facing stiff opposition from Canberra, the Bulldogs and Titans.

Proud father 'The Man' is confident the youngster has what it takes to succeed in the NRL.

"I've mentored him since he was old enough to walk and said to him, 'Stay on the straight and narrow - things like drugs and alcohol are a dead end street'," Mundine senior told Wide World of Sports.

"He has listened and is a real student of the game. He has a big future."

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's also been on more credible sites as well, pretty much same info though.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Saw that. Not sure about The Man Flu hanging about the place claiming his son is The Greatest :grinning:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The kid is a absolute talent ... definitely has his fathers sporting genes. Would be a coup if we did land his signature.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the turncoat Anthony Mundine,
But like it or not he is well respected at our club now !!!
He is working with the club on influencing players to sign for us, soon we will see the results .
I can't see his son going anywhere but us .

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah hoppa turned out very different from his first of man
Exactly mate. The one bad egg son out of 52 kids is trying to turn it around and one daughter isn’t too bright driving with a baby unrestrained in the front seat but Will is a great ambassador for the club

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By all reports, Mundine snr is well respected and a really top bloke.. he just acted like a clown to sell fights and it worked because hes made a very tidy profit out of being a bog average boxer..
I have met him a few times. Never been anything but polite and we'll mannered. He is very cognosis of the fact that he makes a lot of money out of making people hate him....a pr strategy that's made him very wealthy.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My only issue with Mundine has been that his mouth has always just overshadowed his level of talent. Back in his league days he was a great finisher playing very selfishly in a position that called for unselfish play. He pulled the race card as a reason he wasn't in origin rather than acknowledge that his ball hogging at 5/8 kept him from rep teams. I mostly ignored his boxing career because his mouth just kept dribbling constantly with the same self promotion. I'll never deny that Mundine had sporting talent. But I could never support a sportsperson that is the president of their own fan club.

If his son is a prodigious talent, that's all well and good. I wish him well in his career. I'm not going to pass my hatred on to his son. If his son doesn't have a skerrick of humility, then I hope the club stay a long way from signing him. If we wind up signing him I just hope he keeps his mouth under control and lets his football skills talk for him. I despise narcissistic personalities. I understand that you won't get far in any sport without the self belief that you are good enough. But as soon as any player starts running their mouth about how wonderful they are I typically begin hoping they break a leg.

I don't know if jr has the same personality traits as his dad. If we happen to land his signature, for sanities sake I hope he doesn't. Last thing I want is to hear two Mundines labelling the club as a bunch of racists for not selecting a player that may or may not be ready. All the talent in the world can't make me like a narcissist.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the turncoat Anthony Mundine,
But like it or not he is well respected at our club now !!!
He is working with the club on influencing players to sign for us, soon we will see the results .
I can't see his son going anywhere but us .
As I said above. I've got no issues with Mundine jr. If he can portray a humble image throughout his career I'd be happy to see him shine. If he shines while helping us towards premierships that's even better. I've never met Anthony Mundine. Just judged him from the image of himself he promoted.

By all reports, Mundine snr is well respected and a really top bloke.. he just acted like a clown to sell fights and it worked because hes made a very tidy profit out of being a bog average boxer..
I've heard that he's a different person to his media persona a few times now.

I have met him a few times. Never been anything but polite and we'll mannered. He is very cognosis of the fact that he makes a lot of money out of making people hate him....a pr strategy that's made him very wealthy.
I have to take people's word for this. I've only been privvy to his public persona.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I like my players humble which is why Mundane always made my hair stand on end. That being said I always heard that the work he done around Redfern and making himself available to the people was second to none. I remember the interview he gave post fight against Horn where he came out and admitted that his career was intentionally made by making controversy to promote the fights and he understands why so many didn't like him. I gained a little respect for that comment. That being said his mouth just says some plain stupid things regardless.

I'm not sure what I'm trying to say here but if his boy has talent, and let's face it his old man had heaps then I guess I shouldn't judge him on his old man. It's just the idiots he seemed to associate with that we would want no where near the club. Does he still knock about with that Khodder or whatever his name was?

Status
Not open for further replies.