Mum of girls who died in hot car to face court charged with murder

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
https://www.news.com.au/national/qu...r/news-story/a7f0b4ae0a3e03f08b93a3f604337356

The lifeless bodies of two little girls were reportedly carried from their home soaking wet after desperate attempts to revive them.

Neighbours reported seeing the girls, Darcey-Helen, 2, and Chloe-Ann, 1, being carried out by police after they died in a hot car south of Brisbane on Saturday.

Their Logan mother, Kerri-Ann Conley, 27, will face Brisbane Magistrates Court on Monday on two counts of murder after the girls were pulled unresponsive from the car outside a home in Waterford West about 1.35pm.

The temperature in the area at 1.30pm was 31C.

A family member of Ms Conley told The Courier-Mail there were multiple attempts to alert the Department of Child Safety.

“I know of four people that made reports to them and other agencies and nothing was done.

“(They) just got told they would look into it and do a property check of who lived there,” the family member said.

The shattered father of Darcey-Helen, who he called “Pumpkin”, told The Courier Mail he was devastated, also being a father figure to Chloe-Ann.

“Darcey and Chloe were loved by anyone and everyone who met them. I absolutely adored them both,” the father, who asked not to be named, said.

“Darcey had a contagious laugh and Chloe really, although they were 12 months apart, wasn’t really that far behind Darcey. I think she learnt a lot off Darcey, mannerisms.”

He said the pair giggled all the time and repeated everything others said.

“They were just two peas in a pod,” he said.

Neighbours, who have paid tribute to the “gorgeous little girls”, said they saw them soaking wet.

“The police were carrying the girls out … their shirts were ripped open like they’d tried to save them,” one woman who did not want to be named told The Sunday Mail.

9News reports Ms Conley discovered the pair and rushed them inside in an attempt to cool their bodies.

It was claimed she desperately tried to splash water on them after finding them.

Queensland Police are urging members of the public who may have any information regarding the matter to contact them.

A friend of the family described the girls as “two beautiful angels”.

“Darcey had a very caring heart for her sister and us all and the most amazing cuddles and kisses, and just as any toddler does, she liked to see how far she would get with being a bit mischievous,” she told The Courier-Mail.

Neighbours said the family had moved in as recently as six months ago.

People have been laying flowers and tributes at the scene today.

Detective Inspector Mark White said it was a very tragic incident.

“The two children exhibited signs of being exposed to extreme heat and that is forming the direction of our investigation,” he said.

“We’ll be speaking to quite a number of people to establish what was taken place.

“We are speaking with the parents of those children and it’s just a very, very tragic incident that has occurred.”

Neighbour Willow Dawes was visibly shocked by the distressing scenes.

“I came out when the ambulance pulled up and saw the children being brought out,” she told the The Sunday Mail.

“It’s pretty upsetting and it was quite confronting.”

One woman, who did not want to be named, said she knew the family and “gorgeous little girls”.

“They were always dressed beautifully and just happy little girls,” she told the newspaper.

“They were always out in the yard playing and they were always happy little girls, that’s for sure. They were gorgeous little girls.”

If it's one thing that gets me fired up it's poor innocent children having their lives taken because of some piece of shit neglecting them or purposely causing harm to them. Word is the chick is on drugs, for some reason leaves the kids in the car and falls asleep inside the house. Like seriously, what the fuck is wrong with some people. Being a parent myself and seeing stuff like this happen it always hits me a little more and all I can do is say why? Why does this shit happen.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Services lol the system is a fucking joke
How many times have you seen in the past where numerous complaints have been made against parents of neglected/abused kids to child services and nothing gets done then next minute the kids end up dead.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many times have you seen in the past where numerous complaints have been made against parents of neglected/abused kids to child services and nothing gets done then next minute the kids end up dead.
Bro been going through this shit with a fucking in law for years between family, school ,police,Drs, neighbors facs has been called over 100 times nothing the boy is 15 hasn't been to school in 2 years can't spell his own name and already an addict ,the girl is 8 and all her teeth rotten the other kid we had for 2 years out of our own pocket is pretty much a lost cause,they have just been evicted for causing over 50k damage to a rental.
All of this was preventable and some services had a lot in place to help with their welfare ( not facs fucking useless) but she refused to sign a piece of paper .
We had case workers to our house to discuss their welfare showed pictures of the kid on drugs the house a shit tip explained to them it's illegal for a kid not to attend school you know what's been done bro not a single fucking thing .It's beyond frustrating ,not even a year ago cops found their father dead in a caravan park at only 33 years old
The system is beyond broken

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bro been going through this shit with a fucking in law for years between family, school ,police,Drs, neighbors facs has been called over 100 times nothing the boy is 15 hasn't been to school in 2 years can't spell his own name and already an addict ,the girl is 8 and all her teeth rotten the other kid we had for 2 years out of our own pocket is pretty much a lost cause,they have just been evicted for causing over 50k damage to a rental.
All of this was preventable and some services had a lot in place to help with their welfare ( not facs fucking useless) but she refused to sign a piece of paper .
We had case workers to our house to discuss their welfare showed pictures of the kid on drugs the house a shit tip explained to them it's illegal for a kid not to attend school you know what's been done bro not a single fucking thing .It's beyond frustrating ,not even a year ago cops found their father dead in a caravan park at only 33 years old
The system is beyond broken
Shit brother, sounds like a pretty messed up situation. Shame the kids are on the same pathway as the parents, products of their environment? Must hurt when you try your best to help out only to have no help in return from the services that are meant to be there. Kids deserve a chance in life, it's unfair that neglectful parents ruin that for them.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It was quite warm here in Brisbane over the weekend, and this story has been all people are talking about at the moment.

