Social Media Mundine Jnr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t believe what I’m reading in here. There is nobody on this planet that HAS to be humble, particularly to do their job. I question whether people truly know what that means and realise it’s a very difficult trait to obtain if you don’t have it already.
I’d prefer to evaluate players based on their actual playing ability and potential. There are no guarantees how a player will turn out anyway.
I remember seeing an article about Barba washing cars in Yagoona before his FG debut to help make ends meet and he came across as really down to earth and appreciating the opportunity the club had given him. We all know how that worked out.
Nothing wrong with an athlete being cocky and a little bit arrogant. They are there to play sport not to be your friend

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If Mundane is only acting like a fuckwit, then give him an Oscar.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
My only issue with Mundine has been that his mouth has always just overshadowed his level of talent. Back in his league days he was a great finisher playing very selfishly in a position that called for unselfish play. He pulled the race card as a reason he wasn't in origin rather than acknowledge that his ball hogging at 5/8 kept him from rep teams. I mostly ignored his boxing career because his mouth just kept dribbling constantly with the same self promotion. I'll never deny that Mundine had sporting talent. But I could never support a sportsperson that is the president of their own fan club.

If his son is a prodigious talent, that's all well and good. I wish him well in his career. I'm not going to pass my hatred on to his son. If his son doesn't have a skerrick of humility, then I hope the club stay a long way from signing him. If we wind up signing him I just hope he keeps his mouth under control and lets his football skills talk for him. I despise narcissistic personalities. I understand that you won't get far in any sport without the self belief that you are good enough. But as soon as any player starts running their mouth about how wonderful they are I typically begin hoping they break a leg.

I don't know if jr has the same personality traits as his dad. If we happen to land his signature, for sanities sake I hope he doesn't. Last thing I want is to hear two Mundines labelling the club as a bunch of racists for not selecting a player that may or may not be ready. All the talent in the world can't make me like a narcissist.
Haha....no we don't want these black fellas speaking up for there rights now do we!!!!

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you figure that??
Can already see it now... the young fella doesn't get selected when Choc thinks he should and then Choc will be straight to the media bashing us with "coz he's a certain color the bulldogs won't select him.... racist club coz white blokes are favoured above him......

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Can already see it now... the young fella doesn't get selected when Choc thinks he should and then Choc will be straight to the media bashing us with "coz he's a certain color the bulldogs won't select him.... racist club coz white blokes are favoured above him......
Haha...I think you would cause more trouble

Banned
Reaction score
Give Choc a full time distraction like assistant coach to under 20's?
Leave him in a state of conflict when he opens his sewer outlet!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need to sign up all of the young talent we can. Young kids are impressionable, so I'm sure that the club can help mould them into decent young men. If not, well see ya later.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Sign the kid up.

Status
Not open for further replies.