To be charged with murder implies to me, some sort of intent, rather than a horrible misunderstanding type situation. I assume Police know a lot more than the press do at this stage.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was quite warm here in Brisbane over the weekend, and this story has been all people are talking about at the moment.

To be charged with murder implies to me, some sort of intent, rather than a horrible misunderstanding type situation. I assume Police know a lot more than the press do at this stage.
She's been charged with having a crack pipe drugs ect apparently it's not the first time this has happened , I highly doubt the murder chargers will stick ,she will out on the streets with 5 to 7 years max

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
She's been charged with having a crack pipe drugs ect apparently it's not the first time this has happened , I highly doubt the murder chargers will stick ,she will out on the streets with 5 to 7 years max
As someone who used to smoke that crap drug I can confirm it scatters you out and makes you lose touch with time and reality.

Fucking sad how many people get hooked on this crud drug and then reproduce!

When I used the shit I at least knew it would of been selfish and pathetic of me to get with another useless drug addict and have kids.

A guy I was friends with at school lost custody of his kids and so did his ex because she is worse than him!

Docs are weird though, he got out of jail and deemed him fit enough to have custody of his oldest boy but his twins went into foster care with their aunt?

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is no excuse in the world that justify this..... i cant stand people who defend actions on drugs like its an excuse. There should be a zero tolerance. take the kids off them. She deserves the death penalty not tax payers money wasted on her

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

QLD recently added "reckless indifference" into the definition of murder. It reads: "if death is caused by an act done, or omission made, with reckless indifference to human life".. it leaves it open for a very wide interpretation and application.

Banned
Reaction score
I've a feeling it will come back that DOCS was well aware of her risk factor, yet favoured her for custody purely for sexist reasons, thus affording further evidence into the Family Court inquiry!
Hope that if that's the case, those that made decisions that left these poor kids in harms way, are charged as accomplices irrelevant the fact they're public servants!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Society is too PC to lay all the blame on her. A condition/drug addiction will reduce her sentence.

Banned
Reaction score
Society is too PC to lay all the blame on her. A condition/drug addiction will reduce her sentence.
Totally agree and go further beyond that to assert that society probably protected her and her interests prior to the event, at the expense of the children's safety, health and welfare!
Fucking disgusting feminist driven act if that's the case as I strongly suspect and it appears to be!
DOCS should face criminal charges too if proven, with the staff who handled her case facing jail time.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
there is no excuse in the world that justify this..... i cant stand people who defend actions on drugs like its an excuse. There should be a zero tolerance. take the kids off them. She deserves the death penalty not tax payers money wasted on her
Have you ever used drugs that scatter your mind that make 5 hours only feel like, only 2 minutes have passed?
If the answer is no then you can’t really make judgement on that.

Lots of parents have been stripped of their right to their children’s custody because they choose a needle or pipe over their children!

But there’s also lots of rotten parents out there who wrongfully have children in their care.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Totally agree and go further beyond that to assert that society probably protected her and her interests prior to the event, at the expense of the children's safety, health and welfare!
Fucking disgusting feminist driven act if that's the case as I strongly suspect and it appears to be!
DOCS should face criminal charges too if proven, with the staff who handled her case facing jail time.
Spot on. Just to see the media quiz the Premier they know its all wrong but will they do anything about it, hell no.
It's time the justice system and people protecting these clowns start facing some hard questions and start being held accountable. A lot of this crap goes on that no one hears about.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
This is something I heavily disagree with doing.
Just because someone has a drug addiction it doesn’t mean they don’t know right from wrong?

This is coming from someone who used to recreationally use these horrible substances though.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Spot on. Just to see the media quiz the Premier they know its all wrong but will they do anything about it, hell no.
It's time the justice system and people protecting these clowns start facing some hard questions and start being held accountable. A lot of this crap goes on that no one hears about.
Thing is to the justice system.
Drug addicted people are of high value.
They keep police stations and court houses busy!

Banned
Reaction score
Sadly, what most forget, is those that are innocent in all of this, paid the ultimate price!
They're not fucking pawns, they are humans who deserve to be nurtured, protected, cherished and loved FFS!
Parents that utilise their kids as bargaining chips, shouldn't be and any judge worth their weight in salt that sees as such, should publicly tear strips off them in court and award against them!
The vast majority of kids killed this year due to DV, are killed by their mother!
And yeah, a topic I feel very strongly about, as they're fucking kids FFS!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Sadly, what most forget, is those that are innocent in all of this, paid the ultimate price!
They're not fucking pawns, they fucking humans who deserve to be nurtured, protected, cherished and loved FFS!
Parents that utilise their kids as bargaining chips, shouldn't be and any judge worth their weight in salt that see's as such, should publicly tear strips off them in court and award against them!
The vast majority of kids killed this year due to DV, are killed by their mother!
And yeah, a topic I feel very strongly about, as they're fucking kids FFS!
A friend of mine posted a pic of a girl who murdered her son the other night.

What the fuck cracks in someone’s head to make them even consider bringing harm to their own flesh and blood?

I have no idea as I’m childless and ignorant (according to a lot of unhappy people in relationships who have kids)

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
She has been charged with two counts of murder.

I have not seen a single person excuse what she did. On the contrary everyone is calling for blood. If found guilty she will receive a life sentence (notwithstanding possibility of eventual parole etc).